Chat room (let's chat!) šŸ’¬ (Part 3)

I enjoyed the videos. :+1:
Yeah, I would love to be able to do that. Wasnā€™t Cousteau crippled and diving got him back on his feet?
All that looks like therapy for body and mind. It would be so cool.
I love how comfortable those turtles were with you being right up with them. Their like ā€œSuup? The salad barā€™s great broā€. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That sounds like a interesting cross have you grew it before?

1 Like

Turtles are cool with people, as long as people arenā€™t chasing them while swimming, they pretty much ignore us. I think when someone swims towards one thats swimming in open water it gets the feeling its being preyed on, and ZOOM! Itā€™s gone in a flash.

When they are tearing into sponges (the majority of their diet) they donā€™t even pay attention to divers, you can even grab a piece of sponge and feed them, though watch your fingers. WAY too easy to lose one.

Thats another trick. To spot turtles, look for a group of angel fish (big ones) like the Grey, French or Queen, they usually congregate in small groups picking up the scraps a turtle is sending flying as he eats. Swim over to the angel fish and 80% of the time thereā€™s a turtle there eating. Otherwise you see single fish, or mated pairs swimming together. So a group of them is a big signā€¦

1 Like

He was an ā€œinterestingā€ man. On one side, he brought the oceans to our living rooms. Many of the reefs in Cozumel were named by him.

On the other sideā€¦ He catalogued species with dynamite fishing. Very destructive practice. He also led a double life with two families. One in France I believe, and one in the US. And supposedly was a bit abusive. When you talk with divers, there are two harshly divided camps on Cousteauā€¦

But I still respect him for bringing awareness of the oceans to the world, even if he did it in a destructive manner. We didnā€™t know back then, what we know todayā€¦

2 Likes

Alrightyā€¦ Just rolled up a fattyā€¦

Why is this news?

Got a drug test this afternoon. ROFL. Didnā€™t smoke today yet. AFAIK, they donā€™t test for THC, but who knows. Amazon DSP driver.

Be lighting that shit up on the way homeā€¦

Frankly Iā€™m not worried, but will be pissed if I fail for THC, in a recreationally legal state.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s the way it is in the equine industry. There are a lot of greatly respected trainers from past generations that ā€œbrokeā€ horses. Sometimes they used methods that a trainer now wouldnā€™t think of doing. Thatā€™s just how it was back then and we, as trainers, evolved our methods to, I think, create a better mind and willingness to bond with their owners.
Like I said though, they built the business that kept people into horses even after their demand as workers declined. If not for the pleasure riding industry, horses would be a rare thing to see out in the fields.

2 Likes

That certainly changes my perspective on him.

1 Like

The trick is tying the dynamite on the string.

What do yā€™all watch while trimming? Iā€™m watching Dahmer which has been so good but Iā€™m on the last episode. Any Netflix suggestions??

1 Like

Battlefield Earth. Itā€™s a tradition for me.

4 Likes

What a masochist.

3 Likes

The trick is to watch it as a comedy and itā€™s instantly transformed.

4 Likes

Well, James Audubon killed and stuffed his bird specimens before drawing them. Folks didnā€™t much care about stuff until they started caring about stuff.

3 Likes

:joy::joy:

I remember when the rainforest was the big thing.

2 Likes

We see the outcome of all of the destructive practices, just got off the lake, a large one in NYā€™s Adirondacks, fishing alongside the loons and blue herons this morning, bald eagles in early afternoon. With the clean waters act we have allowed the bald eagles to return, they are sure majestic to watch. So I imagine being with Cousteau and he lighting a stick of dynamite and handing it to me, saying, ā€œYou gonna sit there or you gonna fishā€

1 Like

It, kinda, still is. :wink:

2 Likes

Itā€™s just a lot smaller now.

2 Likes

I think at this point that movie is watching you as a comedy. I donā€™t do much better though; I watched Godzilla '98 the other day JUST BECAUSE.

:man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Also a hilarious comedy. But I think Iā€™m switching to Westerns. Theyā€™re longer and just as silly.

1 Like

thereā€™s a documentary on Dahmer on Netflix came out this year as well.

1 Like