10 yrs old seeds TGA space queen

please. and 20somecharacters

3 Likes

I use USA Priority (2-3 day) mail (flat rate small box is $7.65usd). I would not use them in a plain envelope,; as you saidā€¦to thick. But a padded small envelope should work imo.

5 Likes

Just saying someone knows where another pack is I got 20 on it if itā€™s f2d for everyone

4 Likes

They make sense for high value seeds that you want to track. Though the flair makes them too thick for standard postage.

2 Likes

This what I use to store and ship my beans , I also use the old school method of a cd too.
Pacific seed bank has space queen . Ive read bad things about them thoughā€¦

5 Likes

Iā€™m all for it man. I canā€™t imagine making this particular mistake again, but are others to be made, and Iā€™d rather avoid those if possible.

7 Likes

You could try the old way, cutting a little square of cardboard and stuffing seeds in between the corrugated pieces. @Baudelaire sends them in coin holders in regular envelopes. You canā€™t beat that postage price.

I usually use a padded envelope and slap 7 stamps on it, seeds in Eppendorf vials a la @Hugh_Glass. Then I just put it in my mailbox or a blue bin. I prefer the Eppendorf vials because they are guaranteed to be inert for long term seed storage. Who knows whatā€™s in off-brand plastic, off-gassing is a possibility and I store seeds in those for years.

You can probably get away with less stamps but when I go to Post Office the padded envelope usually is about $3 in postage so I put an extra stamp on to be safe and to support the Post Office. Saves me a lot of Post Office trips, even if Iā€™m overpaying a bit for postage. Always arrives safe.

That being said, I have had seeds I sent in unprotected envelopes crushed more than once, I apparently didnā€™t learn the first time haha. You arenā€™t the only one is my point lol, donā€™t feel too bad.

8 Likes

I have been using green and blue drywall anchors with the edges trimmed off and a thin bubble pack and get well soon card.

Also just popped 3/3 on some mid 70ā€™s seeds. Baby jar in fridge. Farm mix should be interesting.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve received packages like this but the differ was it was plastic and in a envelope. Needless to say 1/4 of them where either crushed or cracked. It would prob work ok if you use a bubble envy like you suggest but it doesnā€™t work without it.

Many yrs ago I used to work on the machines that process USPS mail. And yeah, the machines can be ruff at times but honestly itā€™s the personal that causes most of the damage I saw.

Either way a little protection never hurt, lol!

4 Likes

Best packaging I saw was a little pricey but worth it, a pair of mouse pads with the seeds in between a little tape to hold them in place and all was golden.

5 Likes

Super cool , Is there an update on this project ?

1 Like