Cloning with Coco - 'California Cups'

Sure, would sell them

1 Like

Send me a message with what they are and a price have a buddy wanting them also location might be useful to determine shipping costs ! Thanks shiska

1 Like

@beacher great tutorial! Thanks for sharing.

How wet is your coco inititally when you put the clones in? I donā€™t clone too much, but when I do, I think thatā€™s the part Iā€™m screwing upā€¦ I canā€™t get anything to root in under 3-4 weeks, even in a bubble cloner. Most things rot or die by then.

9 Likes

Home De Pot sells bricked coco now?! It was cheap to begin with but $3/16 gallons is choice. Is it that Black Magic brand I been seeing there?

2 Likes

I water the cups until a bit of runoff from the bottom, then shake em a few times to get any extra drops out and thatā€™s it. I generally donā€™t have to water them again until theyā€™ve been rooted for 3-5 days or so.

7 Likes

My usual cloning technique is pretty similar but with smaller rockwool or peat pucks. I gave yours a try and I really like it!
I think a few days faster, and with the bigger medium Iā€™m getting more roots. They looked healthier and didnā€™t flinch when I took them out of the humidity done.
Thanks @beacher

2 Likes

I dont use coco but this is an excellent tutorial. Especially for a novice cloner like myself. Thanks for the knxlegde

2 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome, Iā€™m glad it worked for ya! I was also happy with the speed, but even more so by the seamless transition when taking the dome off. I have no idea why that is, but who cares lol

@Kingkush312 thanks, Iā€™ve grown for years and still wasnā€™t the best at cloningā€¦its nice to finally have something simple that works so well

1 Like

hå„½ę£’šŸ‘ęˆ‘ę˜Æäø€äøŖꖰäŗŗēœ‹äŗ†å¤§å®¶ēš„ē•™č؀ēœŸēš„å„½ę£’

6 Likes

Uhh thanks, I think?? :thinking: The thumbs up is encouraging lol, hope you found this useful!

6 Likes

Plugged that into Google translate and it seems to be Chinese saying:

ā€œh is great: +1: I am a newcomer. Itā€™s really good to see everyoneā€™s message.ā€

We are officially global here at OG now! :sunglasses:

10 Likes

I went with Royal Gold Tupur and a sprinkle of MBP. Watered in with pHā€™d water that had some aloe, fulvex and a bit of ArmorSi in it. Roots seen at the bottom of the cup at 14 days. This particular strain/plant seems a bit difficult to root too so quite pleased.

This is the first time I ever tried the extra sleeve. It gives a bit of insulation and less temp swing for the roots. Seems to be a GoodThing!ā„¢ Previous usage of cups I used a little circular catch pan.

Easier to monitor/control soil humidity it seems.

1 Like

Thatā€™s great, Iā€™m glad it worked for ya. I had a couple guava99s that were nicely rooted in 7 days last week. Itā€™s so nice to finally have an easy, consistent cloning technique.

3 Likes

I generally use a tray and 2 x2x4 in square cups in a rectangular dome. But this is fine for singles.

2 Likes

Itā€™s nice with solos because I just leave them in there for vegging or to keep as mothers. I would like some smaller shotglass sized cups for doing multiples though, havenā€™t seen any around yet

2 Likes

Quick question for the coco growers. I have a slab of coco in the garage, but the package was so brittle that it just crumbled and the compressed brick was left uncovered, unprotected in the garage. Iā€™ve heard coco doesnā€™t attract pests, as its inert or somethingā€¦nothing organic to attract them.

Soā€¦
What Iā€™ve done is put the brick in a big bowl of water and microwaved the shit out of it for 10 mins (boiling and a big fuhkin mess). Itā€™s currently cooling, and correct me if Iā€™m wrong, but that should kill anything the coco may have picked up, right? Bugs, spores, everythingā€¦right?
Thanks in advance!
The steam smells of baked sweet potatoesā€¦mmmmmmm

2 Likes

Probably fine. Iā€™ve never put coco in the microwave, but lots of people expand coco with boiling water to kill any dormant eggs that might be in there. I know people using coco for growing mushrooms do it as well.

6 Likes

Lolā€¦Iā€™m 34ā€¦did the shroom thing many moons agoā€¦had a claw bsthub with industrial heatersā€¦pounds for $200ā€¦house would smell like a barn with the sterilizing of substrate. Cow shit gets everylwhere ina fieldā€¦shit, eh.

Fuckā€¦wrong thread

6 Likes

Is that 850ppm of just megacrop? What was the starting ppm? Any calmag and any other products?
Thanks.

1 Like

Tap water at ~150ppm plus straight mega crop for a total of 850ppm. I think about 1 gram per litre.

2 Likes