Coronavirus Facts and Fiction - January - May 2020 [Closed]

Luckily those are not quick test kits… Our rate 6,000 per day (that we finally reached past few days) is actual PCR tests… So the real one done in lab when identifying RNA.

But you are right, what China sold us was probably a garbage… just part of their propaganda that they are “saving” the world. :joy:

Absolutely! More about it in great documentary from Japan:

2 Likes

I’ve asked for the source data from the external forum if they are able to share it. Will report back if I can get it.

1 Like

More Czech data:

Red bars: absolute number of infected.
Black line: percentual daily change

We’ve been able to get daily increase down under 10% in past few days (probably effect of lockdown and masks). I hope it stays that way…

Government is already discussing relief of lockdown in second half of May. We’ll see if this is not too hasty… But people need to see light at the end of the tunnel… It is also psychological thing… Our economy is going downward.

13 Likes

More on this chart :

The Dr that made this chart’s name is Dr. Maria Danilychev, M.D. She is a Reikie Dr.

How this Reikie Dr, a reputable source for this pandemic?

Says right on it : (Visual aid, not for statistical purposes)

K.

3 Likes

When did you start with lockdown and masks?

2 Likes

Brief timeline in Czechia

10.3. Border controls
10.3. Closing of schools
10.3. Events with 100+ persons forbidden
12.3. State of emergency announced
13.3. Borders closed
16.3. Lockdown, closed shops excl. pharmacies, food stores
18.3. Obligatory masks in public places

Lockdown is not nearly that strict as in Italy. We can go to work, or out to do sports, but should gather only in groups of maximum two people (or family with children). Delivery services are working at their max capacity. Supply of everything is sufficient (we only got problems with lack of masks and disinfection gels).

Btw I’m still talking about masks, but in Czech context these are not FFP or surgical masks… We have cotton cloth (pure DIY … whole republic was sewing them :smiley: because professional ones went to medical services)… What is the right term? Cloak?

13 Likes

Thanks for the timeline. Very good action compared to others in the EU! And it shows. I had not looked into CZ data before, I only heard about the obligation to wear masks a while back. Looks like the spread was really slowed down a lot compared to others.

Of course it also depends on test coverage and other things, it varies a lot between countries.

3 Likes

Czechia seems to be doing a solid job. I love that the goverment has made it mandatory to wear face coverings.

8 Likes

LOL, coming from the guy who posted the “critical thinking” video.

FWIW, go find the source data. I’ve posted all the information linking to the data you’d need to refute the chart.

5 Likes

And nobody has an eye to bat at the “exercise” that took place about this exact event? That took place in October …

K.

2 Likes

Sure…I’ll sit in fear over a Reikie experts opinion instead…

It’s data on a chart, where is the “opinion”. Refute it all you want but let’s see your work.

Not optimal but certainly better than nothing, I’d say. Sourcing that PPE around the world has been difficult. There have been some of the cotton masks around Boston too, I hear.

Her info is from the WHO…

And the WHO has a major conflict of interest when it comes to info on the virus…

K.

2 Likes

It’s from the CDC. And is reflected in the John Hopkins dataset.

You’re definitely right about the WHO, though.

3 Likes

You are correct… My mistake…

K.

1 Like

Here was the source for the Czech information (as received from the external forum):

I don’t understand a thing being said in Czech, though. :thinking: Help?

3 Likes

Here’s the thing about the death numbers they are using to spread fear. You could go eat a bullet and if your corpse has Corona virus present you’re listed as a Corona death. It’s all a sham to create fear. The Swiss are the only smart ones on the planet. There is evidence this citrus virus was manipulated by man. The Chinese knew what they were doing when they released it and said nothing until it was all over the globe. They are already opening up their factories again, this will put them on top of the pile as far as economic powers now. They destroyed the world economy because they were getting hammered with trade deals. The us was first and others were following.

4 Likes

Ironic that they were involved with this…

K.

1 Like

Canadian Epidemiological Summary; they are always a few days behind.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/health-professionals/epidemiological-summary-covid-19-cases.html

3 Likes