Young leaves yellowing - HELP

LED light, soil PH 6.5, RH 30, 4 weeks old girls.

New leaves started yellowing. Any suggestions?

4 Likes

They just look hungry. Feed them a slightly higher dose of nutrients :+1:

5 Likes

Thanks mate! You are probably right, I was careful with nutes after repotting

3 Likes

Your welcome and good luck.

1 Like

Esrgood4u is right with any plant to much water they will yellow from the bottom and not enuff water they will yellow from the top

6 Likes

So, you think its not enough water and a little bit hungry?

1 Like

Shove your finger down in the side of the pot and see how dried it is down there

2 Likes

From the picture it looks pretty dry. But that can be misleading just looking at the top of the dirt

2 Likes

It’s hungry. It’s yellowing because it’s lacking in nutrients. Needs more nitrogen.

3 Likes

PH of 6.5 is a little high for soil IMO, try 6.1 and more feed. What are you feeding them? What soil are they in?

3 Likes

Young leaf deficiencies are always micronutrients. If they have enough of the major nutrients, it is unlikely in soil that you are missing any micronutrients. This leaves us with either a PH issue, watering, or something is leaching into your water or root zone blocking absorption of other elements.

If you double check your watering schedule and take cues from the plant, not a chart. Then double check your PH and make sure that for soil you are in the right range. If both of those do not fix it then you have a different cause.

I recently had a similar issue but in hydro.

I spent nearly a year trying to figure it out while it just got worse each cycle no matter what I did. During veg they would get yellow tips but once they got larger this went away. This time though they just stopped growing and so it reached crisis point.

I figured out copper was leaching from brass fittings into my nute solution and blocking absorption or either iron or sulphur. So I replaced them with new ones.

Now, two days later, they are showing signs of recovery with green shoots.

So if changing your watering schedule does not work, and your PH is right, and they are recently repotted so they have the nutrients there, but they still show a def, then check for contamination from metals leaching into your water somehow. Possibly a storage tank, old pipe fittings, or a pump. Anything metal and not new that could touch your water. It’s not impossible that it could be your water pipes.

3 Likes

Small update, the new brass fittings caused the same issue. After I replaced them all with plastic ones, the problems went for good.

1 Like