You want some skunk?

I can’t express enough how excited i am for this run right here and how grateful i am for @Josh_Blue letting me test this line out for him. We’ve been talking back and forth for a little bit about this line and he has some very high hopes that the rks terps are in these seeds. I’m sure he’ll chime in with a little information about what’s going on with these if anyone has questions.

From what I’ve been told, he’s been working this line and finding the perfect parents for 7-8 years. When i say this man puts in the work for everyone to have amazing genetics, i mean it from the heart. I can’t say enough kind words about Josh and how much he loves this plant.

45 Likes

Fuck yeah! I’ll be watching this one closely!

4 Likes

I’m in for this, ABSOLUTELY…

4 Likes

Ive never had much luck with anything blue star puts out. And those ancestral skunks from todd had no skunk in them from my experience and a few other people i know who ran them. Maybe, he popped enough and got lucky and found some skunk terps. I doubt it. That being said. Best of luck to you on these. I hope they throw some skunk out for you. I will be watching.

7 Likes

Guy DOES work his lines :sunglasses:

And let me say, he was the mysterious pollen donor in dankwolf’s thread. Dank pulled ridiculous plants out of the pollen crosses and beans. That was many years ago already.

This gonna be a good one :+1:

7 Likes

I’m in, I hope someone finds rks!

4 Likes

No luck with any of Josh’s work? That’s a first. Everything I’ve ran of his has a keeper in 10 seeds.
Glazed berries
Blue grease
Grape diesel kush
Blue Star bx
Mayberry
Blueberry lemon shake-up
Blunicorn x blue star

10 Likes

Pretty damn excited for this run!

3 Likes

@Josh_Blue who is the ancestral skunk from?

3 Likes

Right there with you! The information i got, the male he used was straight skunk and the female wasn’t far behind

4 Likes

Giving you good vibes,Hope you find the most revolting dead skunks asshole festering on the highway in 120 degree Full sun.I grew out Sebrings Ancestral and all i got was fruity armpit funk Citrusy somekind of berry ish type of smoke that was Meh.

9 Likes

I hope i can find “The One” as well. Josh puts in the work, so i don’t think I’ll find any fruit terps :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers: @CapnCannabis

6 Likes

Todd mcCormick called his skunk line ancestral skunk. They werent bad plants at all. We just never found any actually skunk smells in them. More of the fruity skunk #1 type plants.

3 Likes

The Ancestral skunk were sourced from Breeders Retail, aka Chimera. Open field pollination where Sam the skunk man and RC Clark walked the field only culling off plants in the late 80s in USA before taking them to Europe where Sam further refined the sk1 line to the sweet skunk side. The rks or stinky skunks were left in the project. Along with every other pheno, thousands… That said, there were lots of hay, intersex, and unique character plants in between.

The anticipated germ rates were around 10%. We sprouted around 15%, but only about 6% made it passed the seedling stage. In the beginning years, a rks quality male was found and bred to its sibling female. A mild putrid skunk leaner. The offspring weren’t to my satisfaction and I culled the project. Several outcrosses were made and had some decent results but not still what I was after. This is the male pollen and seed stock that I shared with dank wolf for some of his projects.

The current project that cyrgrow has is the new rks male we hunted with my partners at michigrown. They dropped the last 750 there. Thats where we found the skunk female that only showed her true colors on the clone grow. Last time I regretted not making male s1 to capture the rks pheno in pure form. To be honest, I didn’t know it was possible at the time I made the first skunk crosses. It didn’t escape me this time. Now we have male/female next filial gens, and male s1 from the rks male. I also made a few outcrosses to try. Blue Star, chem d, and early pearl. All 3 carry skunk terps strongly in there lineage.

1st 2 pics are the as female, 2nd pic her seeded up, 3rd pic is the male seeded up with rks male s1 seed.

38 Likes

Awesome. You have some fire in there @Cyr_grow Gonna take a seat for this one. Fingers crossed for a great show @Josh_Blue

3 Likes

Same batch that todds seeds came from?

2 Likes

I have no idea. I don’t know Todd. I got these straight from chimera. Chimera partnered with Sam to release them.

5 Likes

Thanks for responding

3 Likes

Right on! Sounds like You did it right and put in the work brother…thanks for sharing a piece your passion with us.

Photos are beautiful…

positive vibes, happiness and healthiness to you and yours

2 Likes

Good luck but you ain’t going to find rks. I really wish people would just stop with the whole skunk thing…it’s gone and ain’t coming back. I respect josh and chimera, but ain’t happening. I just wouldn’t get overly excited, especially if their from Sam who states a million times he made it sweet. Why call it skunk, I’ve never understood that one? Other than to deceive people buying seeds thinking there’s some funk in em, but in actuality there’s candy floral smells.

6 Likes