Women of Overgrow

We are opposites there…can’t stand my sperm donor and haven’t seen him in ~25 yrs. Anyhow, maintaining a close relationship with either parent in adulthood is very special that not a lot of people are able to achieve for whatever personal reason

You are very fortunate to live in such an optimal environment for year round gardening…lived in SF for a few yrs (my oldest son was born there) and miss it sometimes though have a lot more freedom here as well as, family even though have to endure 8-9 month winters with mostly cold summers - indoor gardening to the rescue!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Right?! You get the electric bills and I get the water bills. I am going to set-up a little cheapy greenhouse I bought in a few weeks and try my luck with a few autos during winter outside. It’s just a little plastic/pvc thing I bought on sale for 30 bucks. I need to track the sunlight back there right now so I can put it in the best spot for optimal sun this time of year, it will be interesting if nothing else. Never grown anything in a greenhouse before.

3 Likes

That about sums it up :stuck_out_tongue:

ooohh i’ll be watching for this…been looking at some for a couple yrs now - can’t justify the price…100.00 for a little 2x2x4 are the local offerings and haven’t found a place yet willing to ship to Ak. Anyway, I imagine it’ll be like a walk in high tunnel which would be perfect for winters there :wink:

1 Like

It’s 4’x4’x6’ lucked out at Big Lots. It went on clearance to make room for Halloween/Thanksgiving and X-Mas crap. I was super stoked when I saw it!

2 Likes

Wow!!! No shit? I probably would of picked up like 5 or 6 lol Thats a helluva score! Congrats!!!

1 Like

It was the last one! Dumb luck really!

1 Like

When did you start growing and why?

I started growing last year. My husband was put on Norco and told pain management was all that was left for him. I got his MMJ card and am his caregiver. He is entering late stage Alzheimer’s. I found this site in The Marijuana Grow Bible the first times I tried was when OG2 was starting and I kept getting a no longer working message. I was re-reading the book and tried again a found it. If I hadn’t I would have quite and gone back to buying.

What is your favorite strain?

I am still working on this one. I am finding I like the citrus strains.

If you could pick up a new skill in an instant, what would it be?

Knowing what the plants need and when they need it to get thru a whole grow.

What’s the best advice you’ve ever heard?

To give plant lots of LITFA :slight_smile:

What is your biggest obstacle?

Dealing with Depression and anxiety dealing with my hubby.

What is your personal pet peeve?

Using up the toilet paper and not putting on a new roll. Maybe a tie for people that don’t know the etiquette of driving.

10 Likes

Really sorry to hear about your hubby @G-paS Alzheimers is so rough. My Gramps had it, it’s so sad, but can also be incredibly frustrating. ((hugs))

5 Likes

The hardest is he was a mechanical genius and workaholic. Now I have to keep my chainsaws at the SIL and watch him 24/7 as he falls and already broke a hip trying to do stuff not to mention hiding keys to tractors. He treated me like a Queen for 20 years and now it is my turn to take care of him.

5 Likes

You are so right , so much has changed . even in the past ten years…mechelle x

4 Likes

Thank you for your support @Meesh

3 Likes

I haven’t been keeping up with his post since the earthquake with life continuing to move forward though all caught up now :stuck_out_tongue:

IME, in home health, Alzheimer’s is the toughest thing to deal with as those afflicted change to adapt to their current knowledge as it unfairly slips away. Its awesome you are taking care of him… not many can :disappointed_relieved:

I think most of us are…sooo many options, so little time lol

“They” say one day at a time though I have found in moments of high stress situations, best to take one moment at a time…we’re here for you anytime you need to vent, want advice or just plain old encouragement :hugging:

The toilet paper roll rotation can be a pia especially when the rolls are not nearby though driving etiquette also bugs me…I will literally drive 5-10 miles out of my way to bypass idiots approaching rush hour and all the time to avoid round abouts lol

3 Likes

ROFLMFAO :joy::grin:

1 Like

I hate those fu**en things too! lol

2 Likes

For me, its not that big of a deal…really small replacing a 4 way stop so just another challenge though seeing others treat them like stop signs, switching lanes while turning with many near misses and literally go round in circles til figure out where to turn off. Yeah. No thank you! lol

2 Likes

Try taking a 1/2 ton dually pulling a 26’ livestock trailer thru one. Sucks big time.

4 Likes

That would be me! :joy::joy: We have only a small few a few cities over and I truly just don’t know what to do!

3 Likes