Cheap LED Strips : A Viable Alternative

I just ordered the leds for a 2’x4’ setup. Can someone advise the diameter of the mounting holes I want to order the bolts and nuts. Thanks!

1 Like

I need some advise. I’m looking at these two LED fixtures for my 3 x 3 area. I will probably get 2 of which ever, though I don’t know if I need to. What does everyone think of these and should I get one or two? Just so you know, I have Amazon gift cards to cover this, or else I would probably look at solstrips or the likes.

2 Likes

Tis the season for a xmas light!

What type are you building?

Did you already find something you like on Amazon?

Sorry, I’m an idiot. I forgot to do the links…

1 Like

not trying to throw shade here, but so you know the 1600w is really 200watts and the 600w is really 100 watts it states that in the descrip

3 Likes

they both say full spectrum and both mention different spectrums on board

4 Likes

one you can buy two of for the price of the other , to me that’s a plus even if there equal in watts

1 Like

so to me it comes down to what you think and reviews which is liked and maybe more reliable thne the other

i bought these paid less but so far the work well

also bought the spider farmer at same time

the spider farmer has a dimmer switch, i went to use that the other day when the a/c went out and it failed to work its about a month old , and the dimmer worked when it arrived.

3 Likes

the dimgogo was on sale a week ago or so and had a coupon it was 68.99

1 Like

Yeah, I do. It’s the first thing I look for, the ACTUAL wattage, not what someone thinks it’s equivalent to. That’s why I thought 2 of whichever one as 200 or 400 should be okay for that small of a space.

I found a 400w MH/HPS setup, but I really can’t do much about the heat so LED it is.

It’s actually $75.99 for prime members, so $7 is good, but I didn’t have it last week.

I read the reviews, but I trust the folks on here more than some random yahoo. I know no one will probably have the experience with these exact lights, but probably similar ones or can look at the listing and tell if it is good or not.

1 Like

yeah thats what it was plus a 10 percent or 5 % coupon

1 Like

of those two i would probably go with the philzon because 2 , I bought 630 cmh’s then decided later i should have gotten 315’s more coverage and less heat concentrated, but thats my situation

1 Like

as far as what i bought i am pretty happy so far the plants look good way less heat and electric, but i still run the cmh alongside, those dimgogo they come packed real well and they include led sunglasses as well as the rope pulley thingies lol cant remember there name.

1 Like

How much heat do those 630 cmh’s put out? How do you vent the heat? Also do you switch to HPS for flower?

1 Like

I’m new to led.
When I was researching, I witnessed many growers killing it with those type of leds.

I wanted to be a builder Bob for the summer. Did strips.

1 Like

ok as far as i can tell they put out less heat then hps, but not much there more efficient, but there real thing is there spectrum, if the flower tent i run cmh with 3000 k kr bulbs(red enhanced and a 4200k then the leds, i will look the manufact. told me the heat but i dont remember, i used growers choice they are friendly and you can ask as well.

the heat well its sorta unique to me, i have had numerous heat injuries and they make it so i have a weird comfort range so my house ac is lower then most, then I run at night, cheaper cooler, i use exhaust and fresh air intake in the winter cold here I use a bayite controller to control the cool and heat and the cool is all just fans. my range is 68F to 78F for some weird reason i have some days t hits 80.

so in flower just cmh and led

1 Like

i didi strips first sorta, they were cheap 6500k shop light leds,but they work well for mothers and are so versatile, but thye gave me the confidence to try the others

1 Like