10year old pollen test

You see, I could tell from the start you sit on a wealth of information. :wink: The anti-feminized seeds people should read this twice.

1 Like

i have some c99 pollen in my freezer from maybe 6 months ago, havenā€™t tried using it yetā€¦ i was following this guide, although i didnā€™t use the kief box to separate the pollen from all the plant matter (i did it by hand, prob not as effective). this guy stores single servings in the freezer and said heā€™s stored up to a year.

4 Likes

I have never sifted the pollen and tried this, but you can bet your ass I will.
:wink:

3 Likes

Never tried past a year.

I have some Jacked Up pollen that is just over a year now.

No plans for it yet. I guess I could hang on and see if it viable next winter??

Interestingā€¦

4 Likes

Peter Jennings was the host, and it is uploaded on youtube now a days.

It was the first special I ever saw on the topic, and why I choose P Jennings as my screen name after seeing it.

6 Likes

I remember that special, I remember being amazed at how much money was made off selling confiscated items.

2 Likes

Ok, today I remembered my little brush so I pulled a plant out and covered the main cola with a plastic bag. I sprayed the whole plant with water than removed the bag. The pollen looked more orange than yellow. I was a bit disappointed when I saw the color. I dipped the brush in the pollen and gently painted the pistols. I replaced the bag and resprayed the plant again to avoid pollination except the top. If I go tomorrow I will look but We will know for sure Monday.

8 Likes

I understand, I just wanted to state how I feel.

It is still interesting to see how this 10 year old pollen works.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hola Gang

I think it is important the way you store
the polen.
I collect alot of polen tru the yrs and
I place it in small paper envelop then label it
then place it in a small plastic bag. All
those bag are going in a small metal can
with a dessifiquant .
the oldest polen I use was 2+yrs old and it
work great.
I would say if you are going to preserve
polen for a long time please donā€™t add
anything to it.
some people add flour to make it last
longer it is ok but only just before polination
but donā€™t add it to the polen for a long run
because organic matters tend to rot over
time

Bare

6 Likes

The trick if using flour is to dehydrate it first. I only use flour if I have a very small amount of pollen and only add it when I am going to use it.

3 Likes

Exactly, epigenetics are the reason you try to never have anything stress your mother plants. I personally do not want to even let them know time is passing so I avoid giving them night and they exist in the same long day and stay in their youth.

1 Like

So you are implying that human and plant genetics are similar?

That a 3 month life span vs 70 years average human life span is comparable when speaking about genetics?

1 Like

Genetics are genetics. And although they are very different, epigenetics also impacts plants.

I have a 4 year old cut that I have given to people that have stressed them, hermed them in flower almost killed them and revegged and I asked for them back to stabilize and regrow. I see no difference in clones or offspring after all of that. ( In dry weight close to a 500 lbs of flower and at least 40 harvests )

I could fathom a genetic difference on a 10 year old male but not a 3 month old male thatā€™s pollen was saved 10 years.

3 Likes

I mentioned epigenetics in response to my comment that a friend affected his plant and people saying the DNA could not change as an explanation for how the plant can change expression without changing the DNA. Some strains have different genes to others. I am sure you know this. Some plants hermie more often, some do not reveg as easily, some never flower as well again once they have flowered once, others do.

How the plant reacts to the environment depends on the plant.

One cut is not data, it is a lucky cut.

Please note, as should be obvious from my posts, that I am not claiming that epigenetics can affect the pollen. Re-read my posts and you will see this.

I have had the cut that I am talking about over 15 years old by the way. My friend had it a good 5 years before that. Many many things can happen in 20 yearsā€¦

My point about pollen, which I have already explained is that everywhere has background radiation. Even low amounts of radiation over enough time can affect DNA. Dosing pollen with radiation is a well established method of inducing mutations.

For further reading on mutations in pollen caused by radiation, and to confirm for yourself that it does

RĆ©dei & Koncz, 1992
Clark et al., 1993
Vizir et al., 1994
Bruggemann et al., 1996
Vizir & Mulligan, 1999

Why is this under discussion any more? All I said was that I would be interested to see if any germination happened and if it did, whether the plants were healthy, then the ā€˜pollen is inviolateā€™ crowd have dogpiled me it feels like.

I know what I am saying is valid, if you do not then read the list above, then you will too.