You've Got To Know When To Grow 'Em (A First Timers Journal)

It takes me 3 days of checking on/off cycles before I can settle in to a run.

4 Likes

So I shouldnā€™t automatically shoot for 18/6 for lights?

2 Likes

For veg thatā€™s right.

18/6 is what most people use. I do 16/8 because Iā€™m a contrarian. Some do 24/0. Itā€™s up to you.

5 Likes

Well hello there girl. Youā€™re looking pretty fine if I do say so myself. :joy:

20 Likes

Hell yeah dude!

3 Likes

I know what Iā€™m doing after dinner!

4 Likes

Great pick on the seeds I have heard a ton of good things about them and yes bugs are for sure possible inside gnats mites and many other creepy crawlers but itā€™s ok for every problem thereā€™s a solution and an opportunity to learn you have made your first right move joining OG you will love it here the best group of growers on the web I will be following along

6 Likes

Agree I think that the short flower time will really be in your favor. Jelly ranchers supposedly finish in 45

3 Likes

Here we go!! And awesome, I finally get to use my Dirty Heads mug for something. :laughing:. I put the cup in a closet on the floor with a paper towel over it in a cup of room temperature water I had sit out for a few hours. So far so good?

10 Likes

I usually go direct to paper towel but looks good.

2 Likes

For the remaining seeds, is there a particular way I should store them until I use them next time?

4 Likes

re-seal the tube. keep in a dark cool place, i know some people put theirs in a tin in the fridge. peopleā€™s preferences vary but dark and cool is safe.

4 Likes

Best long-term storage is inside something airtight (centrifuge vial, ziploc) in a jar with a desiccant (rice, silica) and plop that in the fridge or coolest, darkest place you have.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve had long term success in a mason jar in the basement. Almost 20 years.

5 Likes

Seems like the important part of storage is consistency. Colder is good, but cool and consistent is all you need to keep seeds for a while.

3 Likes

Agreed. Cool, dark, stable. I was pretty shocked to get such good germ rates but there it is.

4 Likes

Thanks for the advice on storing seeds!

2 Likes

Godspeed little beans and as was hinted at thereā€™s a bunch of ways to germ I use a heat mat and swear by it a lot of people donā€™t but I would suggest reading something on dampening off just as a precaution these are precious little beans so lol I killed so many in the past

4 Likes

Iā€™m so impatient right now lol I can just hear my dad in the background from growing up, ā€œpatience is a virtue Stevenā€. :joy:

3 Likes

If everyone happens to be asleep when they go in the soil I should ask nowā€¦is there a specific height the lights needs to be yet, and also should I start the 18/6 light cycle Iā€™m going to do for veg right when they go in?

3 Likes