Attic growing with V (CLOSED)

Found two GG4 seeds in my bag. I germed them and the last girl scout cookie seed I had. Maybe a cross on the way…pure bag seed.

1 Like

I have this Russian friend who told me about his first time smoking cannabis. He grew up on the black sea. But, Southern Russia stretched further south during the reign of the USSR. Countrys like Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan were occupied. During this time strains from those areas started to be grown in the western boot of Russia. And this was bred into a local variety known to make you WANT to fly. Almost suicidal, but a clear free feeling that made you lose track of time aswell. I’ve asked him to acquire these seeds for me as he visits Russia at least once a year. I won’t get my hopes up but still a piece of history preserved and interesting background. Very euphoric.

5 Likes

Sorry about the lack of posting lately. Christmas season is here and all kinds of Shit is going on.

Anywho, took 25 clones today. Three hours and cutting and scraping and dipping. The Zamaldelica mother is looking less like a beach ball.

5 Likes

Sharing is caring so I brought my buddy a few clones. Then he shows me the 1000w HPS setup. Had to post,he has way too much paranoia to use og.com. Hes just ordered his first seeds he got purple moby Dick, white widow, purple haze. These are bag seed that Hes growing.

9 Likes

I’m got to take three pics only.

I gave him 6 sweetooth auto seeds to test out for me.

1 Like

Cheese male sacs still haven’t opened. Any day now. Bloom time :cherry_blossom:

6 Likes
  MERRY CHRISTMAS  OVERGROWERS 

8 Likes

I have kept an eye on this thread to see if you would provide info that would enable me to make more educated assessment of moisture risks regarding your attic grow.

dose the warm&moist air have path to the roof shown in pic at start of this thread? Are there cool/ cold months where you live? What is the structure (different layers) of your roof?

You did mention that you intend to have high ventilation ( in at one end and out at other) … I fear this might not be enough.

IF warm and moist air has path …
AND outside temperatures get cool or cold (the colder it gets, the bigger the risk gets)…
THEN there is a big risk that moisture will condensate to some point within your roof … depending on structure and layers of roof.

I fear you might create sweet sweet home for undesired guest like blackmold etc. … if I am mistaken - wonderful!! … It is just a feeling I got from reading this … and I am a person to see risks in shadows … I wish you would invest extra effort and do due diligence double check on this aspect of your grow space.

Happy and safe growing with seasonal greetings to you and readers alike!!

2 Likes

I normally don’t grow inside. And after I have my license I will abandon the attic and use a spare room for vegging and the flowering ones will be outside. Autos all the way. With that said. This grow is to learn about autos and breed them with non autos to make full autos with non autos and to grow some nice mother plants. The house I have is 130 years old. And the notty pine that was used to build this house came from clearing the land to build the house. The walls on this house are notty pine. Not dry wall. Its like growing in a dry wooden box. I use a wood burning stove on main level and heat dissipates nicely into the attic. Only burning wood when its below 30 degrees. This morning it was 15 degrees. The Relative Humidity is always at 30%. I water many plants once a day. The last thing I am worried about is condensation. If you think you don’t have mold spores in yalls grow rooms then think again. Mold needs the right conditions to thrive. I’ve killed red mold in previous homes I’ve owned. I will own this house by fall of next year. And sell a year after. I will profit around 60 k. As much as I do appreciate the concern for my plants health I am more worried about my temps and underwatering. And as problems arise I do intend to solve. If at some point I have to scrap the whole grow then I will. Seeds is what I’m after. I’ve spent more cash on seeds then on my lighting. I spent more cash on soil additives then seeds.

If you want to see more in-depth views of my growroom just ask. Ill will post pics. I think you want to see how I am exchanging air flow…and i will show you. My other rooms in my house are no for posting pics of so don’t ask.

6 Likes

Now all might think 15 degrees is pretty cold. And your right it is, and I’ve had to make adjustments along the way to insure my plants don’t freeze to death or get cooked. I have different procedures for different outside temps. And I keep more of an eye on the temps outside then in my grow room. Because I know if its 50 degrees outside (which is unseasonably warm this time of year) then I don’t run any heat at all or it’ll be 85-90 degrees up there. Its a learning process and no one here is attic growing so all the ideas came from my brain.
So heat rises…and I push warm air up through my opening in my bedroom. Ladder is only access. Basicly you have to pull yourself up. I’ve fallen down once, about broke my back too.

4 Likes

The vent that would normally bring in cold air I’ve closed. Mainly so people can’t notice my purple fuckin lights shining threw the cracks of the vent. But I found this was the answer to my cold problems. And also would eliminate any moisture from outdoors too.

5 Likes

mold spores are by default everywhere… no getting around it…

I am not worried about health of your plants… I am worried about the health of your house/ home. (issues with your house can cause significant impact on personal finance/ health). Especially as it sounds like a wonderful house! Solid pine walls are (IMHO) great for houses as the breath naturally!!

The warm air will seep to potential splits and (cracks in bottom most layer of roof) at some point it will meet a vapor/water barrier … be it metal sheet, plastic sheet or other medium (tar like sheets) that is used to keep elements out of the attic. ( non native so I dont know the english terms for all options)

With cold weather (15 F is cold enough) … the underside of this layer will likely start condensating water ( dew point if my memory serves me correctly). This water will (or rather there is a high risk of) create a potential breeding ground for mold.

As the issue will be within the structure … it can go without noticing for quite a long time… and then it will be bloody expensive to fix …

Now… RH 30% is quite dry … close to standard bedroom RH% … I still feel that there is a danger and need to double check … I do hear that you are not worried … and that is why I try to articulate my concerns as clearly as I can.

walls - solid pine logs - great
floor - pine planks - cool
roof - pine planks … and then what? I trust not just plain planks … there is usually some protection against elements.

Detailed pic (inside and outside ) of your roof (3ft by 3ft area <> 10ft by 10ft area - please do frame identifying characteristics out) might help me to guess what the structure within might be OR if there is a spot where you can see the layers - likely spot would be under the eaves of the roof.

I am now in a building in a cold region. we have multiple layers in windows. As windows and ventilation were build … less than well… there is a constant condensation of water on the inside of outer glass and also on the inside of inner glass (room itself). I fear similar thing might be going on within the structure of your roof.

Please do take my ‘kibitz: To look on and offer unwanted, usually meddlesome advice to others.’ as kindly and with as much patience as you can and with seasonal greetings!

6 Likes

Basicly I built a tent. With a bit more open air. The vent on the otherside of this reflective wall is open and not closed. This is where my air escapes from. I can’t get past my wall to show unless I take it down. Which there’s not a snowballs chance in hell of me doing right now.

4 Likes

I’ve got more kilz (3/4) of a gallon. I don’t know if some don’t know about kilz. But its used to prevent mold. And kill any already there. Mold does not like UV light. Mold does not like air flow. You can use all the bleach you want but if the area your trying to kill mold in doesn’t have airflow you ain’t killing shit.

4 Likes

I did facility management for the railroad. I’ve gutted some fucked up Shit before.

3 Likes

I bought this place for 19k. I’ve reroofed it new plywood in Alot of areas. 8 sheets. I flip houses bro.

5 Likes

That’s terrible dude. :sweat_smile: Most dangerous thing about weed is never the weed! :joy:

How old was your zamaldelica when she showed sex?

3 Likes

Cool lifestyle bro! :thumbsup:

4 Likes

Bro your totally good. Your being a good person And I like that. Keep it up.

3 Likes