3 blueberry auto from coastal mary

6 Likes

My Gelato kiss mom

8 Likes

2 Trump nutz fem, 6 alien gorilla glue fems, 12 medicine man, and 6 aloha og

8 Likes

UFS#18 there is one different pheno that stands out

13 Likes

The blue Tara showed sex so I’m down to 2 females so far.

3 Likes

Looking a bit sativa huh, that might be a keeper

2 Likes

Yea definitely looking sativa!!!

Love the look of that sativa pheno!

1 Like

Going to stay in veg for awhile for clones. The rest went to flower!!!

12 Likes

Been trying to find out more info on this sativa pheno of the USF#18 not finding a whole lot of anything about the uncle fester in general and definitely nothing on a sativa pheno. If anyone has more info on this please share.

Even good old phylos doesn’t say much

1 Like

I think I read somewhere that. Don’t quote me on this. He was growing for the hells angels, trying to breed the best skunk he could. I remember reading , skunk#1 not sure about any other skunks. Probably did tho… just like I # my grow, 1 thru ???.well plant #18, was the shit. There you have it. Let me dig thru my screens hots, i might still have it. So go investigate skunk#1 for starters, you might find it there

1 Like

So that’s back in the 60’s 70’s

Skunk #1 is a three way cross of Colombian Gold x Afghan Kush x Acapulco Gold, created in mid 70’s by David Watson aka. Sam The Skunkman, and propagated with the help of Sacred Seeds collective

Skunk #1 seeds went on sale for the first time around 1978-1979 through Homegrown catalogue, and became an instant hit in US due to shorter flowering time and bigger yield in comparison to prior available, and widely popular, equatorial sativa or narrow-leaf drug cultivars.

But after a few decades of inbreeding the word skunk became a generic name after it crossed the Atlantic, and every Dutch seed bank had it in possession.

In the meantime Skunk #1 underwent heavy outcrossing to Northern Lights #5, and other Afgani cultivars, to up the yield and cut the flowering time even more.

By mid 90’s it was a much different plant, and only few growers remembered how it looked originally! One of them was an Arizonian grower going under a nick Madjag, who published pics of Skunk #1 he cultivated in 1979 from the original Sacred Seeds stock on ICMAG.

Looking at these vintage photos we can actually see, that original Skunk #1 leaned heavily on Colombian/Mexican side with long, spearheaded colas and long, narrow leaves! It was also rather stretchy in comparison to stocky nowadays skunks, and had much wider terpenoid expression on the top of that.

skunk1.jpg
skunk2.jpg
skunk4.jpg
skunk6.jpg
skunk7.jpg
skunk8.jpg
skunk10.jpg

via ICMAG / originally posted by Madjag

17 Likes

Definitely intrigued now, but probably shouldn’t let it get very tall then (indoor)

1 Like

13 Likes

11 Likes