Cannabis Current Events (Part 1)

Like I said …the police are acting on complaints from people who want to feel safe in their own neighborhoods. The stats show arrests match complaints in both black and white neighborhoods. Every cop is not a racist despite the bullshit Soros funded BLM thugs want you to believe.

Also note the higher number of pot arrests in high crime areas. This is due to increased patrols and extra vigilance by the police. They also happened low crime rate white neighborhoods…because of complaints.

2 Likes

@ray That’s not what the data said at all…

"In Brooklyn, officers in the precinct covering Canarsie arrested people on marijuana possession charges at a rate more than four times as high as in the precinct that includes Greenpoint, despite residents calling 311, the city’s help line, and 911 to complain about marijuana at the same rate, police data show. The Canarsie precinct is 85 percent black. The Greenpoint precinct is 4 percent black.

In Queens, the marijuana arrest rate is more than 10 times as high in the precinct covering Queens Village as it is in precinct that serves Forest Hills. Both got marijuana complaints at the same rate, but the Queens Village precinct is just over half black, while the one covering Forest Hills has a tiny portion of black residents.

And in Manhattan, officers in a precinct covering a stretch of western Harlem make marijuana arrests at double the rate of their counterparts in a precinct covering the northern part of the Upper West Side. Both received complaints at the same rate, but the precinct covering western Harlem has double the percentage of black residents as the one that serves the Upper West Side."

(From the NYTimes article that started the discussion.)

1 Like

The article I replied to was a follow up to that NYT piece.

So you told me I was wrong then quoted a completely different article to prove it. Got it…

I’m sure I have a much different perspective on this issue than most here. I have lived and worked for years in minority neighborhoods with high crime rates. For a short time I even policed some of these neighborhoods. The NYT, liberal and conservative think tanks, whatever your source… they are selling a narrative of division. Sorry I don’t believe their is a big racist conspiracy among all police.

Is the justice system fucked…Sure is, but it has nothing to do with skin color and everything to do with the size of your wallet. Ask OJ what a team of expensive lawyers can do for you.

You can’t ignore that the first article exists because you don’t agree with it.

One more time, since you’re clearly skimming it.
“Brooklyn … Complain at the same rate
“Queens … Both got marijuana complaints at the same rate
“Manhattan … Both got marijuana complaints at the same rate

It’s the arrest rate that changes, not the number of complaints. Ignoring the NYTimes article doesn’t make it not exist, and you’d be hard pressed to argue it’s not completely relevant. I’m not quoting opinion here. This is hard data.

You’re basing your argument on how you feel about cops.

1 Like

heartbreaking story - farmers are getting the shaft because of a clause the legislature inserted during Christmas Break week when only 6 legislators were present.

I think the real estate industry and town government don’t like farms, they don’t pay any property tax and take up huge areas that can be filled with McMansions. And forcing you to overpay for buildings in the industrial park makes them more money.

4 Likes

That is all too true.

I was going to post this story here… you beat me to it👍

The corruption runs rampant. Duplicity, hypocrisy and greed rule the roost

I am some what chagrined in observing the political tug of war unfolding in various
“legal” states.

I will simply keep breaking the law for the foreseeable future.
Probably the rest of my life.

6 Likes

:grin:

Yup, OVERGROW.COM baby!

:evergreen_tree: :evergreen_tree: :evergreen_tree: :evergreen_tree: :evergreen_tree: :evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

This story gave me a nice, warm nostalgic
glow.
Thai sticks in the '70s were astonishingly
potent and tasty.

4 Likes

I hope things go better in Michigan. We enacted a law that banned hosting agreements (municipal extortion) with cities & towns, the legislature made them mandatory. The legislative leadership made a decree that cannabis is not an agricultural product so that farmers are thrown to the wolves of small-time crooked politicians and select and zoning boards, who all earn their living through bribes from the real estate industry.

it should be called what it is - fascism. Very reminiscent of Stalin and what he did to farming in Soviet Russia.

6 Likes

The elite can pay to play and the fee’s and permits (bribes) keep out the competition. It has been happening over and over. Keep the money out of government decisions if you want a balanced and fair government. Kick out the lobbyist and all the other ways our politicians receive their bribes.

7 Likes

Well looky here.

MAYOR BILL DE BLASIO PREPARING FOR MARIJUANA LEGALIZATION IN NYC

2 Likes
2 Likes

Anyone heard from @OGpharmer?

1 Like

great article - good info on organic pest control

4 Likes

He’s been “getting ready” since he promised to help on the campaign trail, and he’ll be getting ready for years to come. People will still face criminal charges for cannbis even though it’s decriminalized, they will just be spared the arrest and spending the day in jail. Everything else will be the same.

2 Likes

police service offering to take out the competition :joy:

3 Likes

New Jersey still can’t figure it out.
What a convoluted, drawn out tug of war.

3 Likes

Why are cities waiting on lawmakers when the people have already decided? Do the lawmakers submit to the will of the people, or does the will of the people crumble under the power of the lawmakers?

3 Likes

Hahahaha!

Can’t make this stuff up!

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/05/24/2-toronto-cops-accused-eating-marijuana-edibles-charged-with-destroying-evidence.amp.html

4 Likes

what a despicable person

4 Likes