Cannabis Current Events (Part 1)

Cannabis tech is developing well. Give it five years we’ll be light-years ahead of where were at now.

1 Like
2 Likes

4 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

I find it notable that a business oriented publication would feature
this story.
Times are changing indeed.

3 Likes
2 Likes

it’s official - there’s only 10 stores open but “legalization” has already jumped the shark! This is ridiculous - my old neighborhood in Boston. A popular microbrewery and restaurant with a bowling alley will now be “Core Empowerment”, a corporate weed store with a 6,000-foot museum where people use to bowl together in the basement.

Curaleaf is the Russian banking oligarch’s corporation. Will anyone go in these stores? To pay double the underground price of weed? Seems hard to believe. Going to “Core Empowerment” to pay $450 per ounce of weed - just don’t see it happening

3 Likes

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2019/04/01/trulieve-settles-doh-over-number-dispensaries-can-open/3329559002/

2 Likes
3 Likes

People talk about how Republicans are the ones blocking Cannabis Legalization. Here is a perfect example. Democrats have control all of NY Government for decades, but he is going to “try” to get it done. Hell, they have had a super majority for at least the last 10 years, so nothing Republicans could do could stop anything, but it’s their fault.

How about California. There hasn’t been a Republican running anything since the 80’s (yes I know… not Republican) The Democrats have had a “super majority” in both houses, since the 90’s, again, nothing could be stopped by Republicans. How did we get both MMJ and Legalization? By ballot initiatives, bypassing the government

6 Likes
1 Like

still reading the article about Medmen - the other shoe is starting to drop, mega-failure of these corporations is looming:

MedMen’s problems also point to bigger issues in the legal cannabis industry — especially in California and Massachusetts, which have heavily regulated and high-cost markets…

Even worse for legalized operators, cannabis consumption is concentrated among a small group of heavy users, the 1-in-5 users who get high every day. Because they use so much, they are price sensitive and appear happy to buy through black market suppliers.

“Lots of people came into stores,” Adams said, speaking of the California market — though not specifically MedMen. (BDS does not comment on specific companies.) “They took a look at product prices, especially the heavy using, long-time consumer, and they said, ‘I know what the right price is, and that ain’t it.’”

4 Likes

“medical marijuana provisioning centers”? are we going camping? :smile: what nonsense

2 Likes
1 Like

The Countess of Cannabis Has a Hole in Her Head and a Job With Canopy

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2019-04-01/the-countess-of-cannabis-has-a-hole-in-her-head-and-a-job-with-canopy

1 Like
1 Like

she prosecuted & jailed her own people to make her career - now they want us to buy weed from her at $450 per ounce - I hope the community has the sense to boycott these stores…

When McNamee was asked about the fact that she and Linskey were in law enforcement when pot was illegal, while St. Fleur was a state rep., McNamee said, “All of us have been involved in public service — we understand the impact the War on Drugs has had on communities. If you read the law closely, that’s what it’s looking for.”

4 Likes
3 Likes

This is some bullshit

2 Likes