Cannabis Current Events (Part 1)

3 posts were split to a new topic: Dennis Peron RIP thread. Pay your respects here

wow $600 for an ounce is frigging insane i wouldn’t even care if it was the best weed in the world, how can they even try and justify that when growing is legal? i imagine there’ll be an abundance of people who would beat those prices …

2 Likes

Well, well.

This made me thirsty…

4 Likes

Of course, cannabis use does have its own long-term health effects, mostly related to smoking rather than the THC itself. Without comprehensive data on how cannabis reduces long-term liver damage, or the long-term effects of cannabis consumption on its own, you probably won’t find your doctor recommending weed as companion to boozing just yet.

What long term effects are they talking about other than humans enforcing their views on you. Without the human element anyone can safely use cannabis as a preventative measure safely. We have been for generations.

5 Likes

Here is a very good op-ed from today’s
Los Angeles Times.
Unlike the author, I never stopped smoking ganja (except for my tolerance breaks).

Favorite quote from piece:
Tending the garden, buzzed, takes on a new poignancy; I am sometimes brought nearly to tears by the cycle of life.

Being a geezer myself, I found the article to be highly relatable.

6 Likes

4 Likes

“I no longer have kids to pick up at school or drive to baseball practice. I don’t go into an office that requires me to maintain productivity, concentration or demeanor. I have come out the other side of my own chore-filled era of obligation, and once again, I have a lot of unsupervised time. No one is watching, judging.”

That’s what I call Livin’ the Dream! :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

i guess it depends on your job but i’m sure there’s people in all industries excelling not in spite of but because of cannabis usage! different strokes i guess

2 Likes

I know I did throughout my career. I do enjoy being the master of my time instead of someone else these days.

3 Likes
3 Likes

This is a good article describing the forthcoming, inevitable battle for freedom.
It seems to me now, that the tide has turned, and legalization is inevitable.
The sooner the better.

Battle over legal marijuana: a monumental moment for states’ rights

3 Likes

Well, well.
This is quite funny.
Sort of sad also.

Excerpt:
“He was up in a tree. Up there with the birds,” a police said.
Hahahaha.

2 Likes

Way pathetic. Wonder how that will look on their records, lol.

99%

3 Likes

6 Likes

This is an excellent article which exposes the closed minded ignorance of the anti cannabis crowd.

3 Likes

California “Legalization” = bullshit fascism

4 Likes

interesting - don’t get too excited about the domestic cannabis industry - it could be following cut flowers to Colombia in the next 5-10 years

4 Likes

I am disappointed but not surprised.
Watch other Mayors/Cities do the same.

Mayor Introduces Marijuana Growing Ordinance

The mayor of a Vermont city is proposing an ordinance that would require residents who grow marijuana to obtain licenses.

Jan. 30, 2018, at 3:05 p.m.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/vermont/articles/2018-01-30/mayor-introduces-marijuana-growing-ordinance

2 Likes

I have always considered Bloomberg Business a reputable, accurate source.
But I have to say, this piece has me scratching my head.

In the article (cited source) is a link to a high-tech grow product…the manufacturer is currently taking “pre-orders” …I can’t find any mention of a tentative shipping date.

Huh?

Is New York City really the largest consumer of cannabis on the planet?
They do use the term metropolis, so maybe.

Anyway here is the article:

Marijuana Mapped: the Price of Weed Across the U.S.

https://www.bing-amp.com/c/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2018-01-30/marijuana-mapped-the-price-of-weed-across-the-u-s

ETA
There is an old thread regarding the dubious
Seedo:

2 Likes

OK, I get it, for less than 6 plants you need to get a license and register - more than 6 you don’t register. Works for me! Assholes.

Will have to read up on the VT law that passed - this type of local ordinance may not be legal, it’s not allowed under Mass. law, maybe the Vermont attorney general will shoot it down

2 Likes