Any guitarists here ? I’m a jam band guy myself

I think that’s what I need

1 Like

Oh that had to hurt. That’s the type of business where you generally don’t get into unless it’s your passion too. Two birds with one stone on her part though I guess.

1 Like

The Pignose is my favorite mini amp. Mini amps are kinda hit or miss.

With the iRig you get more options, great for screwing around. If you didn’t have any better way to record it wouldn’t be too bad.

I ran it for one real easy gig at a church. I did not like running it live. But I’m also not a big FX guy.

4 Likes

Not sure why I didn’t see this beautiful Languedoc until now but :exploding_head::heart_eyes::exploding_head::heart_eyes::exploding_head: Amazing you’ve had it for almost 20 years. How’s the tone on that beauty?

I’ve had a solid black Les Paul studio since high school in the 90s that’s desperately in need of an overhaul/refurbish.

She screwed him was the oldest music store in Oakland
California as well,took the kid and split
To newyork to live with her rich family,now my mate has stage 5 cancer he’s fuxked

Might as well mention it since I’m posting in here anyway. I finally got around to a project I’ve been both excited about and dreading. A few years ago I got pretty into fingerstyle guitar (where you play the bassline, riff, vocals, and drum on an acoustic). I subscribed to a site where the guy does beautiful fingerstyle arrangements, but he has static tabs. Guitar pro spoiled me with scrolling tabs so I manually entered note for note maybe 50+ songs off his site so I could have them in this format. Then I dropped my laptop and fried the hard drive and lost all of them, more hours of work than I can even guess at.

I joined up again last month and am up to almost 20 songs already entered. He’s added a bunch since then so this will be ongoing lol

4 Likes

@Slick1

I love that style of guitar playing. Your real identity isn’t Tommy Emmanuel is it?

1 Like

I wish! That dude is a true master.

Fingerstyle stuff throws really weird chord shapes at you at time and to be able to play it so fluently and quickly change positions is insane.

1 Like

So, Ive been avoiding this thread to minimize my online away from wife kids and family time, lol.

I play a little guitar at home. Play drums in a local hobby band. Love building/set up/repairing guitars and tube amps
My current love is my self made LP style solid body and a 57 tweed deluxe circuit.

Ive got to run to keep from hidin!

4 Likes

Ha, thats exactly what I think T.E. would say to a total stranger on some obscure website!

2 Likes

Shit the gig is up! :smile:

All my shit is modern except my Marshall Guv’nor (and that’s 1990 so modern enough) and my fuzz pedal can nail some nice vintage sounds. That tweed deluxe must sound amazing. I would love a vintage rig cause I play a lot of stuff from bands that are basically Sabbath worshippers but I play too much distortion stuff too. I have a pretty decent balance in my gear now, but a 57 tweed deluxe… :drooling_face:

4 Likes

Oh, its a copy, not original. It gets pretty hairy with humbuckers. Great home amp if you can crank it. Some use them to play out. Maybe w single coils perhaps? I dont feel theres enough headroom to get through a gig. Could always mic it too i suppose.

2 Likes

Had a Gibson Les Paul 60’s tribute had P90’s

4 Likes

I just cut 3 bodies for future builds. Surely one will have p90s!!! I have a set of wizz paf for another. The third, well, who knows by the time Ill get to it

2 Likes

I’d love a goldtop with P90s like Mike Ness has.

2 Likes

My first guitar my wife bought it…got sore fingers and out it under the bed for a year :rofl: sold it wish I had of kept it

What the thing with gold top guitars people love them do they sound better than normal guitars

5 Likes

I have an old Korean Epiphone Les Paul with p90’s. I tore it down to upgrade to better p90’s. But never have got it back together to my liking.

2 Likes

You mean like this one?

Yes shes real and i had the trussrod cover made with her name.

7 Likes

The P90s are the sound, goldtop is just cool looking and has become an icon.

That’s sexy!

So a few posts up I wrote about how I lost all the fingerstyle tabs I worked so hard on when my hard drive failed a few years back. I guess the universe said hold my beer because my fucking hard drive just went on my laptop. Unfucking real what are the odds? Luckily I have this old desktop so I can get online but what the hell man. I think I’m in shock.

2 Likes

Don’t know if you guys have seen this, but it’s pretty kick-ass. :slight_smile:
:guitar:

2 Likes