Wtf with Distillate?

Picked up a few carts the other day… One was about what I expected, the other was… not. Cartridge tastes chemically, and not in the way I was expecting. Never had PTS or distillate, only ever live resin. Is distillate normally kind of… gross? I love the live resin, tastes like concentrated flower, this though reminds me of wax liquidizers with PE and PEG in them. Bad cart or bad tongue? What do you guys think. I expected a nice Sour Diesel sort of flavor but I just taste sort of a chemical blandness. I have a sensitive palate, I’m aware, I passed the cartridge to a friend and they said it didn’t really taste like anything; just vaguely “weedy”.

2 Likes

Absolutely not. I had a distilled cartridge recently and it tasted like pure THC (honey) as always… stay safe out there

I’ve gotten a second opinion again, and they don’t taste anything off. I might have a taste dysfunction of some sort right now, feel a little dumb at the moment lol. I told her to describe the taste: “peppery, mildly citrus, maybe a diesel taste”. Well sounds about like Sour Diesel. I put liquidizer in partly empty carts that I’d be burning out otherwise, give them to her, so she knows what the PEG taste is like. She said not a note of it.

the Dispo’s in this state sell carts without the terps, for some reason they extract the terps.

Likely the same argument over other “flavored” inhalation products being marketed toward children. This cart reads 79.16% cannabis, and the only other listed is natural terpenes. So in short, I got a weaker, shittier tasting cart for about $5 less than the great ones. I’d be maybe be mad, but to be honest I didn’t even read the description well enough to notice it was distillate and not resin, so… I earned my punishment I guess, lol. It taste like peppery plastic, but it is effective product. Probably won’t be buying PTS again, though.

1 Like

Welcome to the cart game. Mystery in every purchase…

3 Likes

Vaped for a good long while for nicotine, what I found is that your taste buds can go wonky.
I was cooking up my own flavors and what tasted great this week tasted weird the next.
Some of it was from maturation of the flavors but a big part was temporarily blowing out my taste buds. PEG always tasted weird and chemical to me, VG worked fine, other people didn’t mind PEG at all.
Very individual and can change over time.

2 Likes

Usually it’s usable though… this is the only time I’ve ever thought “maybe I’ll give this cart to someone else”. Like I’d rather eat $60 than use it at this point. I’ll save it for a rainy day I guess. Those hard times are gonna taste awful but hey.

1 Like

Live resin are the only ones i will buy anymore. I think the rest taste like ass

3 Likes