Dave's Motivational Grow Thread

Starting a new grow thread with the hopes it will help me keep up with my plants.

Ran into issues with PM, russets, and my own lack of motivation which ruined all of my last 2 flower cycles and killed all my clones but a starkiller cut (which is still fighting PM). Decided after 7-8 years of using the same soil I’d clear everything out. Clean up and make a new batch of soil using my mix ratios along with all my KNF, JADAM, and dry amendment mix.

April 6th I mixed up the soil (1cu yd) on a tarp to let cook. It’s coco coir dehydrated with 1 cup IMO2, LABS, FPJ, FFJ, FAA, WCA, and a little bit of humic/fulvic acid to tie up chlorine in the tap water.
To this I added poultry grit (crushed granite), oyster shells, pumice, basalt pumice, biochar, homemade bokashi (made using LABS) and vermiculite.

Here’s what it looks like close up after the initial mixing.

After 1 week of turning and sitting. Turned once a day.

Here’s yesterday (3days after the last pics, same pic with enhancement to help show the myco growth i see with my eye holes)

19 Likes

Here’s the plan. Using the same old flower tents (4x4 and 3x3). 4x4 has my 640w cree led array. 3x3 has 640w double triple slate(6 boards) quantum board array. I have 8 earthbox root and veg boxes split between them. Got some filler clones from my bro to run for smoke while my project gears ups (grease monkey, skywalker, platinum glue x2). These will be going into the 4x4 to be flowered immediately. While those run I’ll be cracking and veggin some omuerta genetics. I’ll be soaking 10 out of the pack, sex testing them, and maybe keeping only one male to make more reg beans. My main goal is to find and cross the two best females and make some R1’s

12 Likes

Hoping for a successful grow this time after all those efforts to build that soil :sweat_smile:, following along … popcorn

9 Likes

Sweet! I look forward to watching your grow :metal:

3 Likes

The important thing is to never give up.

This new batch of soil you’re making is going to be stellar. Can’t wait to see what comes out of it!

:prayer_beads: :om: :pray:

3 Likes

Right. Gotta keep on keepin on. I tried to fix my old soil with IMO drenches and bokashi but the plants I put in freaked the fuck out. I’m pretty sure the soil issue has to do with not running labs in the res of the earthbox so it went bad anaerobic.

4 Likes

Consider using zerotol in your regiment. Couple years ago I had pm and it knocked it out.

2 Likes

I mixed up a batch of JADAM wetting agent and JADAM sulphur. It should take care of it.

5 Likes

Sick baby so haven’t accomplished anything I’ve wanted to. Did however get in fruit trees and put them in pots until they fill then and get planted in the ground

2 Likes

My mix and yours is a bit similar, expect, I can only do indoor growing however.
The biggest difference, would be, I switched over to larger chunk perlite, ditched the coco coir, for coco husks.
That was the game changer for me, in my organic quest. I’m not out to grow the biggest buds on Earth, I do fine with harvest numbers, we are thrilled with taste and smells, from our buds.
I’m just now getting to use EWC’s from my indoor worm totes.
Alfalfa and kelp, release some composting microbes, as the LAB’s enriched water drenches it.
They also knock out foul smells from my kitchen scraps bucket, as we fill it during the week.
Best to you and your garden.
webe

2 Likes

My old mix was pretty much the Cornell mix is my personal amendment mix. I have it somewhere in my other two grow threads. I came up with this coco mix when I was talking to a local soil maker that just started one the LOS path. I figured making IMO 4 and making a potting mix were damn near thr same process so I figured since I make all the different knf and jadam inputs it would be the better route to try.

1 Like

People that have been using my stuff ( ferments and dry mix) have seen a better finished product. So I figured I’d give my latest thought a try.

Glad to hear your getting to use your homebrew EWC. I had a worm farm 360 going for EWC but apparently I’m not as good of a worm farmer and pot lol. I usually use them castings in teas vs top dressing simply cause the tea increase the casting biology by multiples.

2 Likes