Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

Ohh wishing the best of luck you heard there’s a pheno that tastes like sprite :drooling_face: @Weednerd.Anthony

8 Likes

Got some new editions to my Bodhi stock today. Well yesterday but I just opened my mail, lol. Got to be some fire in there.

39 Likes

Um… more like a raging inferno.
Awesome awesome accession brother

7 Likes

Neptune’s Seed Auctions and Strainly are probably two of the places I wouldn’t go to. Especially for older packs. I was tempted last year when I saw two packs of Bodhi’s Field Trip listed on Neptune’s Seed auction site… made the transaction… but didn’t think to research the seller name before I pulled the trigger… a quick Google search led me to multiple people claiming they got scammed by the same guy that Neptune had listed as a “Featured Seller.”
I canceled that transaction abruptly. The sellers name was “Ak1STTRX” and a quick Google search revealed all types of people saying he scammed them. Instagram had a seed scam seller page listing him as a scammer too, as well as several posts on canna forums calling him out… I let Neptune know and they canceled my transaction but the seller was still listed on there long after the fact.

Shoe at Headiegardens has been a great resource for all my Bodhi needs. I’ve picked up quite a few packs from Shoe as he’s getting packs that Bodhi is pulling out of his fridge and sending directly to him.

In fact I’m currently expecting these inbound any time now… all from Shoe with the exception of the Orange Sunshine F2s… that was a deal I worked out with someone else…

25 Likes

Bodhi re-released those like two or three years ago, so they shouldn’t necessarily be considered “old” exactly, although he did make them a whiiiiiiile back. I popped some from the re-release for my current grow and they all germinated no problem (all of them turned out male, so I trashed them, but they’ll be getting grown again; I fucking LOVE Mountain Temple). Assuming you didn’t get those from a scammer, you shouldn’t have any issues.

Here’s a grow report of some Mountain Temples I grew years ago, from the original release, if you’re interested: Bodhi Goji Og And Mountain Temple - THCFarmer

I’ve posted that link multiple times here before, so I dunno if you’ve already seen it/read it. If you haven’t, just bear in mind that I was high as fuck on blow and about a half-bottle of Jack and a twelve pack and a couple joints-in when I was writing most of those posts. That did not, however, affect my ability to judge that weed haha; it just affected my ability to write decently. IMO, though, Mountain Temple’s one of Bodhi’s best.

Also, we don’t give a fuck about your Norstar Genetics testers haha…

16 Likes

IMHO the Appy crosses & gash crosses some of his best . The Wookie & Snow Lotus were a disappointment for me , could of been luck of the draw . Like most things YMMV…

16 Likes

@boatbum325 this is what I’ve always heard regarding Bodhi’s males. Most folks say they all are good in their own right, depending what you’re looking for, but that Appalachia dad put out some major fire.

And 88G13HP crosses are pretty great too, as that dad allows the mom to shine through quite a bit I hear, but also adds some nice frost.

Now this is purely talking from y’all’s grows I’ve seen, what I’ve seen/heard from other forums, plus reading through Bodhi threads on here, as I don’t have the space to pop anything else just yet for a little while, and have multiple grows planned out already, for example what strains I’m running, how many of each strain, environmental setup, etc.

11 Likes

No, ssdd uses the original bubba clone. Pre98 or whatever.

The packs that used katsu bubba were clearly labeled “katsu bubba” x whatever. Bubbashine, the mom of SSDD, is not one of those. Also bodhi clearly said it was the original bubba Kush clone in the description for the line. NOT katsu’s.

18 Likes

Havent done too many yet - but havent loved the high on g13hp crosses ive tried… the initial 30min heady part is a little strong on the comeup for me before it mellows into the sleepy indica. This is just from 2 crosses - heavenly hp and bubbashine hp. I did enjoy a pheno of DLA5 though - didnt have as strong a come up. Snow lotus seems to jive with me a bit more highwise.

15 Likes

So I found this in the comments on Bodhi’s most recent IG post…not really surprising since the cold scarification stuff was only an afterthought to avoid major blowback (which may still be ahead since I assume most people haven’t popped them yet). They definitely rushed those seeds…

20 Likes

Joy of business running the business. trying to stick to marketed timelines instead of realizing the plant does what it wants. can’t rush it and expect good results :man_shrugging:

14 Likes

When you deal with the devil you don’t change him, he changes you. We all knew it was a bunch of bs anyway

14 Likes

We prefer different buzzes . The gash to me shines with his OG crosses as it improves the viney structure , allows mom to strut her stuff , improves yield & makes me crosseyed . I thought the Snow Lotus would have been more narcotic but to me I thought it insipid .

12 Likes

Yeah I still need to try an og x g13hp, those definitely are highly regarded. I dig snow lotus in goji as it gives a calming meditative sativa hybrid effect - definitely not super strong narcotic.

14 Likes

Appalachia crosses are my favorite as that plant has incredible intelligence. Snow lotus would be a very close second in its own right. The female smokes good too. Ive had snow lotus by itself and also bodhis dirty hippy crossed to chocolate thai. Appalachia is where it is at though.

14 Likes

That Electric Cowboy I find tasty & potent .

8 Likes

Nice! Yeah that ones got some rave reviews, its one I have in the fridge.

8 Likes

I’ve always defered to @advancedbuffalo advise/selections . Colin’s a beast he can grow some f’ing weed . He’s a pro & pops more @ a time than most do in a year or two . If he tells you there’s some gems start diggin’

14 Likes

This 100X! The generosity on OG is inspiring.

12 Likes

I always appreciated advancedBuffalo’s sometimes brutally honest thoughts about Bodhi strains, when i was on RIU. It helps me to know the good And the possibly bad aspects of a strain.

9 Likes