Cannabis Current Events (Part 1)

@oleskool830

4 Likes

Very interesting!

Lord Hague said the debate about Billy Caldwell was “one of those illuminating moments when a longstanding policy is revealed to be inappropriate, ineffective and utterly out of date”.
By returning the medicine to the Caldwell family, the Home Office had “implicitly conceded that the law has become indefensible”, he said.
Licensing cannabis for medical use would be a “step forward”, he said, but the Conservatives should be as “bold” as Canada where state-regulated recreational consumption was being considered.

3 Likes

How bout that shit! Apparently it’s the evangelical crowd that has decided that god made it so it can’t be illegal. Republicans are also all about the money. (potential huge tax revenue) Whatever works! :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

5 Likes

Yes! It appears that Quebec and Manitoba will NOT be able to ban home growing. where is ego-man?? @Egzoset

7 Likes

Maybe the spaceship finally returned for him?
Nah, he had a temper tantrum on me over a f’ing Idiocracy meme and he’s gone to the mattresses over it. I’m half expecting him to jump out of my bushes whenever I leave the house.

1 Like

He was upset about no home grow, hopefully this minor victory will lift the spirits of the oppressed! The crooked government throws us a bone every once in a while…these fake French-Catholic moralizers of the provincial govt. were exposed and told to sit down & shut up

2 Likes

a-holes

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomangell/2018/06/21/senators-vote-to-block-marijuana-banking-amendment/

A powerful U.S. Senate panel has moved to block an amendment to let marijuana businesses store their profits in banks.

5 Likes

Looks like a job for cryptocurrencies!

But what is being said, sort of makes sense. If the Justice Department is going to continue to prosecute, banks are not going in anyway. Their lawyers wouldn’t let them, unless it was profitable and not politically damaging.

Besides, this way, the lawmaker’s friends can continue to run their rackets for a few more years.

a-holes.

1 Like

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-cannabis/key-marijuana-drug-approval-looms-as-cannabis-goes-mainstream-idUSKBN1JH2H2

2 Likes

Is there a cryptocurrency stable enough to be used as a bank?

1 Like

Great, we found another way to stop people from having fun and making money and having jobs:

https://herb.co/marijuana/news/denver-pot-tour-buses-my420tours

5 Likes
6 Likes

Wow. Embalming fluid?
Hard to fathom this bizarre, self destructive behavior.

Of course, let’s blame the reefer!

https://www.wfla.com/1251792387

4 Likes

This is a tragedy @Muleskinner. I will face this hurdle in my life sometime in the future. I’m scared shitless at the prospect. Only the “elite” get timely transplants. Your eligibility status is based on your ability to pay. So, I’m screwed. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

sorry man, what organ are you expecting to fail?

1 Like

Liver. @Muleskinner. I had hepC and was cured of the virus in 2002. Hep C has no symptoms and apparently I might have had it since the 70s so significant damage was done to my liver. I have no restrictions now, except not to drink, but I confess I have about 4 beers a month. That’s why I try to “enjoy every sandwich” and make the most of every day. :cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

we’ll have to think positive and pretend you’re fine, sounds like your liver might be fine. I also keep alcohol to 1-2 drinks per week because I took non-steroidal anti-inflammatories for 10 years, who knows what happened to my liver and kidneys, it nearly destroyed my GI tract - do NOT take NSAIDs is my general message to the public :grin:

5 Likes

Yeah the NSAIDs are like poison to the liver. I take prednisone for a freaky condition called PMR. (Polymyalgia Rheumatica) but no NSAIDs. Getting old is not for sissy’s my brother. Thanks for your interest. It’s comforting. :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Yea, me too. Found it in '95. Did 6 months of Interferon(3 shots a week) and levels got down to near normal, then in '03 it flared up again and i did 48 weeks of Interferon II (1 shot a week) & Ribavirin and now no signs of the Hep C for 14 years. My liver took a pretty good hit too, so now it’s “Live every day as if it were your last, because some day it will be.” Hope everything works out for you.

2 Likes