Would love to see GDP from early 2000s

Anybody hold on to any Estes GDP cuts? I’ve run a few hybrids like this Ethos banana daddy but always looking for that true version…used to come across it in college back in the day. Lovely smoke from ATL area

14 Likes

If you can’t find the real cut, go get CSI Humboldt GDP s1’s. In those you can find something like the real cut, just as good as the cut. Or possibly Better than the cut. Hoped that helped :love_you_gesture:t5:

11 Likes

Yeah thanks man I’m def aware of CSI and some others out there but hoping someone has kept around some GDP bags from 20 years ago or breeding projects. Even better would be Ken himself lurking ready to provide some free cuts haha

1 Like

I know exactly which batch you are looking for. Quite a few phenos, very grapey one is good. It’s a lavender colored version, that’s really good. But the standout out of them all is the yellow pack of juicy fruit! A potna of mine got a fistful of them directly from from Ken way back in the day. We were too dumb to realize how important they were. We planted seeds everywhere we could, tossing males indiscriminately. At about 50 left we began to realize the mistakes that were made. It became near impossible to find the lavender one and also the juicy fruit phenos. To this day we are just like you…
Searching

2 Likes

Ha yeah man wish I had some photos at least to reminiscent. Saw it pretty frequently around 2006/07 and of course wasn’t growing then just going to college. Lavender is exactly what I remember very unique but not like typical purp today. Smell and taste on point

2 Likes

@MoBilly had my personal favorite pheno, and possibly has a thread documenting his grow. I tagged him to possibly direct you to the grow. IIRC there’s photos!

3 Likes

Not to derail the thread but if you’re looking for juicy fruit terps specifically the mango mintality cut floating around tastes wildly similar to that fruit strip gum I used to get as a kid. She is lime green / easy to source for cheap.

2 Likes

That sounds ridiculously good! Maybe I can check into that. I was on the GDP hype train earlier on and enjoyed the high.
These days and newer strains lack most of the terp profile from back then, leaving a hole in my high

4 Likes

Cool man I’m a big fan of tropical fruit terps so that sounds interesting. One of my favorite all time was a white label strawberry banana photo from North Atlantic… pretty much smelled and tasted like a ripe banana with sweet strawberries on the back end. Soaring sativa high really potent

3 Likes

@Indoornesian
PM incoming.

Juicy fruit is one of my favorites, i have some seeds of
It to hunt🙂

2 Likes

I have four GDP plants from Homegrown Cannabis Co going — although I highly doubt they share a near history with the grandaddy himself, lol. Late to the party!

I dont think i can find any pics of straight GDP females…

But here’s a pure male I used and his progeny - my Blueberry Muffin

The bud structure is similar to Bubba / NL2
Grapey but also floral.
Nap time comes within 20 minutes
She plays very well with Blueberry.

Purple Kush x GDP

Durban x GDP

5 Likes

JP has the original GDP in Reg seeds

3 Likes

@Til_Valhalla has been working with GDP seeds in a big project to make some good medicine

1 Like

Cool man are you strictly outdoor grower?

434d54d921502ed37550241a1b2f36944b651b86_2_666x500
f7dccaad08eec377d587421f946fcc2401bb576a_2_666x500
This was my “Juicy Fruit” GDP.
Hope you don’t mind my posting my pics on here. I will remove if you want.
:+1:t4:

9 Likes

Nice main lovely rainbow flowers. Now when you say juicy fruit GDP, referring to sweet gum like terps? I have come across a nice pleasant juicy fruit strain years ago and the kind of typical GDP lavender grapey indica pheno but not hybrid of both

2 Likes

This was a GDP. I got the seeds from Eagles009 back in 2020. The smell was perfect yellow pack Juicy Fruit. I even bought a pack so I could compare and it was spot on Juicy fruit.

Edit: Checked records. That seed came from Eagles009 not homegrowncannabis. I’m stoned this morning.

3 Likes

Ken’s = perfumey
Norcal = the one (to me)

And GMOHouseOfClones holds her

5 Likes