Black Friday Deals - lighting edition

Hahaha yea no doubt … lol she asked how much my weed set up cost at the beginning… lol and I downplayed it THEN lol.

With her it’s

“What’s yours is mine and what’s mine is mine”

Lol

When I got back into growing, electric jumped $200… She bitched. Didn’t take me 10 seconds to say $400 / mo on weed, or $200 / mo on electric, and save $200 / mo. Yeah, her argument ended really quickly… like POOF! no argument at all…

3 Likes

My trick is to make sure there is money for her to also get something. I’m looking at lights now and telling her “we haven’t treated ourselves for a while, we should both get something nice once xxxx money comes in” I’ve been setting up for Black Friday lights for a while, talking about getting a treat, squirrelling away money…it’s what’s called a long con…

6 Likes

haha brilliant mate!!!

Outcome dependant ! lol

2 Likes

If all goes well I’ll be setting up a beast sometime soon and she will be happily off with whatever she got and everyone wins….:crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Long conn!!! Lol!
you make it sound so bad!!! You earned it, I hope you find a nice one!

I’ve got to finish another grow with my current set up to determine if I need something bigger and stronger ! Can’t imagine how much more light I can fit in a 2x4 tent lol

I think I need 2 Runs with current light just to find out if I’m the incompetent one or if the light Is lol

1 Like

This is always my argument about the grow. No matter what I buy, on a long enough timeline it’s still saves money, cos if I’m not growing weed I’m buying it and it’s always more expensive to buy it. My first setup paid for itself in about 5 months :smiley::love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Lol hold on. The price of these lights , I can see the long con requirement lol

1 Like

I HAVE a lot to learn!

I’m still shopping on amazon… lol I bought 3 blurples before I did any research and found out about Samsung diodes lol

1 Like

Yeah they are not cheap! But I went cheap at the start and I’ve had to replace out almost everything. Lights broke or are not powerful enough, tent zippers broken or just not big enough, exhaust fans that still run but sound like they are about to burst into flames.

The way I figure is the optic has a ten year warranty, most of the other have at least 3-5. If this is really the only light I have to buy for at least 10 years it’s a good deal.

2 Likes

The Upgrade Path is the most expensive path. I try not to have to buy upgrades, cause then you have your initial investment in something that didnt work, or worked sub optimally, and STILL have to spend money on something good. Bite the bullet and do it once, you’ll save money and not have useless junk laying around :wink:

5 Likes

Look up Migro on YouTube. Old mate does the best lighting reviews I’ve seen. From cheap stuff to super high end, he will tell you what’s good at any price point.

3 Likes

After buying junk and then upgrading to more expensive junk…I am just now learning this…

3 Likes

Part of the issue is that after five years, anything you’ve bought is automatically junk in comparison to the new shiny stuff they’ve come out with just last year… tough to keep up with Moore’s law.

3 Likes

This is very true but as long as I’ve got a great light pumping out dank I’ll be ok with it, it’s when it breaks after a 1yr that I’m not ok anymore……looking you Kingbrite! :neutral_face:

1 Like

Yeah, blurples are crap no matter what year you buy them in, I figured that one out myself. :stuck_out_tongue: Though I did manage to get the companies involved to send me out two replacement boards for each of the lights I bought, so they lasted reasonably well until I got tired of the ugliness and relative inefficiency. They might get used for male jail until they burn out at this point, can’t think of much else to do with them.

1 Like

I have two blurples from first setup that I’ve kept. I use them for veg, just on the blue setting. I watched a bunch of stuff from Bruce bugabee (Toward an Optimal Spectral Quality for Plant Growth and Development - YouTube ) talking about how blue light is best for shorter internode spacing in veg. It’s also works for me because I’m always short on space in the flower tent so slowing veg down a little isn’t always a bad thing.

1 Like

I have the smaller version, se 3000 and I love it so far.

2 Likes