Basement ventilation advice, please!

Great question! I had to look up the exact wording. They state the garden must be in an “Enclosed, locked facility” which they define as:

• An indoor stationary closet, room, garage, greenhouse, or other comparable fully enclosed space equipped with locks or other functioning security devices that permit access to only the qualifying patient(s) or primary caregiver(s) who have informed the department that this is the space where they will cultivate marijuana*

In obtaining a license to cultivate, you must provide them with a description of your space and how it will be secured. You also consent to allow authorities to inspect the grow space upon demand. The program is quite new in my state and I’ve never heard of a single inspection taking place, but I imagine you would lose your cultivation license if they somehow had a reason to be there and found that things were not to their liking…

I can’t set up anywhere else in the house. Every other room has a purpose. I co-own this place and while my other half is very tolerant of my hobby/obsession, there are limits.

The laundry vent is on the opposite side of the house, around a corner through the living room. Running ducts isn’t going to fly. It would require holes in interior walls and somehow hiding the exposed duct.

I’m beginning to think that external exhaust isn’t an option from this space. I’ll have to see how the room behaves this summer. I dealt with issues as they arose last year, but had only planted my first seeds on May 1st so I was quite the n00b (like I’m an expert after doing this less than one year!). I now have a dehumidifier and a portable AC unit to try to keep things in check.

2 Likes

seems a lock on the basement door comply s. Were are you at? cold , hot climate?
You own the home. punch a hole through the basement to outside, it is already advised practice.
I keep saying know the room with out the grow just encase it already sits at very high almost over the edge humidity.

2 Likes

It sounds like humidity is the real concern here. Do you have baseline measurements? Would you consider dehumidifiers?

I know that in my conditions I need to open a window if it’s wet and cold outside because the indoor humidity spikes.

You could use a good carbon filter on each tent to take care of smells.

If you can find a gentle breeze you might not need a vortex.

Best of luck

1 Like