Worms? in Root zone RDWC Hydro

Found a couple of these on each plant roots. Plants look healthy 8 weeks Veg. Roots pearly white. $ plants in 1 35 Gal RDWC Tub.

Worms

3 Likes
  • 4 plants in RDWC HYDRO
1 Like

Have you seen these before.

Not seen this before.

:eye:

Looks to me like either click beetle larvae or less likely cutworms. Curious to see what the actual outcome is, might teach a few of us something!

1 Like

Thanks, I will update. This is my set up. Thinking of taking the 4 plants out and dunk them each into a bucket of water and H2O2

How the hell could a beetle get in here?

4 Likes

They are always attracted to water.

lol, well I have a lot of Water.

Eww! WTF is that? Ha! Ha! Cool looking. :grin:

Cutworm

One of many Click Beetle species

2 Likes

Doesn’t looks like any of these 2 IMHO…never seen anything similar in my dwc , luckily…
What were they at the end?
Ds

2 species. Drain fly and moth fly. Out of 8 plants, 2 were shit as the damage to the roots was too far and the 6 gave me a good harvest but couls have been wayyyyyy better considering to long Veg.

1 Like

thanks for the fast reply
DS

1 Like

@zimbogro Not sure if this thread is completely dead, but did you ever find out what this was? I cant tell if it’s a larva or a nematode, but I have found them in my aeroponic system, crawling around inside the reservoir and in the plant roots for both my cannabis system and a system I’ve been growing a bunch of different plants. It might’ve hitched a ride in the soil of a mint plant that I put in the system to test if soil plants can acclimate to aeroponics. I looked as it under the microscope and here’s the image I got at x40.