Doug Dawson's giveaway thread (Part 1)

He might be on here. I am not sure. It is Good Gear seeds and the guy I know from there is CTG.

1 Like

Happy 420 @DougDawson and everyone

2 Likes

Happy 420 brother :raised_hands:
Mine is just ending sadly.

Oh and I need to send you a message in a few

1 Like

You know, since you put it that way, and it’s just a certain time, I’m going to make some space, and do ‘The Farmer Thing,’ as we call it in the 'ol Pioneer Valley.
Rule of thumb here, no shit, I worked on farms since picking cukes at 11 on the old Polish Airplanes, is crops gotta be in the ground by May 31st.
It’s also the safest bet for cannabis. However, with a soggy October, where PM and bud rot can set in overnight, and spider mites when seen have already done their damage, the earlier start the better.
I like to soak beans April 15. And again around first week of May. The early soak is for lst and supercropping, which I’m learning can be an evolving and continual process, to a point.
Back to PPP. Stand for Pretty Proud Parent?
I’m gonna make some room in the PVOG Patches and keep you updated.
Couple quick questions bro…
First, these look like some very hardy thick beans. @THCeed his Master Bastard seeds are Big Bad Bitches too, and @LoveDaAutos Cap Junky same thing.
These gotta be sanded down?
I think maybe it’s just something you learn from experience. Look at a bean and see it’s requirements.
Anyway, I’m gonna try n run it, I’ll soak three and see how it goes.
Photo regs, right?

9 Likes

If I have a quantity of 1 or a quantity of 1,000 seeds of a strain I scarify the heck out of every seed I grow. The cost of seeds being so prohibitive I am going to do all I can to have a successful germination. What I do is very simple and would urge everything to do it. Take an 8" x 10" sheet of sandpaper, I use 80 grit. I roll it up into a 10" tube with the grit on the inside and then tape it to hold it’s shape. I then tape a piece of cardboard on one end. Project completed. What I do is drop the seed/s into the tube and pour a couple tablespoons of playground sand in with the seeds. I hold my finger over the open and and shake shake shake, when you think you’ve done it enough do it some more. Those tiger stipes are like a stick on tattoo and should be completely gone when you’re finished. The better job you do scarifying the better the odds that seed will sprout.

12 Likes

I just took a plastic jar and turned it into a sander buy using water based spray glue and sand with a few coats of glue and few applications of good white sand bang you got a shakeable container that works very well. :flushed::joy:

4 Likes

I like those ideas. I use an old pill bottle with a sheet of 120 rolled up inside. I don’t do everything though, just ones that are really tough to pop.

2 Likes

150 grit sandpaper for me. But not on fresh or new seeds. I’ve shredded fresh seeds to death accidentally.

5 Likes

I’ve done that trying to knock the ridge off the edge with a scalpel before, just crushed the seed. Nothing sounds worse than that tiny little click noise as it cracks into pieces.

2 Likes

How about I make you one for Christmas :santa:
@ FirstCavApache64 as you are a good person​:sunglasses::facepunch:

2 Likes

Thanks bud. I’m always interested in new tech for germination.

1 Like

So we have our winner for the Sour Grape F1’s and collector card. It’s #43, @Cormoran . Congrats. Send me your info to collect your prize.

19 Likes

If anyone that is not on the call list wants added and more then happy to add you :innocent:

@hollyho @tresbundles @ElGalloBlanco @CrunchBerries @SensiBowl @BeagleZ @LegsMahoney @bassman5420 @AzSeaindooin420 @HeadyBearAdventures @morecatslesspeople @DJSF @chronix @Limeflavouredheadbut @highminwin @BudWhisperer @VAhomegrown @MoBilly @Oldtimerunderground @potpotpot @Pluckyevil @KanehB @BigMike55 @Foreigner @Abbbian @LivingBlackSoil @Greenfingers @Greasy @Dr.VitaminGreen @JaxxMunster @BarefootAndBlazed @HolyAngel @Cartwright @Chiefer88 @AZsensi @VAkish @HorseBadorites @Bobgrows @oleskool830 @Tugthepup @Meesh @Murciano207 @CornbreadJunior @Budderton @NorthNorthNugs @Gpaw @Rhino_buddy @lophophora.ca @Pigeonman @Hapi @Jinglepot @Shadey @JoeCrowe @gonzo @misterbee @thecrazster @no_chem @Terpsnpurps @Mrgreenthumb @Illicitmango @PetalPowerseed @oldjoints @Stoner420 @CanuckistanPete @Big @Sincitytoker @MissinBissin @Andrane @Natea @tlander @E5_Wilk @jessethestoner @Groenevingers @SHSC-1 @Spitfire @patsnumone @Jimdoors @calman1955 @keene @ifish @Cyr_grow @420noob @THCeed @Sbeanonnamellow @Habibi @Big_Yeloe @HappyTrees23s @Yetigrows @blowdout2269 @Hellablaked @DonGnosis @Cannaology @Smooth @Draig @SleepySails @FirstCavApache64 @anonymous4289 @Kgrim @Carl-Spackler @Mr.greenbee @Pawsfodocaws @Mrgreenthumb @Wuachuma @calman1955 @Lady.Zandra63 @Gnome1 @RadioWaves @PeaceCoast @Yetigrows @djtrip @Weednerd.Anthony @scotchlock @CamTheCannaman @Metz2 @Hippiechik @Cannabinoid @Cadizzles @MonsterDrank @zavorotnuck @Butustank @BuckeyeBeanz @tbone1 @mota @splinter7 @skip @heavenlygoo @iceman @FeloniousMonk @Tuned @Adventuretime86 @duo @Ottafish @icky_sticky_og_nicky @DiRtYSkuNkZ @Pannonian @ChefDGreen @Ris @LoveDaAutos @amumayuk @freed111 @SaintAliasKnife @GrouchyOldMan @beneficial @mike28086 @Kasper0909 @GreenBhoy @NoCal @hermit @STIGGY @ColForbin @tamimes @OhNo555 @allotment @freed111 @OGBohab @dracodragons
tenor (3) .

10 Likes

Since so many signed up for a shot at my Sour Grape seeds with card I am going to offer up another pack for this round. Sign up below for your chance. Good luck everyone.

1. @Gonzo
  2. @Kronnkk
  3. @Smooth
  4. @mota
  5. @BudWhisperer
  6. @ix3u
  7. @blowdout2269
  8. @JoeCrowe :canada:
  9. @Kgrim
  10. @Mrgreenthumb
  11. @killabud
  12. @mike28086 :us:
  13. @cannaology
  14. @illicitmango
  15. @MonsterDrank
  16. @HumblePie420
  17. @Ghgrower :us:
  18. @Bizzaro
  19. @Tlander :thailand:
  20. @anonymous4289 :us:
  21. @OhNo555 :us:
  22. @CanuckistanPete
  23. @RadioWaves
  24. @donuchee
  25. @ChongoBongo
  26. @DiRtYSkuNkZ
  27. @jessethestoner
  28. @Sdd420
  29. @503BudMan
  30. @FeloniousMonk
  31. @LoveDaAutos :us:
  32. @pharmerfil
  33. @Jimdoors
  34. @Kasper0909
  35. @patsnumone
  36. @Tripl3fastaction
  37. @GCBudz
  38. @Tugthepup :us:
  39. @splinter7
  40. @Tracker
  41. @Thats_bank
  42. @Natea
  43. @DonGnosis :canada:
  44. @Tuned :canada:
  45. @OGBohab :us:
  46. @cannaloop
  47. @BirD
  48. @BuckeyeBeanz
  49. @herojuana.tom
  50. @Green_Light
  51. @SHSC-1
  52. @420noob
  53. @Tao
  54. @djtrip
  55. @Blackbeard
  56. @dracodragons :uk:
  57. @PioneerValleyOG
  58. @Piter :es:
  59. @GreenBhoy
  60. @m0sirys
  61. @Greenfingers :us:
  62. @Heavenlygoo
  63. @STIGGY
  64. @A-Loc
  65. @unomas :us:
  66. @PineTarBastard
  67. @CocoaCoir
  68. @GuyMontag
  69. @Klocwork33
  70. @Villiager
    Add more numbers as

needed.

54 Likes

You know I’m down for that Sour Grape, but still really gunnin for that card! :crazy_face:
Thanks Doug. :v::slightly_smiling_face::+1:

4 Likes

No likes for awhile, but I Like this! Thanks for the opportunity and good luck everyone!

2 Likes

thank you @DougDawson for this awesome opportunity!

regards,

1 Like

Thanks @DougDawson for the chance at this tasty treat!

1 Like

@DougDawson These are BOG seeds or your menu item?

1 Like

Nice dang win, @Cormoran!

Thanks for all the thrills and spills, Doug!!

Good luck everyone!

In at #4 and I swear I ain’t a seed whore. (I really don’t know what the major malfunction in my brain is. :rofl: )

3 Likes