With a heavy heart RIP Donald R Wilson Jr (Dad)

Well as some of you know my Dad has been fighting Alzheimer’s for 6-7 years and he was doing a lot better since we had just been back to our hometown to visit family and while home my 89 year old Gram passed away from the most wicked disease I’ve been around Alzheimer’s and I just wanted to ask the OG community to keep my Dad and Family in your thoughts and prayers. This is not something you can ever be ready to deal with but I just have so many amazing memories and love that it outweighs the few tough times by TONS! RIP Donald R Wilson Jr (DADDY) April 28 1956 - September 1 2022 66 years young and to early to be ravaged by my thoughts… Thanks for the continued support and genuine concern care and love that I’ve been getting from the BEST DAMN Community out there… Thanks again OG community… Here’s a few pics of my BEST friend and I’m gonna miss him SO MUCH

FB_IMG_1430336720838 FB_IMG_1430336706779 FB_IMG_1422909034662

93 Likes

RIP Sir… :cry:

So sorry for your loss.

9 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that Doc, Alzheimer’s is a tough one, my mom had it too, her not recognizing me really hurt….:frowning:

14 Likes

As you said too early to go away :disappointed:, sorry for your loss… :pray:

9 Likes

SO Sorry, DrG.
I’ve also seen that disease, Mom died of it. It’s awful. I have a friend who’s wife is suffering of it. They come by and have dinner quite a bit now. There’s really so little anyone can do to help the person but to try and carry on and keep things as pleasant as can be under the situation.

6 Likes

I, too, would like to extend my SINCERE CONDOLENCES!! May ALL your wonderful memories help to sustain you doing this difficult period, although this is such a difficult time. As others have stated, I was visited by the forces of Death, losing my Mother. Stay strong, rally around your family and closest of associates. Do SS, and as best as possible, BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

Yes sorry for your loss my mother has the same disease it’s a terrible thing to get. Stay strong.

7 Likes

So sad hi was too young to go so soon

My condolences

:pray::pray::pray:

6 Likes

Aw man, sorry for your loss. It’s a hell of a disease. Keep your head up, sending positive vibes! :v:

6 Likes

I recently lost my grandmother to this horrible disease.
I took relief in the fact that after suffering for more than 5 years and watching her deterioration that she was finally at peace.
I’m sorry for your loss.

7 Likes

So sorry to hear! My condolences and prayers for you and the family.

5 Likes

My sincerest condolences, @DrGonzo13. So sorry to hear of your losses. I thought your dad looked like my favorite guitarist, Frank Zappa, in that first pic! :v:

6 Likes

"Don’t eat the yellow Snow " Zappa was a favorite of my Dad and Stevie Ray Vaughan but I love that picture of him but thanks for the words!

10 Likes

With a heavy heart, my most sincere condolences. The pictures you posted are beautiful. Your dad looks so cool playing the guitar and so happy in the pictures with those he cared about and loved nearby!

He will forever live on in your heart and whenever you talk about him and celebrate his life. If you’re comfortable sharing, I’d love to hear some of the stories you have of him and to share in celebrating his life with you. Much love

6 Likes

Would you like some DANK ZAPPA in honor/memory of your Dad??? Just say the word!! SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

20 Likes

Now that’s a great way to honor the man :+1:

8 Likes

Sorry for your loss Gonzo, cherish the memories you had with him. I am amazed how we can land a craft on Mars and still have no cure for these terrible diseases.

6 Likes

Wow that’s a really cool offer… Sure I’d like that and honestly I have been looking at what I wanted to run in his honor and I’d like that a lot :star_struck::pleading_face:

15 Likes

So sorry for your lose :frowning:

6 Likes

PM those “personals”, they’ll get on a plane on Tuesday!! SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes