Doug Dawson's giveaway thread part 2

My favorite carnival ride! They changed the name of around here at some of the fairs. Alien abduction the boys tell me.

1 Like

They were a ton of fun @Pawsfodocaws, I agree.

They have made the same ride with a bunch of names but no matter the name, it’s still a blast to walk on the walls and step over people. Freaks them out, lol.

6 Likes

I never tried that. I was one of the upside down peeps

2 Likes

Im 46 and got in there with my son prolly 5 years ago. He was freaked out when i spun upside down. Lol. Trying to teach him righ you know.:v:

4 Likes

It took some getting used to since the backboards moved up and down but once you got the hang of it the ride was a blast. If you were operating the ride you walked the inside rail around the control booth. I never fell but some did. One guy they called Neuf was drunk and fell one night, took many stitches to put Humpty back together, lol. We used to put the ticket box in the first spot by the entrance which had wooden walls that stuck out into the inside of the ride. When buddy went down he rolled across the top like a ping pong ball and slammed into that wall. The operator hit the emergency stop brining the thing to a rapid halt. Problem was the guy was stuck to that wall on the top of the ride, when it stopped the large metal ticket box hit the ground first and he came down on his face right into it. Lost a couple teeth too but in his case, you didn’t notice, lol.

10 Likes

Ok everyone, it’s been fun. We shall have to do this again soon but for now, dinner is calling. I will get to your PM’s after, have an amazing night OG. :v:

14 Likes

Oh man thats funny shit. Good ole memories

1 Like

IMG_4732

1 Like

That was fun!
Thanks to you and @Barefrog

2 Likes

Doug party over here!
Congratulations to the trivia winners!:call_me_hand:t3:
Thanks Doug. :slightly_smiling_face:

Damn day job.
:laughing:

3 Likes

Hello Dr. Falkon- shall we play Global Thermonuclear War???

4 Likes

At the age of 9 or 10 I was thrown off one of those in an older, very open version of that. I was hospitalized for three days with a massive concussion.

Edited to add a video of a more modern version of the one I was thrown off of. The one I was thrown off of went to a nearly 90 degree angle and had nothing at the top. I believe the rides were altered within a few years after my accident. That would have been like 72 or 73 and I was 9 or 10 when it happened. I was probably way too small for the ride in it’s configuration at the time. Came up with the age after speaking with my older brother.

7 Likes

@DougDawson …I don’t even know where to start when you said Graviton!:)…

That just Rocks…I love it bro

9 Likes

congrats @Zolorp on you win!!! :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

thanks @DougDawson for a chance on some RKS beans!

good luck @ all! :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

Good morning OG. We have a winner for the RKS. It’s #50, @LzBoy. Send me your info to collect your prize.

23 Likes

If anyone that is not on the call list wants added and more then happy to add you :innocent:

@hollyho @tresbundles @ElGalloBlanco @CrunchBerries @SensiBowl @BeagleZ @LegsMahoney @bassman5420 @AzSeaindooin420 @morecatslesspeople @Limeflavouredheadbut @highminwin @BudWhisperer @VAhomegrown @MoBilly @Oldtimerunderground @potpotpot @Pluckyevil @KanehB @BigMike55 @Foreigner @Abbbian @LivingBlackSoil @Greenfingers @Greasy @Dr.VitaminGreen @JaxxMunster @BarefootAndBlazed @HolyAngel @Cartwright @Chiefer88 @AZsensi @VAkish @HorseBadorites @Bobgrows @oleskool830 @Tugthepup @Meesh @Murciano207 @CornbreadJunior @Budderton @NorthNorthNugs @Gpaw @Rhino_buddy @Pigeonman @Shadey @JoeCrowe @gonzo @misterbee @thecrazster @no_chem @Terpsnpurps @Mrgreenthumb @Illicitmango ) @Stoner420 @CanuckistanPete @Big @Sincitytoker @Andrane @Natea @E5_Wilk @jessethestoner @Groenevingers @Spitfire @patsnumone @Jimdoors @calman1955 @keene @ifish @Cyr_grow @420noob @THCeed @Sbeanonnamellow @Habibi @Big_Yeloe @HappyTrees23s @Yetigrows @blowdout2269 @Hellablaked @DonGnosis @Cannaology @Smooth @Draig @SleepySails @FirstCavApache64 @anonymous4289 @Kgrim @Carl-Spackler @Mr.greenbee @Wuachuma @calman1955 @Lady.Zandra63 @Gnome1 @RadioWaves @PeaceCoast @Yetigrows @djtrip @Weednerd.Anthony @scotchlock @CamTheCannaman @Metz2 @Hippiechik @Cannabinoid @Cadizzles @MonsterDrank @zavorotnuck @Butustank @tbone1 @splinter7 @skip @heavenlygoo @FeloniousMonk @Tuned @Adventuretime86 @duo @Ottafish @icky_sticky_og_nicky @DiRtYSkuNkZ @Pannonian @ChefDGreen @Ris @amumayuk @freed111 @GrouchyOldMan @mike28086 @Kasper0909 @GreenBhoy @NoCal @hermit @STIGGY @ColForbin @tamimes @OhNo555 @freed111 @OGBohab @dracodragons @Sense @Villiager @Billybob @MassTerpyy @Sdoyle @Icon @UncleLemur @RiverCityRando @DelDavis @Pawsfodocaws @NDNCHILD @Strainger @Misguided_USMC @seeds2weeds @PatioMat @GEMI-CONNECT616 @LzBoy @hawkman @CaptainNemo @6u3m @OnePassionateGrower @kevinmalone @LowenderMN @percyryan66 @GallacreekD66 @Crawfish @TricycleOfDoom @hawkman @Zolorp @Cybersmib @Not-Notjosh @SubzeroIceKold @Franklin @MyrtleGrounds @imgrowingart @scotchlock @mainerJ @Obski @Til_Valhalla @DEFSeeds @Wizdom @Hippyhop @ThirdStone @AmnioticBaptism @Movement13 @IKEA22 @Movement13 @sunra108 @zezozose @Whatnow @Originalweedman @Trae1170 @XgrimmX @Dannyrawdog420 @j0ebob @Gadarien @Hashton_Kusha @smokekulture @Growgrassblowglass @mox @stiffy @luxton @belleswell @Gumbert @Fortman420 @Chasev89 @bevestaldo @sd9007
tenor (3) .

19 Likes

OK, up for grabs today is another pack of RKS. Sign up below for your chance. Good luck everyone.

1. @Scarlyle :us:
  2. @DirtySlowToes :us:
  3. @freed111 :canada:
  4. @Gadarien :us_outlying_islands:
  5. @Golfnutt
  6. @Dannyrawdog420
  7. @belleswell
  8. @Illicitmango
  9. @Abbbian
  10. @cannaology :us:
  11. @Sdoyle
  12. @splinter7
  13. @punk77
  14. @JOHN1234 :us:
  15. @dingys
  16. @globalhead
  17. @OG619
  18. @hawkman
  19. @Longtooth :us:
  20. @Originalweedman
  21. @smokekulture
  22. @Crawfish :canada:
  23. @Zolorp :us:
  24. @Trickster
  25. @OhNo555 :us: :comet:
  26. @Tuned :canada:
  27. @blowdout2269
  28. @FPunk :brazil:
  29. @Conitl
  30. @luxton :canada:
  31. @IKEA22
  32. @STIGGY
  33. @Sincitytoker
  34. @DiRtYSkuNkZ
  35. @Garcimore :fr:
  36. @DamnItsARunt
  37. @Fortman420 :canada:
  38. @Tao :us:
  39. @Ratbastrd :us:
  40. @BuckeyeBeanz
  41. @MOX
  42. @Jhamersburg
  43. @stiffy :australia:
  44. @RadioWaves
  45. @Piter :es:
  46. @Bizzaro
  47. @BigDaddyDrew
  48. @Trae1170 :us:
  49. @freestyletothis
  50. @Growgrassblowglass
  51. @havens4hawks
  52. @m0sirys
  53. @funkyfunk
  54. @XgrimmX
  55. @percyryan66 :us_outlying_islands:
  56. @HealingHerb :australia:
  57. @503BudMan
  58. @Originalweedman
    Add more numbers as needed
51 Likes

Thanks a lot @DougDawson!!
:v: :hugs: :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Congrats @LzBoy and thank you @DougDawson!!

5 Likes