A big bears grows and tribulations

5 weeks and here male isn’t even flowering yet.

Yeah I want to see what f2 and f3 look like and do some selecting. A lot of people like the lemon/pine scent in diesels but I do not, so I’m going to try to get rid of it and aim for the sulfur burnt rubber terpes. In also looking to get a bit more of the dark leaf and red/purpling

2 Likes

Ahh yeah dude I know that smell, so good it will burn your nose hairs lol

1 Like

A possible out/incross to sour diesel. With a few backcrosses is in the plans but I’ve got to run a few versions to decide on. In the running is Dr greenthumb ecsd, cali connection sour d fem, cali connection sour d regular, and a few versions of sssdh. I’m not worried about herm issues with the fems because that can be worked out in a couple generations

1 Like

:+1: two likes for you… Diesels are awesome, two of my childhood favorites was Sour D and the Original Skunk. Id love to see what you make of your strain… How long does it take to get your breeding where your happy with it?

1 Like

I know I’m chatty tonight but I’m also thinking that I may have to actually make my own sour d to cross with it. This strain will take a few years I’m afraid unless I can expand beyond my legal plant limit.
Here’s hoping Nevada has small scale licencing in 2018!

2 Likes

Hey man I agree, you put so much into this it would only make sense to seek out the traits and genetics in the sour d as well. gone fishing

1 Like

If I can pull off 25 plants I think I can Have it done by 2020 but I should be able to have solid genetics to give away. For testing by summer 2018 depending on uniformity.

5 Likes

It really is a labor of love. Nice to know people like you and other breeders take the time to do it right!

Im excited to try them out already… So when the testers are ready pretty please keep me in mind.

1 Like

Yes! That’s why I came to overgrow!
The other website I hung out on are by and large against building on existing strains.
Normally I’d ask permission out of courtesy but the breeder of chem 91#12 is notoriously abusive to his customers in general, to the point of violence as I’ve heard… I don’t like bullies, and since that person likes to charge horrendous prices, I’ve decided to johnny appleseed his genetics to friends and relatives for free! I may sell my crossed version at some point but the original 91#12 line will be freed back to the people

7 Likes

good to know, i won’t feel bad making some seeds myself :smiley: greenpoint seeds has some good sales right now copper chem is $100 off

2 Likes

I like gu~ over at greenpoint. He has a great stardawg male and crosses it to clone onlies so regular dudes like you and me can get the genetics consigned to the “elites”.
His prices have gotton high though.
If you read the description on copper chem he clearly states its a strain meant for breeding.
I’ve got to get over my chem obsession!

3 Likes

yeah i got 25 stardawg seeds to go thru hopefully find something nice. there’s so many packs for $17 right now on greenpoint i really shouldnt buy any seeds right now tho lol

2 Likes

This is an early incarnation of my space bucket project. Works well for keeping clones or moms I’ve got 35 and 45 gallon tubs running now but these are old pics.

12 Likes

I have access to the 55 gallons, a really unlimited amount… Got me thinking over here :thinking:

1 Like

The trick is getting em out to work on them. I’m using an old hippy looking plant hammock/hanger which pulls the branches in, so you can lift em out.
If you put hooks on the side the plant can be lifted up and suspended.

That sounds like using your head… How often do you take them out…every water or do you water inside

1 Like

I’m working on rigging up a system using an automatic dog water dish but I do like to take them out and check for issues biweekly.

I’d like to do how to threads on my diy cobs and buckets but, a lot of its red neck engineering and I don’t want anybody to get electrocuted LOL, (if that’s offensive, I am half red neck ; ). I have started a fire or three in my day.
Rule number one, electric devices and wires ABOVE water!!!

3 Likes

Well im with ya on the Red Neck, I’m half bred too lol…

I’d like to see how you rigged it, maybe you could just point out where you should of taken a further step in safety.

2 Likes

Born and bred in Southern Texas. I was deeply entrenched with redneck wisdom. What do you call a redneck with all their teeth? A young’un.

2 Likes