Cannabis Current Events (Part 1)

Is the Show ‘Cops’ Committing Crimes Itself?

Along with the show’s history of coercion and complicity in abuse, Police Departments featured can effectively make “any changes they deem necessary.”

We also discovered alarming trends within the show’s structure, not just its production process. After screening 846 episodes — collecting over 68,000 data points on race, the type of alleged crime depicted and arrest rates — we found despite the great crime decline in America since the show premiered, over a third of all arrests on “Cops” are drug arrests, three times the percentage of drug arrests in real life, according to F.B.I. data.

“Cops” first aired at the height of the War on Drugs, and as that war raged, the show promoted it with such success that some of the officers who appeared in those early seasons were arguably the first to achieve reality-show fame. One officer, John Bunnell, who ran a Portland, Ore., drug unit, remembers suspects, in cuffs, asking for autographs. (He also remembers “Cops” cameramen carrying their own guns to raids, serving as, in Mr. Bunnell’s words, “special deputies.”)

But even as lawmakers have begun to rethink the efficacy and the societal costs of the drug war — even as a Republican-led Senate and a Republican president have passed criminal justice reforms into law — “Cops” still glorifies the drug war. In the show’s 2016-17 season, 44 percent of all arrests were drug arrests, mostly for low-level offenders.

4 Likes

Abundant laughter shook the room when a speaker went over Missouri rules on what happens when a legal home cultivator grows more cannabis than the quarter-pound allowed each month.

Patients and caregivers are obligated to notify state regulators of their excess marijuana, so they can be issued a written permit to transport it to a local dispensary for destruction.

https://www.news-leader.com/story/news/local/ozarks/2019/07/03/missouri-medical-marijuana-amendment-2-patients-grow-weed/3745937002/?fbclid=IwAR2s8sq2SKbR992MTgnuF808RZLefPqDwcHiJhgvd4DbJ9fz0MDW_Nfe41g

3 Likes

it’s amazing, it really helps white people understand what racial minorities have dealt with. We still have a huge bulls-eye on our back for discrimination - just for touching an herbal plant! We have to be double-checked and verified and enforced-on…because it’s “marijuana”. You just can’t trust “marijuana” people!

5 Likes

Plants in the pics look long dead and neglected.

Hmm

4 Likes

The old bypass the meter trick. Now it’s more serious than the grow for charges.

3 Likes
3 Likes

https://cannasos.com/news/hot-news/the-worlds-first-marijuana-mall-opened-in-colorado

2 Likes

:clap: amen

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like
5 Likes
5 Likes
7 Likes
4 Likes

Editorial: Bungled hemp law should pave the way for real marijuana reform

https://www.statesman.com/opinion/20190705/editorial-bungled-hemp-law-should-pave-way-for-real-marijuana-reform

4 Likes
5 Likes

Motley Fool has always been harshly anti-cannabis for some reason…vested interests probably

4 Likes

The researchers do not suggest seniors should rush out and start using marijuana. “I don’t want to encourage anyone to use cannabis in any form based on this study,” Zimmer says.

It’s so funny…scientists must always pledge allegiance to Pharma and the ruling class, lest they lose their credibility…and possibly funding stream. It’s OK…we know how to recognize the shout-out :smile: Cannabis is amazingly non-toxic and heals elder brains! But DON’T say I told you to use it! :smile::smile:

it does remind me of how Jackie Chan and other Chinese stars refuse to say anything about the Hong Kong rebellion.

6 Likes

Cannabis has kept me alive for the last 26 years since my quad bypass at age 39. My weed keeps my bp down and has kept my wife and I healthy with no meds. I suggest everyone just grow their own indoors and keep it on the sly.

I provide medical seeds at reasonable prices. We guarantee delivery and shipping is tracked and free. Please just email me if in USA and U want reliable genetics. My bubblegum crosses will provide you good yields of delicious medical marijuana for many years to come.

Our seeds are regular seeds but good for breeding, crossing and seed making.

Don’t be fooled by hype…contact me directly for seeds at bogland72@gmail.com and ask about current seed offers. We deliver and have deals from one pack of 13 seeds to bulk purchases. We can work with you and advise which strains would be best for your plans. Thanksz, BOG.

8 Likes

:hugging: :thumbsup: And me three…

If I had the bread I’d buy your whole line @BogSeeds.

When/what was the last non-BOG strain you’ve grown?

Would you try growing an Overgrow member’s creation? :pray: :sweat_smile:

:v:

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

Drug addicts?
Freedom?

Stupendously pathetic.

4 Likes

Took 'em long enough.

(FWIW- the comments after article are really amusing)

3 Likes