Coronavirus Facts and Fiction - January - May 2020 [Closed]

Well the data is questionable since there was no testing in many of those heart patients or the others to eliminate the new virus or it’s complications perhaps?

Guy from guru3d was amusing with his ‘human malware’ but not much else about this is funny.

6 Likes

17 Likes

we have been told here that if it is unchecked it doubles in a week
you will have half a million next week 1 million the following week etc.

14 Likes

Almost… Really most people showing this week were infected the week isolation started seemingly everywhere… It’s pretty much 3 weeks from contact to real numbers appearing…

5 Likes

antivirus_n

18 Likes

That chart looks like bull shit to me… No way that virus killed more people than accidents etc.

Especially when everyone is locked down…

On a side note…Did you know WHO gets financial backing from Bill Gates?

Gates is in line to make a shit tonne of money off this… NOBODY is looking at this? Everybody is sopping up what the mainstream media is saying about it…And they get caught doing shit like selling a story of how bad it’s gotten?

Just asked a family friend who works at the local hospital, and asked her if there was ANY signs of Corono there…She said she can not talk about it, she signed a contract to not speak about it…Why would they have to sign a contract about this???

Good luck with your research people…

K.

5 Likes

Patient privacy. Nothing new.

Nurses and doctors can never share patient info

3 Likes

She said she was not allowed to talk about Corona specifically, not about anything else…I know she’s not allowed to regarding privacy etc…But don’t think those professionals don’t talk man. Especially this girl.

K.

2 Likes

Those people in the vida are braindead.

You think covid patients with difficulty breathing are sitting in emerg waiting??
Holy hell people

3 Likes

I am in the heart of the outbreak here in NY
Believe me people in Canada will see those numbers grow very quickly
It went nuts here in the last few days and more to come, we started out just like the numbers your Country has been seeing.
SOCIAL DISTANCE and stay indoors.
Really this shit is not a Joke I have never seen any cold spread like this in my lifetime.

My Cousin is the Head of Blood works in a very large hospital he can not talk about it
But he was crying too

10 Likes

Yep sure looks like a very effective way to protect yourself…

Regardless…Those hospitals are looking pretty quiet for such a crazy virus. These are the incidents that have people worried about the hospitals being over run. I am only posting what others there are doing…Kind of hard to look at those vids, and think there is a huge epidemic happening in there.

K.

1 Like

Dig in, hunker down and stay safe Stiggy!
We need ya.
Yeah, the shit storm hasn’t really started here yet.

Cheers
G

7 Likes

Thanks Brother , Glad most here saw the light early and started getting things ready in time
My wife sure is glad I was all set for yrs for mankind to screw up.
I never thought it would be a virus,
I will keep you advised as to when we peak the curve and are on downward slope.
I was not much on prayer but lately Me and God are like this

8 Likes

Latest via Zerohedge (4/2):

• Spain deaths pass 10k
  • Global cases near 1 million mark
  • Infection in New Delhi slum sparks fears of mass breakout
  • PM Abe mocked for handing out ‘two masks’ to every Japanese household
  • British health official says “everybody is frustrated” about test shortage
  • UK’s Johnson says lockdown likely to last beyond April 15
  • NYC Mayor tells New Yorkers to weak masks in public
  • Half the world on lockdown, AFP reports
  • World hits 50k COVID-19 deaths
  • Italy cases, deaths continue to level off
  • France reports drop in new cases
  • UN climate summit canceled
  • Singapore reports 49 new cases
  • London’s Francis Crick institute develops rapid test
  • France tells battered women to go use secret code word at pharmacies to report abuse
  • NY nears 100k cases, reports ~400 more deaths
  • Another Princess Cruises ship has confirmed COVID-19 cases aboard
  • Pence says US facing similar trajectory to Italy
  • Tokyo reports record 97 cases in a day
  • UN projects global economy will contract 1% in 2020
  • Putin extends Russian shutdown
  • Philippines’ ambassador to Lebanon dies of COVID-19

Confirmed: 1,014,673 Deceased: 52,973 Recovered: 210,335

6 Likes

The truth is that nobody can know for sure what strategy against the virus is the best. Mitigation or letting it spread to create herd immunity.

So far only Sweden is doing the latter… It will be interesting to watch the results in about two months from now.

Also I’ve heard from czech epidemiologist that there is (not confirmed) possibility that the virus is spreading in silence to many more people that actually don’t have any symptoms (only minor signs of sore throat or cold that come off in few days). This number could be expected 10x higher than current numbers of positively tested patients. Those people don’t have any health issues so they don’t seek the testing. And currently there is a shortage of tests so there are no scientific studies done with average population. It will be also interesting to hear about findings in this area.

14 Likes

That is concerning to me. Countries have reported a large number of those having negative outcomes is due to not receiving timely health care or having been triaged away (overwhelmed).

Here is what I have heard reported from a different forum on the Czech Republic numbers:

I have received relatively reliable numbers from the Czech Republic today. Czech Republic closed borders early and it has almost zero foreigners in the mix.

43,000 citizens were tested because they were not sure if they were infected or not

Out of those 3,000 were discovered to have Corona virus.

Out of 3,000 infected 23 people have died already.

30% of infected patients had no symptoms whatsoever, no temperature, no running nose, no confusion, no cough
55% of infected had very mild symptoms (running nose, no temperature, sore throat), no temperature, random cough
15% of infected had severe symptoms with temperature, severe cough

In their model they predict that in a general populations the numbers may become 10 times bigger. This sample was covering only people who came for the testing on their own.

Czech government issued an order to wear masks on public because nobody can be sure if they have it already or not. So far their death rates and infection rates are very low compared to Germany, Austria and other EU countries.

8 Likes

We have now open data thanks to Ministry of Health: https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=cs&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fonemocneni-aktualne.mzcr.cz%2Fcovid-19

Those numbers are currently 60,990 tested / 3,805 infected and 67 died as of April 2nd.

I’m not sure where are these stats from because official data don’t go into such details. Personally I’d doubt that anybody would go voluntarily to stand in line with many infected people just to hear that he is negative… 30% seems exaggerated to me…

Also we are currently running only about 6,000 tests per day (10 Million total population) so officials are explicitly recommending against seeking the testing without any actual symptoms. But I can’t rule out that people just have their own head …

That has something to do mainly with fear that our health care system is not that much developed as in neighbouring countries - Austria or Germany. I mean we do have many of the best scientists in the world (one of them is doing the research of Remdesivir at Gilead) but there are not many free beds in intensive care units. The more government fears the collapse of medical care the more drastic approach they need to choose.

5 Likes

So far the numbers of confirmed cases and deaths are similar to Italy 3.5 weeks ago. The ratio indicates they don’t test enough. They will have the first 1000 deaths in less than a week. They will get to lockdowns too, eventually. They are just repeating everyone’s errors and don’t do it as soon as possible.

4 Likes

Could be, idk. It’s not clear and the stats continue to develop. And, it’s also not certain where those test kits came from. The last report I’d seen was showing kits received from China had a 30% accuracy. Not certain on the accuracy of the WHO kits.

I’ve seen estimates ranging from 3% to the aforementioned 30% as being asymptomatic. [1][2][3][4] …

I think the mask wearing behavior as being a very positive one and will hopefully mitigate the spread.

4 Likes