MLBaseball
Gold rush
Moonshiners
Chappelles show
Cheers
And any gangster or criminal hero story. Elchapo
The wire once a year -ish

3 Likes

You are correct, it is indeed a gigantic shift from TV before streaming became available.
I like to catch up on old shows by watching from the pilot episode thru to the last.
This was simply not possible prior to streaming/bingeing! (Without buying or renting DVDs or VHS tapes).

And I forgot to mention Burn Noticeā€¦fantastically entertainingā€¦the adventures of Michael Weston and friendsā€¦great stuff for sure!

2 Likes

Holy Cow, I forgot to mention The Wireā€¦only watched it for the first time about 6 months agoā€¦great series, I never watched when it was on originallyā€¦:sunglasses:

I really enjoyed the first season of The Killingā€¦and I just started on Frontierā€¦
I binged the first season of Better Call Saul, but now I am watching it only one episode a week, like in the old days! Rats!

Oh well!

1 Like

Honestly thatā€™s probably the better way to do it I always end up saying Iā€™m only going to watch one episode a day so it lasts. But I always end up knocking out half of a season in a night and I regret it every time lol

1 Like

I sorta have mixed feeling about this dilemma. I do the same thing frequentlyā€¦ the more I like a series, the more likely I am to burn thru all of the episodes, leaving me with a twinge of regret that I didnā€™t delay my full immersion bingeā€¦oh wellšŸ˜Ž

I started watching the 3rd season of Bosch a few day ago. I was really digging it so I told myself I would pace myself ā€¦stretching out my viewing. No such luckā€¦I finished the last two episodes yesterday.
Now I have to wait 'till next year for the 4th season.

BTW, Bosch is based on the series of books by Michael Connelly about the curmudgeonly L.A. Police detective Harry Bosch. I have read all of the books.
The 3rd season of the show is the best yet.
Giant thumbs upā€‹:+1::+1::+1:

Yeah I especially hate when I finish a season so early that I have to wait almost a year for the next one. Iā€™ll have to check that show out later is it on Netflix or cable?

1 Like

Thatā€™s the truthā€¦Iā€™m damned if I binge and damned if I donā€™tā€¦:smile:

Bosch is on Amazon Prime; some info-

Harry Bosch has murder on his mind. A former Special Forces officer who has done tours in the Middle East, Bosch is now a tenacious, jazz-loving homicide detective in the Hollywood Division of the LAPD. Bosch is faced with myriad challenges as he investigates suspicious deaths and follows trails of corruption ā€“ including the dark side of the police department ā€“ in his relentless pursuit of the truth. The critically acclaimed procedural is based on Michael Connellyā€™s series of best-selling novels.
First episode date: February 6, 2014
Network: Amazon.com, Inc.
https://www.google.com/search?q=bosch&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari&dlnr=1&sei=w_8EWf6vI4nQmwHAgpSoCQ#dlnr=1&mie=e,overview,bosch,H4sIAAAAAAAAAONgVuLSz9U3iC82ScvIesToyi3w8sc9YSmbSWtOXmM04-IKzsgvd80rySypFNLgYoOy5Lj4pJC0aTBI8XAh8XkA0_YqD1YAAAA

1 Like

Mr Robot was my latest binge. Great show!

1 Like

I neglected to mention some series which I have enjoyed and completed watching in my bingeing frenzy.

BTW, I really got into bingeing after I was injured in a pretty bad accident a while back.
Having finished any and all books of interest available to me in the hospital, I dove head first into the bingeing world.
I have been at it ever since!
There are no annoying commercials, and I appreciate the enhanced continuity of the story arc. Character development is also more intensely enjoyed.

Here are some I forgot to mention in OP.

Top of the Lake
Mad Men
Sons of Anarchy
Damages
Yourā€™e the Worst
Master of None
The Good Fight

High Maintenance
(highly recommend)
This series relates directly to this website because this is what it is about:

The Guy is a nameless marijuana dealer in Brooklyn who delivers his goods to stressed-out clients across New York City, who have a variety of neuroses. While delivering the weed to his customers, he makes brief appearances in their lives to get a glimpse at their daily routines. Among the folks he encounters are Max, who must maintain a charade to remain part of a new group of friends, and Jim, a retiree who lives downstairs from his neurotic daughter and her family. The comedy series stars Ben Sinclair, who created the show with wife Katja Blichfeld, as The Guy.
Starring: Ben Sinclair
Network: HBO

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&hl=en-us&ei=oekFWceiMsGxmQGewYjgBA&q=high+maintenance+hbo&oq=high+maintenance+h&gs_l=mobile-gws-serp.1.0.0l5.4911.6692.0.7823.4.3.1.1.1.0.495.763.1j1j4-1.3.0....0...1c.1.64.mobile-gws-serp..0.4.702...0i67k1.5ePrRRrw80s

1 Like

ā€œSouth pacificā€ is a documentary that is really good. Check it out if you have time. My wife gives it five stars but Netflix only will let us give it a thumbs up.

1 Like

Thanks @ryasco for the heads up.
I had been looking for something different to binge.
I checked out SouthPacificā€¦I watched part of the first episode alreadyā€¦very interestingšŸ˜Š
Thanks againšŸ˜Ž

1 Like

I am glad you enjoyed it. :grin:

What!? No anime on anyoneā€™s list? I used to think anime was the most unwatchable crap when I was younger but about 4 years ago when I was 27 I somehow found my way to an amazing anime site kissanime.com and Iā€™ve been hooked ever since. Love finding rare gems that nobody else seems to have ever watched and turning people onto them. They also have a cartoon site with basically every cartoon you can imagine, for those of you who love going back and watching stuff from our childhoods.

1 Like

I have to admit that I am totally unfamiliar with anime.
Do you have any recommendations for the uninitiated?

What type of movies tend to be your favorite? You should definitely watch some of the bigger/popular mainstream anime first. Iā€™d recommend ghost in the shell original anime movie, Cowboy Bebop, Attack on Titan. The last two are series. I will give u the links and the then reply back later with a short list of must watch. It is up to you if you watched English dubbed or subbed on most mainstream anime, I prefer sub titled because the Japanese do so much better at relaying the emotion etc even tho you canā€™t understand without reading the sub titles it still comes across really powerful once you get used to it. Ghost in the shell and Cowboy bebop both have amazing great English voice actors so I linked the English dubbed of all 3 since your just starting out. I watched the sub version of attack on titan so I hope the dubbed version is good but I am not sure.

http://kissanime.ru/Anime/Ghost-in-the-Shell-Dub

http://kissanime.ru/Anime/Cowboy-Bebop

http://kissanime.ru/Anime/Shingeki-no-Kyojin-Dub <- attack on titan

Thanks greatly @WV_GorillaGrower,
I appreciate your effort in assisting my exploration of something I know nothing about!!!
Wow, very nicešŸ˜Š!!

I enjoy many different types of movies.
What I decide to watch depends upon my mood.
The last two movies I watched which I really liked were Get Out and Logan.

ā€œThe Polar Sea,ā€ is pretty good if you are interested in the North West Passage. Netflix has it.

1 Like

I am, unfortunately, compelled to report upon a show which has become my latest binge obsession:
Fargo!!!
Sweet Fancy Moses!
What a series!
Wickedly and darkly entertaining.
Boatloads of thumbs way, way up.
:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

1 Like