Explorers first ever grow Journal 🤤

Have you used it so late into flower though? I love the smell of cinnamon anyway so that wouldn’t be an issue I just think powder and sticky buds? :thinking:

Like how do you apply it and I’m in same mind mate I’ve got insecticide and it works really well the Goji OG cuts came with some thrips but I sprayed those so unless it’s took them nearly 2 months to make a comeback some fresh ones have found their way into my tent :laughing: I do only have a little while left of flushing anyhow so I’m not overly stressed about it just make my skin crawl hate the little fuckers :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I have a fluffy artists brush looks like a make up brush I just dust the leaves and soil with it.

It probably won’t matter for these plants but you don’t want to have them starting to make a home for the next one’s coming in.

They probably came in your soil and hatch when conditions are right.

4 Likes

Thankinyou kindly good sir I will add that to my ganja knowledge. Dust em an let em burn :smiling_imp:

But aren’t sure as after these finish my tent is going down for a lil while got a inspection due but I planned on bleaching it anyway as I don’t want hermie pollen on anything I put in there in the future as it’s likely I’ll do a seed run with some these funky strains I’ve now got but that’s a different story :rofl:

3 Likes

That cheese looks awesome mate. :+1:

3 Likes

If you are breaking the tent down, then I would not bother, a good clean out, when you put it back up, will do the trick.

3 Likes

Or he could just buy a new one. I change my tent every few grows. Mainly because the zips tend to fail but if I got a thrips invasion the entire tent would go in the bin just to be sure they were gone :+1:

3 Likes

Ok here’s my address for the next one you bin lol.

My tent is coming up four years old now, it has pin holes every where, but as I only veg in it, I don’t care. I need a bigger veg tent, I looked online but it’s 250$ for a 4x6 I could get a 4x7 in the space. So I was thinking this week, I could extend the one I have 30 inches, to the side, make a wooden box, cut the side open as if you are dropping in a roof box for aircon, and glue the tent flaps to the box with p90 and sandwich it with roof strapping, then tie in the corners with some home made corner patches.

2 Likes

My latest bay6 4x4 only cost me £50 new. For the price they are seriously well made. They do larger sizes also. Check them out @Shadey :+1:

Believe it or not it’s first time I’ve grown it. Blues is so common I can get it for £100 a z but apparently cheese and blues are not the same thing which I can believe as it smells fackin niiice an strong.

Also I just bought the tent for these plants it’s only an 80x80 I usually run in a 1.5x1.5 but I’ll be running my drobe with the lights I got off @anon58740919 next round as I think I’ll struggle with heat over these next few months as I’m struggling now to keep under 28C.

An I know the feeling @Shadey I’m a skinflint if I can save spending I will do but do also get when a tent zip goes it’s less effort to just get a new one, have been there with my 1.5 before was a fackin nightmare an they only cost around the same as an 80x80 so £40ish. I also had same thoughts because I originally wanted a 150x60 as that’s what space I’ve got available but they cost over £100… all because it’s not just a simple square so if you do manage that take pics :laughing:

6 Likes

OK I usually document my experiments, my truck is off the road ATM, I need a 4x8 ft sheet of OSB and some 2x2 the rest of the ingredients I have.

Should be drivable next weekend, hopefully.

4 Likes

Flushing is going well. Not seen to many thrips on my plants either I think @Shadey was bang on they prolly hatched out of the dirt and flourished in the environment. It’s that or the rotting plant stub beside the yardie weed that’s attracted the bugs. Anyway they’re just showing signs of being flushed, the solo cup lowers were already yellowing probably because it’s started eating itself. When I goto work I don’t feed it as much as when I’m here and that is in the teeny cup :laughing:

We are far off from the plants entirely eating themselves but I can see me chopping the solo cup auto sooner than the rest clearly it’s not had the amount of nutes the rest have as it’s yellowing way faster than the others so whatever nutes it did get were used up :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: the bigger cheese auto is showing 0 signs of flush and the yardie bagseed is hard to tell with all the bug bites in the leaves :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Oh and I just thought I’d share as I find it interesting I started with 2 auto pure power plants but I gave one to my friend. So strange how they’re smell is quite similar but they taste different and the colour is wayyy different.

Mine left, his right.

5 Likes

I know it’s a late reply but 82f/28c is fine @Explorer. Mine often hit the high 80s mate. They just need watered more often if your feeding by hand. Invest in a dwc system or even autopots like I did and the higher temps don’t really bother them. It’s the root zone you need to be the most careful with.

3 Likes

I’ve had previous hitting 32C and I’ve found that’s a bit too hot they like to dwindle between 26-30C IMO but I like to be steady at around 27 but on the autopot front my pal has a massive RDWC system that I can have but I don’t have the room for the control box and all 10 30L pots but I have looked into what they call octopots which are DWC but I’ve never ran any full hydro grows so I’m hesitant I’ve used coco from the get go which is like halfway there.

Out of curiosity do you run a chiller for dwc or do you not tend to have any root issues? Like for the RDWC my mate told me I would need to run a chiller to avoid root rot and stuff.

3 Likes

When I ran bubble buckets I used to add a little pool shock into each bucket. It allows a higher water temperature and keeps the algae at bay. Pool shock is basically chlorine powder. Plants use chlorine as a micro nutrient believe it or not so as well as keeping the rez sterile the plants also feed on it. It’s only a tiny amount needs added. :+1:

4 Likes

Depends on conditions. Even in lower temps pythium and algae can be a problem. I used to freeze a few bottles of water and toss em in the reservoir a couple times a day back with my LPA setup.

Nowadays I’m lazy and just use H2O2 or Pool Shock to keep the nasties at bay.

5 Likes
3 Likes

Ha! Inspection is tomorrow! Great stuff so it won’t be gettin a proper flush or getting the right time it’s coming down today :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Mad how grows take hours of prep but doesn’t take overly long to take it all down.

UK Cheese autos

Goji OGs

Yardie bagseed

Got the crop stashed out the fackin way, hopefully all will go well an if they wanna look in my loft I’ll have to fake a heart attack :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

18 Likes

Just say your ladder is broke lol.

5 Likes