Bud Glamour Shots. Photography help needed

Thanks. Those are just simple pics off my phone with no special settings or lighting. They could definitely be better but they are ok.

1 Like

You can do some cool stuff with a cell phone.

Original.

Edited.

8 Likes

100% The further off the background you are the easier it is to edit.

If you have any questions feel free to PM man. Here are a couple of my shots from past rubs.

13 Likes

I started dabbling in bud and trichrome photography last year, I learned a few tips going through this if your buying a camera and the basic technique they use to get the super good shots. I’m still figuring it out but getting better.

If you buy a camera or lenses, dslr technology has advanced very little and the more expensive stuff is convenience and minor difference an amateur like me wasn’t going to notice. I bought a Nikon d7600 which was top of the line 10 years ago but really the new ones only have like Bluetooth, cell phones as controllers for the camera, auto transferring photos, stuff I could live without. I bought a tokina 1:1 lens and it works great. Manual focus but you need that anyways unless you buy a more expensive camera that auto focuses for focus stacking. I got great deals on eBay on pawn shops with online websites. Spent like $300 I think

Research focus stacking and that will step up your clarity. I have a friend who works for a newspaper and he taught me how to use the manual controls which has improved my photos but it’s hard as hell to figure out. I’m sure it will take a long time to get that figured out. Some kind of remote is also good it will eliminate vibration.

You can focus stacking with an iPhone but I’ve heard it’s tricky to do but I’m sure there’s a YouTube vid out there.

Good luck with it and hope this helps some. It’s been a lot but taking photos of my nugs has put some fun back in growing.

9 Likes

@syzygy takes some epic pics on black background , they are impressive always look forward to.

3 Likes

If your camera allows you to shoot in manual mode then play around with Aperture, Shutter Speed and ISO until you have a good feel for how they will affect your image quality, depth of field, lighting, etc. As stated previously in the thread increasing the distance between your subject and the background is a good way to disappear the background. Underexposing the background and using a flash or light source is another useful approach.

For example, here is a shot that is on my desktop from earlier today. It was shot at F8 aperture, ISO 100, and 1/640 sec shutter speed. Without the flash on the flower the whole image would be solid black.

Here’s a decent tutorial as well that may help you.

10 Likes

This right here is all I’m trying to do. :+1:

1 Like

Thank so much!!!

Appreciate you all

1 Like

Increasing shutter speed should help.

1 Like