Defoliation vs No(little) defoliation

Everything under the scrog net gets chopped off. Then defoliation through weeks 1-4 sometimes I’ll do it later than the 4th week depending on the strain.

Some plants take it better than others… With strains I know and have run many times before I’ll just about kill the things to get them to do what I want. Usually I aim for a cola per Square on a 5x5 net which is possible with a light mover and defoliation.

4 Likes

What?? You go hard on autoflowers, the dude at the store where I buy my supplies always told me to not interfere with autos, I only grew 3 in 2014, they were short af.

2 Likes

Well, I am currently to test it. Based on the growth, I’d have to say that my timing and nutrient feed seem to be ok :ok_hand:

5 Likes

Great work, are those the new big autos?

2 Likes

Thanks @anon27306389 ! These are 4 weeks old today actually. 9-12 week finish time, but that seems longer than I remember.

4 Likes

This is a good debate. I think it all depends on your skill set. I would be terrified taking as much as I do now. The plants will let you know. Different strains want and can take different things.
@nefrella would scare me but I’ve seen her do her thing. I’ve got confidence in what she dose.

3 Likes

BwuahahahahHa - I just punt (well, with backed research :wink: ) And I figure worst thing that happens, dead plant. Lolol.

So far so good!!! :crossed_fingers: @LilJonB

Still alive hahahaha

9 Likes

@anon27306389 everytime I see your avatar I’m like “awwwwwww!!! I :heart: trash :panda_face:’s” which is a good thing they are ADoRABLE.

Those little fingers - squeeeeeeeee.

*cough , I mean, yeah they’re all right pffhhht (*the cat was looking at me with the murder mittens out lolol) :rofl::grimacing::upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Haha, rocket is my cousin, he is well known in the galaxy. :raccoon::+1:

8 Likes

Oohhh trash pandas. I get it now. I’ve never had a problem with raccoons betting in my trash.
My brother always tells a story about when he was walking to high school smoking a blunt and came across a raccoon he will swear it crossed his path and stood up and put his paws out face up and it curled its fingers like “BRING IT!” I’m not embellishing he swears it happened. He didn’t go to school that day.

5 Likes

When they are cornered they will stand up like that. My dog use to scrap with them a lot. He lost a piece of one ear to a racoon. :raccoon:

7 Likes

But the hand thing? I’ve seen them stand. I told him it just wanted him to pass the blunt. Either way it’s my little bro so I gotta give him some shit.
Hey @Floyd you working on any grow logs recently? I was looking yesterday couldn’t find nothing in your activity.

3 Likes

@LilJonB Haha that’s funny, maybe that was rocket before they cast him for the movie.:facepunch::raccoon::facepunch:

3 Likes

I’m planning on just doing a kind of all in one place thread thing. Ill just post whatever I have going on in it. I promised a couple members I would post pics etc. when I grow out some of there stuff. Will happen fairly soon I think. :smiley:

2 Likes

Here’s mine, growing in a Phototron…Matanuska Thunder Head

9 Likes

@PhilCuisine so you didn’t cut any leaf yet?

I’m starting to use the sink and source theory, take a shaded leaf here and there, the plants are looking huge, I’ll update my grow diary tomorrow.

3 Likes

3-22-21 thru 3-27-21

2 Likes

No, I don’t defoliate like some people do…I will be flipping the lights into flowering mode today. I’ve always done it this way and have had no problems with my buds.

5 Likes

A few pics from this evening.
Swiss skunk

Star doggie

Blueberry twist

They’re getting near time harvest they don’t have too long now.

Eta… I’m not big on defoliating but I’m thinking about removing some leafs when they’re ready to let more light onto the buds to colour them up a bit, has anyone tried this?

26 Likes

Your yield and quality would have been considerably better in Star Doggie with some defols in early flower

JMHO

4 Likes