Women using cannabis while pregnant

For decades governments have warned against cannabis use and pregnancy to the point of taking children away from parents. Some women have terrible symptoms that can cause women not to want to eat due to terrible nausea and much worse.
A new study shows that cannabis use during pregnancy does not impair your child and though not ideal can help certain women during their pregnancy:

15 Likes

I agree. I have smoked with pregnant woman before and their children turned out just fine. I’m not telling pregnant women to smoke there brains out by any means, but a little doesn’t seem to hurt. It’s the cigarettes and alcohol that has an effect…

16 Likes

They did a study on pregnant women in Jamaica who consumed cannabis in the 90s and the only real side effects they found were healthy birth weights from the mothers eating so good.Like what the hell is wrong with that?

10 Likes

I read somewhere that using cannabis leads to pregnancy.

26 Likes

And thank you for that Cannabis, well at least the practicing part. Too fricken old now to have kids and keep my sanity.

4 Likes

Just gov produced bullshit, or still that same old nonsense from yesteryear.

3 Likes

I mean, anything in moderation right? But why fuck with the potential development of a child? If you cant stop smoking up for 9 months of your life you probably shouldn’t have kids IMHO

8 Likes

What if I don’t inhale?

All anecdotal but I’ve known a couple women to consume weed while pregnant as it was the only thing to combat nausea. I was a little aghast but declined to say anything- wasn’t my business nor my baby. Glad I didn’t either as their babies were perfectly healthy, and because today I learned it’s not as big a deal as advertised.

How many babies were born without arms to mothers taking anti-nauseants like thalidomide as prescribed by a doctor? The drug even had FDA approval :frowning:

Not a question anyone can really answer, merely insight to the many facets of the issue.

9 Likes

I’ve been told I probably shouldn’t be saying who shouldn’t have kids, but yeah. I’ve always said this. If you can’t put the child over yourself, maybe you shouldn’t be a parent. I get we’re all human, but all actions have consequences and these are human beings.

5 Likes

From my experience the fetus really likes the 100% THC. Gets the little sucker going if you are using the high grade bubble, as well. Fetus don’t like shit weed.
It’s about harm reduction, really. The above sentences might seem like a joke, but they aren’t.

9 Likes

This might be off topic, but marijuana is the only drug you can consume while taking any other medicine without having any side effects.

6 Likes

I’m not a scientist but I believe the ovaries are in the nasal cavity. So you MUST inhale to get pregnant.

5 Likes

Not true, ive got some muscle relaxants from my car accident and was specifically told not to consume marijuana woth them as it can result in breathing difficulties

3 Likes

Fda approved is the worse lol. I don’t say anything when I see it, but why roll the dice. It’s a life and its not yours. It has already been proven to slow and hinder the development of a preadolecents mind. One can only deduce it could hinder a fetus… like I said, why roll the dice? I’m so lucky I’m a dude and never have to make that choice

5 Likes

Then why dictate to those that must make that choice?

7 Likes

Who said must? I thought we were talking our opinions here.

A pregnant woman must choose to smoke or not smoke. The position of a non-pregnant man has no bearing on the matter.

Personally I wouldn’t complain if Mrs Foreigner did so, within reason.

5 Likes

You are 100% correct. It is just my expressed opinion. I have to right to tell anyone what to do.

2 Likes

And I have the right to spit curry on my shirt as I laugh.

3 Likes

Lmao…thats not coming out :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes