X18 Outcrosses (Test Thread)

Hi @buryseeds, I received my package from you… thank you for the re-send…!
I am angry at the customs as the package was opened and the Stardawg x1v x X18 had a cut in it and the fkers had smashed the envelopes to crush the seeds…! I have 2 N-haze x X18 and 4 whitey x X18 - the rest of the seeds were smashed, even the vials are smashed too…

I was really looking forward to running some of your gear too , but I seem to be unlucky in this venture… lol. How many were in each envelope.? It’s legal to have seeds in UK too, so musta been US customs…
Well bud ,I was delighted- ( til i saw the damage lol) -with what you sent, even though they’re smashed it was really good of you,Cheers. I will continue to watch :popcorn:this thread, some nice gear and keep up the good work guys…
Happy growing
Gaz

3 Likes

That’s unbelievably rude of the customs people.
But I’d imagine it was on the UK end because I don’t think outbound packages have to pass customs.

2 Likes

Seeds are legal here @Scissor-Hanz, it goes through New York from Boston, so probably New York customs- fk, it’s just semantics as whoever it was , the end result is the same lol…
I will crack the ones that are left and see how they grow… thanks again for the re-send @buryseeds
Happy growing
Gaz

2 Likes

@Gaz29 you heard my two cents. Bag a dicks. Sorry for the news brother.

Mine a chugging along. No sex showing on these three yet.

Left - center back - right, of the four closest.

2 Likes

Nice @Kalgrae :+1: Which crosses are you doing?
@Gaz29 I feel your pain, man . At least you have a few survivors, so hopefully you can still get some good results/info for Buryseeds.

2 Likes

Thanks bud, suppose these things happen to most people at some point eh…
So are the others females then.? I hope so, not unless you’re looking for a good male.?
Well you have a good evening/day…
Gaz

3 Likes

The lemontree x X18 yellowing in back right is 100% male. Rootbound too. I’m not keeping it around, or at least wasn’t planning on it. There’s nothing to take it’s place yet.

However there is a male hog(hogsbreath) back there that I’m thinking of growing out and starting a little project with. Nothing for sure just ideas.

2 Likes

Cheers @Scissor-Hanz of course I’ll pop what I got un-damaged and do a grow report/review etc for @buryseeds on 2 x Nigerian Haze x X18 , 4 x viable (The) White/y x X18 …
I will tag along with this thread if cool :sunglasses: with you guys… I will pop them as soon as poss…
Happy growing guys…
Gaz

3 Likes

Update, Feb 14th :heart: :
I’m going to ‘top’ mine and upsize-pot to 2gal. Then give them a short veg and switch to 12/12.
@buryseeds
I never though to ask, but I guess I should make sure.
It’s cool to keep clones, right? (for non breeding purposes, obviously). I might like to run them again, if there’s a nice one.

2 Likes

Wow…that’s all I can say. There’s no way that could have happened unless it was done deliberately.

There were 6 seeds in each vial. Sorry to see this has happened :disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

Thanks for asking! But my general rule is, once they’re yours, they’re yours. I think the olden days of people honoring stipulations and cuts coming with rules is over, because no one respects them, especially the newer generation. As breeders / seedmakers / pollen chuckers / pheno hunters / growers, we just have to assume that once we put something “in the wild”, it’s out there for all. Anything we DON’T want shared or worked with, we have to keep it in house. It’s like abstinence being the only 100% form of safe sex :joy:

So take cuts, please, do as you will. No stipulations on my end brother :thumbsup:

7 Likes

Cheers @buryseeds bud ,not your fault at all. thanks again for the beans.! I will germ what is left and keep you updated ( probably on this thread) ok…
Happy growing
Ps. Anything sorted with @LemonadeJoe regarding the auction bro.?
Gaz

2 Likes

I think that was at sorting
all envelopes are sorted (and checked/scanned) in UK via an upright roller system
they go along a conveyer through many rollers applying pressure every time
it can do this sort of damage
I dnt think its deliberate just a cock up :sob:

when they opened seeds I had from holland they put a sticker saying opened at customs on it to seal it back up

2 Likes

Ok guys, I’ve neglected my plants as they have only been under 80w worth of t5 bulbs and in less than 1/2 gallon pots, I am going to repot into 3 gal and 7 gal smart pots in the next couple days as soon as the 7 gal pots I ordered arrive then I will also put them under the LED’s at that time.
As soon as I get that done I will post some updated pics. Like I said, They were kind of neglected with the small pots and low wattage of lights so they are kind of stretchy and not so bushy, as soon as I transplant them and run them under the LED’s I expect them to bounce back !
I just wanted to post something since it has been awhile…:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lemontree x X18 doing pretty well. They’ve got nice color and seem to be airing out a bit. They are with the others, so temps around a nice cool 70-75 and humidity sitting roughly around 50%. For their morning coffe they’ve been getting regular or runoff that’s been collected. No PH’n about here. I think they were suffering a little transplant shock. Mostly an environment shift, not under or overwatered like I originally thought. Nice to see them looking happy.

This one is starting show little sex nubs. Not enough though to tell if she’s a she yet(wishful thinking). Also has the most aroma. Hard for me to describe.

@buryseeds I’m interested in trying the roxbury or any others you’re willing test out. Let me know. I think I follow you in IG, but don’t use it much.

@pookie123 i’ll be yours are going to be fine. Especially once you put them under your LEDs.

5 Likes

Three healthy and growing.
In veg now under 18/6.
Temps pretty consistent around 68-78F.
Humidity, about 50-60%.
No nutrients.
No PH’ing.
Watering with Run-off/Catchment.

Labeled A, B, and C respectively. :scorpion:
They’re tops look funny because of diggin in for macros of sex parts.

(A) is looking like a female to me. Not showing anything yet. So, nothing to take a marco of. :wink:

(B) Looking male to me.

© Looking male too. @buryseeds you recognize any of this?

B & C have both been sitting at 17.5", A is sitting 15" from bottom of the pots the last a few days. Very little stretch vertically, just girth building.

Cheers.

5 Likes

Nice @Kalgrae :+1:
I’d agree some of those pics look like male pre-flower, but it’s too early to guarantee that (for me). Looking bushy too. You must be under LED lamp?

4 Likes

@Kalgrae bud I hope you have at least one Female, both B & C looking like small balls, but today I just found a female which I thought was male.& a male plant i was “convinced” was female .! Best waiting some more to be certain eh, nice looking plants :seedling: too … what is the one top left / above A . Looks similar to the other three.? I’m gonna germ the few Nigerian Haze x X18 and The White x X18 in the next few days,
Happy growing and fingers crossed :crossed_fingers: for a birch or two … Anyway good luck :four_leaf_clover:
Gaz

4 Likes

@Kalgrae yep those are gonna go boy on you :cry:

As far as the auction is concerned, right now my issue is I obviously don’t have the best completion record sending international :joy:. I have no problems sending out for any US-based winners or recipients. But I would hate to have someone auction out their hard earned money and then have a problem receiving their prize in like, say, the EU for example.

2 Likes

@Kalgrae @Gaz29 I don’t mind getting some more testers out to you, just let me know which ones you want. I got some extra special envelopes this past weekend, so this will be a good chance to test them out…shoot me a DM :thumbsup:

2 Likes