Can IR see LED grows?

The cop can come up with justification but ultimately it’s the judge’s decision to authorize the search warrant. The cop can’t just bust in without approval from those higher up, no matter what justification the cop gives. It depends on the laws of the area ultimately. This is where it helps to become extremely educated about the local laws and restrictions.

In my area it’s impossible for that to happen because I live out of town. I don’t have a sidewalk and any info they could get from the road wouldn’t be helpful.

He can if he’s a dirty cop. You might skate a conviction “if” you can afford you own lawyer. Either way your spots blown up and now your anonymity. They don’t have to follow the law to skin a cat.

3 Likes

First off you location means nothing. They have been known to use aircraft to scan for heat signatures. Secondly if the cop justifies it properly the judge will issue a warrant. Even if you win in court, you still ultimately lose. Family traumatized, grow destroyed, ton’s of legal expences, etc. It’s great you feel your rights can provide the ultimate protection but countless cases have proven that is just not reality.

7 Likes

These days with so many people running high power computers, 3d printing and bitcoin mining I don’t think ir is anything to worry about.

4 Likes

I can look on my electric company app and track my usage down to the hour. It really wouldn’t be hard for them to check if they had reason. oh this guys using an a extra kw for 12 hours and an extra .5kw for 18, but it’s not the 90s anymore if you’re not drawing attention to yourself nobody’s out looking for you.(that’s not to say they’ll ignore the obvious, keep odor controlled, don’t go telling everybody, dispose of plant waste securely)

4 Likes

When I lived “in the hood”, nearly nobody had snow on their roof, shovelled their sidewalks promptly, and were very polite.

It was the few houses with snow on the roof that also had a broken car on the lawn, noisy parties, and were most likely to attract police attention.

I’ve been told that some growers would vent into the sewers and were caught that way. Rumour had it when the cops would come in unexpected they would just chop the plants and take your ballasts. Of course this was all second hand from a man who evidently lost a lot of ballasts.

3 Likes

hahahahaha ^^^^^^^ :peace_symbol:

2 Likes

Brother is a ex Sheriff,he knows I make beans for give away and some smoke for myself and gifts he said “They don’t care about you’re little grow room” And sort of laughed at me gave me a look like I’m in my own paranoid fantasyland. He said he never went into a place that wasn not pulling out garbage bags full unless the person did something stupid to get them to come in. Stay small and you’re good from what I can tell. (varies per state I am sure)

2 Likes

They can look for the cycle and there is a big difference in a steady load like an led and an AC

Ok so my A/C is 1200w and pulls 5.7A from the wall. My LED is 660w and pulls 2.6A from the wall. How does the electric company know what electric goes to which device? They both run throughout the day. Again, they don’t care what the electric is used for as long as you pay your bill.

As other have mentioned, in a world where everything seems to be using more electricity it’s increasingly easier to hide the ‘electric component’ of a small grow. Also, most of the time the people trying to catch criminals don’t care about your little closet grow. The people who catch criminals are looking for busts in the millions of dollars. They don’t care about the 12 ounces you grew at home. Small fish for them.

Stay smart.

If you connect two of these together so that they power each other (one powers the other, which in turn powers the first) and then connect to a proper transformer or breaker which can handle an amperage load, the useage reading at the power meter is zero (as is your cost!).

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

I’m sure your power bill suddenly dropping to zero would be even more suspect to the power company than paying $1200 a month.

4 Likes

this is correct

2 Likes

Oh no they’re going to find my 300 watts!

2 Likes

please don’t advocate hooking up stuff without having done it. Some fool is liable to try it without a resistance load and blow their asses up. Short the load side of a transformer (they have one stepping down the voltage to your home) and current goes to infinity. Not a result you want to witness.

6 Likes

you ever hear of a smart meter? THey have been deploying them for well over a decade.

1 Like

My TV runs 150w. Before I changed my chandeliers to LED they ran 480w.

My 300w is a funny joke.

3 Likes

I grok. It’s cool. :+1: I read and approve of most of what you write, right lol

3 Likes

Shit my dehumidifier pulls 5 amps (I don’t use it)

It’s pretty easy to say a small grow will go unnoticed and I assume most would agree. The OP also said what about an entire 2 story house grow. That is certainly going to use a ton of power, likely more than anyone else in the neighborhood. Power companies likely have a system in place where the computer sees patterns or excessive usage and points those issues to a person at the company to look at.

2 Likes