Cannabis Current Events (Part 1)

What’s Jeff Sessions going to do - bust Harborside with the DEA? How’s that going to work out, with the entire California political establishment poised to begin collecting hundreds of millions of dollars in tax revenue?

I think this hostility from Sessions and the Trump DOJ may accelerate reform at the federal level.

3 Likes

Jeff Sessions is a deep-state shit-bird who also refuses to indict Hillary Clinton. Although there are rumors that Huma Abedin is wearing an ankle monitor, as of yesterday.

1 Like

Yes, they’re all on the same team, those Dems and Repubs, don’t ever think there’s a real democracy. Hilary Clinton and Trump will never be prosecuted for anything. They’re all actors on a grand stage with the puppet strings being pulled by the same controlling families. They all wear the same business suit costumes.

Will the feds bust the medical dispensaries that are owned by Goldman Sachs exectives? I don’t think so.

3 Likes

I’m worried, if they come down hard on California me and a bunch of other nobodies will be sitting in jail eating shitty food and fighting for floor space while the royals argue over who gets what taxes when it does get legalized. Everything is happening too fast and the top families feel left out of the big money. This is all probably a stunt to slow it down so the top players can reposition. If they start busting medical then the fight will get big and ugly.

2 Likes

Unless you are a big, commercial operation, they won’t even see you!

2 Likes

Nothing official has been announced, for what it’s worth. That said, fuck Sessions. It also sounds like the policy change is that they’re giving federal prosecutors in the states “broader discretion” for pursuing marijuana-related cases: at least in theory, a federal prosecutor in CA could use their discretion to pursue no marijuana-related cases… but then again, it’s probably someone appointed by Sessions and rubber-stamped by GOP house+senate.

Anyway, it’s good to see some GOP folks calling out Session/Trump for flat-out lying to the American people and their own party:

… and for unrelated reasons other GOP folks are calling for Sessions to resign:

4 Likes

The absolute store bought monkey they would replace Sessions with would be 10x worse. These people should be thrown out on their ears. Then fire Sessions.

99%

3 Likes

Here’s the Sessions memo:

https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000160-c219-dcd4-a96b-f739f1ee0000

… boring legal nonsense. Associated Politico article is better, though doesn’t give much more information than any of the above articles – just a little less click-baity:

4 Likes

the more I read about it, the more it seems insignificant. It doesn’t sound like federal prosecutors are going to do anything different. It’s just a bunch of hot air.

Obama didn’t do much for us anyway. He didn’t re-schedule cannabis or anything, the Cole memo was never more than a temporary gesture to be changed by the next administration. Raids on MedMJ soared under the Obama administration, I think 3-4 times more raids than W. Bush.

IMO, the DOJ doesn’t have the balls to try litigation against the states for cannabis. They’re going to lose that battle and that would help us. There was a window in 2012-2013 when this was feasible but it’s too late now. As soon as the feds allowed Colorado’s law to proceed - with no residency required to buy herb - the game was over. They admitted defeat.

6 Likes

I hope they crawl back into the muck hole they were spawned in.

3 Likes

Good news! Growing your own herb in Vermont could be legal by next week - it’s a done deal this time. Only 6 plants but it’s definitely progress - the first state legislature to Repeal - the House passed it today, the Senate and Governor say they will approve it as well:

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/story/news/politics/government/2018/01/04/vermont-house-vote-marijuana-legalization-thursday/1003206001/

http://www.mychamplainvalley.com/news/vermont-house-votes-to-legalize-the-possession-of-marijuana/902426883

5 Likes

Jeff Sessions peed his pants when he read this.

99%

6 Likes

I can only assume that Jeff Sessions will not be visiting Vermont any time soon!

4 Likes
3 Likes

Just more noise from this impudent little prick. He’s on his way out. No worries.

2 Likes

The Keebler Elf is a confused little shit.

3 Likes

Wow.
This is a bizarre piece of political analysis (of Sessions latest proclamation regarding reefer) from a very far right perspective.
After spending an inordinate amount of space demonizing cannabis with hyperbolic falsehoods, the writer concludes that the hapless buffoon, Jeffy-Boy, has no possible chance of turning the tide on the tsunami of support for legalizing weed.

On pot crackdown, Jeff Sessions won’t win

3 Likes

Like when a Major News organization calls it right.

4 Likes

5 Likes

What a hapless bozo Jeffy is!

Backfire!

Hahahaha.

3 Likes