DIY Bloom Enhancer and Ripening Agent (aka MOAB)

In how much water did you do this preparation?

1 Like

you mix the dry chemicals together, and then use at the rate listed in the recipe

3 Likes

then i mix in dry 908,19 and 90,81 and use 1 tsp per 5 gallons ?.
not mixing all in quart of water and re-diluted after ?.
Sorry but my english is very bad.

regards from argentina!

1 Like

yes that is correct, add the combined dry ingredients, and use 1 teaspoon per 5 gallons of water at first, then increase to 2 tsp per 5 gallons in late flowering

3 Likes

Hey my man. From one of your posts years ago. How much of that blend to a gallon of water? Thanks! Hope youā€™re well and perfectly high! Iā€™m experimenting with some MOAB. I remembered getting great results with your mix but lost it in my phone somehow. Have you changed anything or updated? Thanks again.

Blessingsā€¦

:cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

^ this is good advice. In general, adding N in late flower will increase yield and decrease potency. NH4 is a very small molecule and is absorbed something like 3x faster than NO3.

+1 this is the way

@oleskool830

1 gram of 50/50 mix adds these ppms per gallon. With salts, 0.5g/gal of amendments is a good number. 1g/gal is usually the most Iā€™d use.

4 Likes

@lefthandseeds. Should I reduce my base 50% when using the 50/50 mix? Thanks! It was recommended to me to cut my base mix by 50% when using MOAB.

2 Likes

If you are getting all of your micronutrients from your feeds (iron, manganese, boron, etc) you might not want to go all the way down to 50%. That would be the main thing Iā€™d consider. I think itā€™s OK to reduce Ca a bit at the end, because K, Ca and Mg antagonize each other. But the plant really gets K hungry after stretch.

4 Likes

Thanks Lefty! That cleared all my questions. Itā€™s good to have really smart friends when youā€™re a Shitkicker! Take care man.

Blessingsā€¦

4 Likes

I started using KNO3 instead, works better with Dyna-Gro which is weirdly low-K and high-P.

For most formulas MKP/K2SO4 works beautifully. I use it on the outdoor plants, tomatoes go crazy. I also like that the mix of the 2 isnā€™t nearly as acidic as pure MKP. Maybe even 1/3rd MKP, 1/3rd K2SO4, and 1/3rd KNO3 would be real nice. Unsure how theyā€™d interact in solution.

3 Likes

If you want to balance the acidity, you can also use DKP along with MKP. Something like 1/3 DKP and 2/3 MKP is pretty close to pH 6. Equal parts Iā€™d expect to be close to neutral.

3 Likes

image|nullxnull

OKā€¦got it! Now what the hell is DKP? I havenā€™t had so many bags of white powder since the 80s!

5 Likes

4 Likes

ā€œI can get you a toe, dudeā€

1 Like

The toe is paramount but can you just translate the K2SO4 etc. to English for me? In a way a Shitkicker can understand? I might have some. IDK. Thanks brother. Be well my friend.

1 Like

Potassium sulfate

1 Like

Thanks Lefty! That cleared all my questions.
[/quote]

What is DKP? Last question I promise! Iā€™m confident I have some.

Mono potassium phosphate?

@lefthandseeds. Still .5 to 1gram per gallon of water? From wk 2 of flower to flush?

Thanks again!

1 Like

Yeah that amount is true of almost any standard salt when amending to the base mix.

2 Likes

Thank you very much.

3 Likes