Doug Dawson's giveaway thread part 2

Thank you @DougDawson

Nice. I put the pollen bag in a bag of rice.

1 Like

congrats @Smooth on your win! :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

thanks @DougDawson for a chance onsome Swakhammer beans!

good luck @ all!!! :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover:

best way to store pollen ? dark place ? frig ?

Fridge for short term, freezer for long term. If freezing, break into smaller packages so you only thaw what you need without disturbing the rest.

9 Likes

What about with seeds? Am i good to keep seeds in fridge for a few years or should i go freezer for anything over 1 year ?

1 Like

I just keep mine in the fridge but some do use the freezer.

2 Likes

Thank you @DougDawson

2 Likes

What’s the age of the oldest seeds u have stored

1 Like

Just make sure they are very dry before freezing if you go that route.

2 Likes

Dry them in the microwave……. Hahah
Just kidding

1 Like

Fridge it is

1 Like

I have no idea. I have received many seeds from others and don’t know all the ages.

2 Likes

Thanks again man, you sent a ton of pollen! I got it broke up into smaller bags. Most in fridge, a couple in the freezer.

4 Likes

Congratulations @Smooth … great win

And thanks @DougDawson for being awesome and @Wizdom …your awesome too!

4 Likes

I have frozen seeds that are 30 years old and still viable. I dry my seeds and then always try to freeze them on one of the coldest days of the winter when we have really low humidity. I live in Minnesota so we are talking about dew points in the -40 range. It works every time.

4 Likes

I signed up for the giveaway, first giveaway ive signed up for in a long time. miss being apart of overgrow, daily life gets the best of me. hope to be around more often and get a nice collection going again. thank you to everyone that made my day before :metal:

5 Likes

when was the last time u poped a 30 year old seed

Um oops how long is pollen supposed to thaw before applying? Lol or does it thaw pretty quick?

1 Like

I’ve heard that you want to take it out and leave it in the closed container that was in the freezer and let that get to room temp before opening.
But I’ve never pollinated anything, besides some dandelions

2 Likes