Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

goddamn I don’t know what’s funnier - your joke or @2High reaction.

5 Likes

I saw that too i’d assume (MK Ultra x ECSD) x (NYSD x SD) based off of the name. I couldn’t find much info on it either.

@TopShelfTrees1 some Mean Gene stuff might be available, if you’re interested :thinking:

:v:

5 Likes

Thank you brother :facepunch:t2:

2 Likes

That a11g f2 x appalachia looks so good.

“Pagoda: Puffy pineapple crystalline chem apollo prayer castles on a lanky bush of goodness. Mind melting space exploration from the comfort of your couch. Pineapple, melon, starfruit and chem funk aromas, grows like Apollo 11 so she needs some support.”

10 Likes

I :eyes: the DLA 6 myself

6 Likes

I believe that one is already gone

2 Likes

There is a restock of White Light Hashplant at JBC

13 Likes

Somewhat tangential, but also… F2s of Nepali Watermelon Hashplant made by Strayfox are up at GLG.

16 Likes

got to see del in santa cruz a few years back. def one of the best live rappers. and super chill show. highly recommend

3 Likes

Hiero day is free this year, Sponsored by Oakland.

3 Likes

The Town birthed the Panthers, was the first shipyard to say NO to apartheid and was the center of 215. Now it’s free jams. Oakland ftw

11 Likes

the good ol days when you could roll into harborside on the clone drop day and score any amazing strain you could want for like 7-12 bucks lol. if we only knew what we had!

8 Likes

The 3rd floor. Larry. Turtle. Used to get 4k for ANYTHING. Man I would like to know that Turtle is good. Heard Larry passed. $5 babies and discounts for trays. SSH, Durban, Bubbleberry and we had a peppery Haze cut that was a terrible commercial plant but always in rotation for personal. Assumed it would stay the same or improve, but now we’re here.

I gotta stop buying seeds at least till one of these tents is up. DLA 6 and a Chem leaning I-95 f3 are the latest.

Overgrow the Solar system

15 Likes

man I love hiero day.

I think the prop 215 collective system was the closest we ever got to fair and reasonable regulation. It brought cheap clean meds in reach for every patient, and it wasn’t a total invasion of privacy to get your card.

Everyone could grow their own with plant counts or canopy size limits that were actually generous enough to support the needs of a seriously ill medical patient.

The only really fucked up thing was the federal raids. But the prop 215 prop 420 system was amazing.

Harborside was the place to go for clones, the most I ever paid for a single cut was $17. that was high at the time. Granddaddy Purple by ken estes in san jose had his seeds, sparc in sf had Subcool seeds. not to mention amazing heirloom seed lines and cuts shared in the private prop 215 collectives.

I used to get 8$ grams of high quality ice water hash from a private collective with a farm up in Shasta.

Aside from the fact that I talk about it all the time, you guys have no idea how much I miss that community and the lines we had in the bay area at that time.

It was just a really great community. Just about every time I went into a dispensary or met up with collective members, I ended up having amazing deep conversations about everything from weed to art.

And before they started to get shut down by zoning changes, the lounges were awesome. If you were out in the city you could just walk into a dispensary and have a safe legal place to medicate. SPARC and the Green Door Lounge were awesome. You could walk in out of the insanity into a calm oasis of volcano vaporizers. Or hit up the green door lounge to take bong rips, then stumble 2 blocks to the metreon theater for a movie.

Truly a golden age.

21 Likes

Honestly, that sounds like an absolute dream! :heart_eyes:
Hopefully you can get back to that in future.

Living in the UK, I have to live my dream of being a legal stoner vicariously through you more fortunate stoners :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
While laws and legislation may be worse than they were a few years ago, they’re still 100 times better than they are here!

:v:

8 Likes

Serious! I had a company that did all the 215 high times/kushstock/whatever name of the week cups, and it was really amazing. Just an farmers market of anything you could want. And if you had a decent product, you could sell out like nothing.

But you’re right the raids were so messed up. I almost got caught up in Santa Cruz just a few weeks into the prop 64 switch. Went from I could grow a few thousand sq ft of really nice greenhouse(with my hunted bodhi and cannarado strains lol) with no hassles, to everyone got raided back to back. I got out in time, but lost an amazing collection of plants.

I knew so many great people in the community that were high level dispo managers, fantastic growers and processors, you name it. But when 64 came in they were all demoted or pushed out in some way to bring in corporate goons. The whole thing was surreal to watch. Now I see amazing grower buddies of mine that could do massive grows of great bud working construction or manual labor. Just to have low pay, low skill labor and all that matters is yield per sq ft. Nobody even talks about quality, except their brand of rockwool boof is “premium”.

But hopefully with communities like this, we can keep the underground strong during this corporate era of big is all that matters. I have no doubt people want true craft weed. That was my whole model for years and years. Until 2018/19 when all I started hearing was “people don’t care about quality, they just want it cheap”. When I think what was really happening was brokers wanted to make extra money lol

15 Likes

yeah there was no real transition period when they switched to prop 64, or any plan to integrate prop 215 growers into the new system.

I’ve basically been out of touch with that community since the beginning of legalization, I’ve been up in oregon since early 2016.

I kinda figured you were from the area with that name Backyard Boogie, I haven’t heard that phrase anywhere else.

15 Likes

The energy went from peace and love to Starbucks. Harborside was never my jam, they came late and somehow are still here.

Dla6? Om4? Shakedown Street? 4play? Or all 4?

8 Likes

Good Medicine F3
9 plants 13 days from flip
4 females 3 males and 2 no sex yet

33 Likes