Doug Dawson's giveaway thread (Part 1)

Here’s 3 Sour Bubble from Doug’s giant mountain of cannabis seeds. Out of the 4 strains I started these are the only ones not showing any sex yet, and are looking a little rough. Are they picky about light or soil…the other 3 are doing fine. Maybe they just need up potting but I was hoping they’d tell me what they were first.
Anyway thanks for the chance to grow them Doug!

20 Likes

lovely garden! and love the pots!

Ive been using as much recycling as i can for pots lol

trying to find ideal size.
unfortunately i dont like POP . . .but i bet 2L pop bottles would work well with the top opened up

good luck with getting what you want from the sour bubble!

6 Likes

Thanks @Calix…been using those for years. They’ve held up well, and they’re slightly bigger than solo cups.

5 Likes

I also have a bunch of yogurt containers like that.
I tried solo cups but always tend to knock them over so I would use those yogurt cups instead. Bit more soil in them and wider at the base so not as tippy.

I was fortunate enough to get some sour bubble from @DougDawson in the fall box and I grabbed some of @Tonygreen 's Sour Bubble Tribute. I want to run them at the same time and maybe swap some pollen between the two seperate lines. Either way… to have sour bubble in seed form from two different growers “and” the seeds were made out in the open on the forums for all to see… that certifies the pedigree… just too awesome

6 Likes

Ya, I’m looking forward to it. Just never had 3 plants of the same strain give me such a hard time.

3 Likes

Unfortunately I can’t really answer that bud. I only grew them in Coco and using GH trio for nutes. I know @Mithridate and @buckaroobonsai have grown a bunch of Sour Bubble, perhaps they can answer that. Hope they turn around for you man, they sure do make nice smoke.

6 Likes

Ok thanks Doug. I think they’ll do better once I up-pot.

5 Likes

Are those in soil?

2 Likes

Normal :+1:SB tend to show sex only after a couple weeks of flower.

Light, no. HID, T5s or outdoors never a problem.
Soil, they like to be fed heavy. The sb soil mix by the phoenix would burn most seedlings/teens.

SB are prolific root builders. Usually they wont grow much until roots are well established. Seeing how yours got some size to them, it could be it.

No. :laughing:

5 Likes

Thanks for the info @Mithridate…I’m usually pretty conservative on feeding until they’'re around this size…so I’ll start giving it to them.

No issues at all with your Sour Strawberry, they look very healthy!

4 Likes

The phoenix sb soil mix for reference :wink:

6 Likes

Thanks a lot…I just put them in Happy Frog in those cups with a bit of kelp and the other 3 strains are doing fine. But the SB is struggling. I have a bunch of Gaia Green ferts and amendments and worm castings I can add and I’ll also get them into bigger pots. I was hoping to wait til they showed sex to transplant, but I don’t want them to get any worse than they are.

6 Likes

Anytime :+1:

Theyll bounce right back, sb is pretty tanky hehe
Only thing sb gave me problems with is mold outdoors. Wink wink

6 Likes

@DougDawson , I did my friday mail run and looky here what this Leprechaun found in his mail box…

Bog Blue Kush pollen !!!
Thank you so much for sharing your Blue Kush journey with us all and I will be eternally grateful for the pollen. More over I will be putting it to good use so it stays in the fridge for now :wink:

20 Likes

Fantastic, glad it made it safely bud. Have fun with it and happy growing :v:

8 Likes

Looking really good buddy

4 Likes

@DougDawson Pollen arrived today as well brother. Thank you so much! So happy to have this in my arsenal now!

8 Likes

Fantastic @HumblePie420 , I hope it helps create something great for you bud :v:

8 Likes

Thank You so very much @DougDawson !
The Zacatecas Tribute x Congo seeds arrived safely at my door in the US.

10 Likes

Fantastic, glad they arrived safely bud.

3 Likes