August Picture of the Month 🎥 ~ Contest Thread~

my canon 90d didnt cut it :joy:

7 Likes

There’s some impressive buds in that for a 16oz grow!great job

3 Likes

Thanks, appreciate the look.
What’s most impressive to me about this plant is the wiry stems holding them chunks of bud, and the dirt line is almost to the halfway point.

7 Likes

Yeah anything short of a single cola structure in a solo is a roll of the dice that plant is inspiring I would have figured it would topple over

5 Likes

Love is in the air!

27 Likes

Freeloader in Veg…

17 Likes

32 Likes

whats the root maintenance here, you air pruning from bottom? Or do you manual prune? Is it a clone? Seed? I have some nice solo cup grows but maybe 25% total bud mass as opposed to this one, have tried so many methods to micro grow in solos, highest dry yield from solo cup 32g let me dig the usb drive out and ill show a few solo cup runs. GSC Auto was the best personal experience in solo. Also Spiced orange rum from @Sebring did very well in a solo cup too.

10 Likes

Hopefully this is helpful, I transplant from 2inch pots right before switching to flo. It can be seed or clones, the plant we’re referring to is from clone. And if you really look at the pic, there’s a little over half a cup of media.
The key I believe is coco, you can’t get root bound unless you’re really trying too.

9 Likes

Picture perfect scrog there, very nice!

6 Likes

Thank you, their filling the tent up nicely, pics from last run, these were a :strawberry: cough, sadly to say that breeder is no longer with us and he had the best strawberry pheno to date. Have one other strain(dosxgsc) from him im saving till I get moved.

Last harvest from April.

31 Likes

Beautiful, you’re slaying it there! You should start a journal thread so I can bomb you with questions and not clog up this one haha

11 Likes

Man I’m still trying to figure out how to grow colas like that…i mean it is only my second grow but still. Im hoping letting them get a bit taller before flipping will help develop better colas like this this go around

8 Likes

They are beautiful love the color

7 Likes

New growers, my biggest starter hint, grow one strain for a couple runs, Will help you get a grasp at diagnosing, excesses and deficiencies, also will give u a chance to get ahold of topping time, or fimming, super crop.if extra legs on the girls, no strains take nutes the same, no strains grow at the same rate, even the same seeds from the same batch will have x amount of pheno, familiarize urself with a single choice strain, if u grow the same strain 4 times (consecutive grows) and actually pay attention to ur girls on the 4th grow u will almost copy my canopies :+1::green_heart: im very familiar with both Gorrila Glue and :strawberry: cough. Both strains shown above.

5 weeks gromies and I will give everyone my A-Z personal grow style.

Share the Knowledge Stop the Fear. :green_heart:

16 Likes

solid advice bud…so am I right in the thinking to achieve better colas to allow them to grow more vertically before flipping or is most of thatvdone afternthebswitch? Because I know they stretch decently (strain dependent) but thats the only conclusion I was able to come to after my first grow. Dont get me wrong for my first grow i did decent…but not where I’d like to be thats for sure. The strain im running right now bothbplants are peyote forum and im letting them veg a bit more to get more vertical of course but grow space height is a concern so im supercropping. Just playing with it man. Dont get me wrong i love advice but for me im the type that loves the hands on experience and troubleshooting. Anywaysbmy friend beautiful plants…you give us noobs something to aspire to be :smiley:

4 Likes

I set up a intintial screen, extreme defoliate then swap 12-12, 21 days later i do another extreme defol, removing all suckers anything to low for light to adequately reach, and add a second screen, and will maintain removing large leaves and any low growing nubs every week. First screen is my idea of how far to defol down to stalks and stims. Second is where ethe final 12" of growth will happen.
To stop rambling yes longer veg results in more colas and more even colas with proper training.
@Joboo

6 Likes

Cool I appreciate it. I’m not running a screen because of dwc but I get it!! This strain is somewhat of a low yielded but high quality so I can’t go on my overall yield this round but ill be able to tell if technique is improved you know what I mean?

4 Likes

Ok, I dont think Ive entered this month yet and my stoned ass HAS checked up and down, but @Mongobongo if ya see i messed up, let me know, but I got some PURPLE DURBAN this time that just may be the best shot I got…not enough to win the month, i don’t win stuff, and Im not mad about it…i just LOVE being apart of this community! Apart from my daughter, my commitment to this community is what Im next proud about…maybe that sounds like my priorities are outa whack but if you knew me 8 years ago, whew boy! Let’s just say Im gonna be feeling the karmic backlash from my actions for some time. I say this to describe what those closest to me hold as truths…my mom told me one time, “son, the good die young and its a shame, but boy, your ass is gonna live for a LONG motherfucking time!”

11 Likes

Ok, just kidding, I got this seed I just sprouted and shit do I wish I knew which of the three strains it was. Its either the AFGHANI x BLUE LIGHTS from @Tappy or its @Cobra50 's PURPLE DURBAN or its the F2’s from @Howard.Crane…but check out the TWO TAPROOTS!!

23 Likes