Cheap LED Strips : A Viable Alternative

It’s ok I’m pretty shit at describing things :stuck_out_tongue:

@ChemicalDependant Damn I was just about to pull the trigger on this 5 pack and realized they are only a couple inches on each side I think. The one I’m replacing the one side is around 4 ft so guess the search continues. There doesn’t seem to be much on amazon canada atm so I might have to search the billions of things at digikey if that’s even possible haha.

Can anyone tell I’m not the DIY type? :rofl:

2 Likes

I got two options for you. Option one, get the connector without wire attached, and do it yourself. You can get ones with screw terminals so no soldering. Option two is have someone else do it. I’d offer but it’d cost too much in shipping, maybe someone around you can help you out.

2 Likes

I wish there was a more exact way to search for the shit. This is what I got when I was on digikey

https://www.digikey.ca/en/products/filter/circular-connectors/436?s=N4IgTCBcDaIO4EMAuBTATgBzQe2wMwAIBjbAO1JSKWzRAF0AaEAVilAygBYmMPIxmAX0FA

WAYYYY too many for me to know wtf I’m doing. I definitely would like to avoid having to do anything myself, just want to make this as painless as possible if that’s even doable. You would have died if you saw me try to tin a wire :smile:

It sucks some products are so much more limited in my country it seems. I would just order it direct from where I got my lights but I was trying to avoid paying high shipping and having to wait much longer if possible.
Pretty sure this is the exact one but I would rather not wait forever/pay more if I don’t have to.

1 Like

That’s actually a fair price tbh. Waiting, eh, yeah.

The only reason to diy is if you wanted to, or were doing a couple/planned to repair again.

2 Likes

Damn, I was just about to buy it but shipping is $56. I’m sure it’s a glitch as I’ve had that happen before but still.

Been searching on digikey for awhile. I’m sure they have them somewhere but they have so many products it’s pretty hard. Especially without a way of making it more specific.

The connector has yczx and the last one I cant make out either a t or a weird f. Tried searching and couldn’t find it still.

1 Like

Have you tried asking Baudelaire? He has a sponsored thread here for his lights.

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve emailed him I just figure I’d try on here as well since sometimes it takes a day or 2 for a reply.

Edit: and I also think a few people in this thread use the digikey in my country to buy spare parts was kinda hoping someone knew what that part was called. I’ve been searching for a good while now and can’t find what I’m looking for.

2 Likes

How did this light work out for you

1 Like

Light does fine been running 18 hours every day no problems so far

3 Likes

Cool. I been messing around with the idea of making one.

Neo, we are happy to help you with replacement connector leads for your SolStix Rax kit lamp. I’ve emailed you with details.

Our connector leads are custom-made for SolStrip lamps and lamp kits and are rated up to 300w/600v. You won’t find them on Amazon or Digikey.

3 Likes

@neogitus you could always run it over to an electrician… it probably wouldn’t cost much at all to have it wired by a ticketed pro, leaving you with a bit of extra piece of mind while sleeping beside it… you almost had a fire

2 Likes

22 Likes

Love the road signs.

4 Likes

I was about to say the same thing. Good work.

3 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

I’ve heard good reviews about this light on Facebook weed pages

1 Like

I have looked at those. Not a bad looking light.

https://solstrip.com/shop/solsheetz/solsheet-x. I really like this light. Love the way it’s made. Has a nice price. I will be getting some new lights soon. One thing that’s holding me back. Surgery next month. Nothing serious. But I’ll be out for a minute. I have started growing green hair. It really bothers people. Lol

3 Likes

So does that mean the best bet dollar for dollar is just intense high output 3000k leds? That makes everything much easier than I thought.

1 Like