Working as a cannabis Chef

Do you have a name? That would be great if you do.

1 Like

https://oaksterdamuniversity.com/. Hope this helps

1 Like

Thanks for that. Iā€™ll look it up.

1 Like

Cali for sure but many states in the US are coming round. Hard industry to break into, most cannabis infused edibles are still cookies and candy. Though donā€™t fret, between butter, oil, tinctures, keif, and even raw herb thereā€™s plenty of ways too incorporate.

Been a chef for over 20 years, made many a bud feast. Feel free too message me questions, ideas, feedback, etcā€¦

2 Likes

Thanks for the input :grin: it means a lot to me.

Would be cool to do a worldwide thing :grin: when I say ww I mean that I would travel to cook for anybody willing to pay for my travels :wink:

This is the sort of food I make/create and cook.

3 Likes

Iā€™m taking a break from cooking right now but not forgotten.

1 Like

My wife and I frequently joke about making a YouTube cannabis cooking channel where we just make food normally and then sprinkle on a little activated hash in the last second of every episode.

If youā€™re comedically inclined as well, I think thereā€™s ā€œalternativeā€ opportunities. :joy:

3 Likes

Combine this with drinks that incorporate cannabis and Iā€™ll subscribe.

2 Likes

Heheh. Thatā€™s cool. I still need to experiment a little more. I have very limited access to the ā€œoreganoā€ greens if you get my drift. So itā€™s more complicated to test and make experiments.

But that sounds funnyā€¦it reminds me of when I was a kid. I grabbed some hash and a yogurtā€¦ not mind blowing but a nice faint buzz.

I have made coconut oil but havenā€™t cooked with it yet.

Made some cookies a few times and they are yummy.

1 Like

Those cookies took me to space and beyondā€¦ My good was I mind fuc%@ with themā€¦ really tripping and halicinating. Was a bit scarry at the timeā€¦ And I thought I knew what I was doing but boy the cannabutter was potent.

Looking back it was quite hilarious but scary at the time. Now I have a better understanding of it all.

Valleymicro- green dragon is the drinks name.

Tincture, half gram bud per fluid ounce everclear. Exceed x4 if trim. Methods vary but Iā€™ve hade good results freezing and qwiso, and double boiled tinctures.

Green Dragon =1oz tincture, 12 os 7-UP over a dallop of honey pn the rocks.

1 Like

Butter is a fickle whoreā€¦ My personal favorite is 14g dusted herb too 1/2# unsalted butter on a simmer for 2 hours, strained and add the keif.

A basic sugar cookie or brownie recipe should work quite well, but add 1Tbsp coconut infused oil per 1/4# cannabutter. There goes reality.

Good luck, grow/cook well.
-Pool

1 Like

Thanksā€¦ Little by little this thread is growing. Appreciate any feedback and input.

I have tried fresh leaf mixed salad with mixed dried fruits ( raisins, coconut, papaya, banana) and hemp seeds dressed with lemon and olive oil vinaigrette. Nhum nhum.

I think what most people will find hard is the fact that the surface of the canna leaf is covered by tiny hairs that you only realize when you swallow, aiding to that horrible feeling that it wonā€™t go down. I guess thatā€™s the what gives it the bad reputation of being an emetic. I suppose it could be finely chopped and then incorporated to overcome the swallowing hurdle.

I have to read up in terms of nutrition to see what are the benefits of eating raw leaf.

Send Snoop dog an e-mail, he got a personal joint roller on staff.
He might actually hire a personal canna chef as well, so good luck with that!

1 Like

You know what? It has actually occurred to me :grin::wink:

Yeah, my wife and I eat the leaves sometimes, but mostly in smoothies for that reason.

1 Like

Never tried in smoothies. Maybe with banana and apple juice.

1 Like

I live on the west coast USA, worked in foodservice for a while.

Seems like the market is pretty saturated here, almost every dispensary and delivery service offers edibles with brand names.

Mostly its sugary empty calorie stuff like brownies and gummies though, would like to see stuff with actual nutritional content and accurate dosing.

Iā€™m sure people are making hash infused vegan chia seed almond butter superfood balls but they are eating them lol. Same thing with product, the fresh goods get hoarded and consumed by the industry and they sell whats deemed acceptable by management.

I donā€™t like eating weed, it either makes me way too high or I canā€™t feel it. Maybe proper dosing would help but havenā€™t gotten that far yet.

2 Likes