Fills 1st. IndoorGrow or the Zen of flying&growing weed :-)

Thanks for telling me, @rooted. I really do watch them closely. The light is a bit less then 2 ft away for the moment. In a day or two I will lessen the distance by about 10 %. Depends of the plants.

I try to read what they need - then I give it to them… The picts above show my plants freshly uppotted and watered. If you look closely, No. 1,2 and 3 are or look slightly over-watered. Leafs are drooping…

This morning thought they look better. Only no. 1 has still slightly drooping leafs… I will post a pict later on so every one can see and learn.

First I didnt notice but I have a seasoned grower looking over my shoulder and giving me good advice. Thank you so much man, you re great !

Will be back soon…

Peace :helmet_with_cross: :om_symbol: :peace:

3 Likes

Here we are - Grow 1 - Day 19. The picture…

6 Likes

The towel is a good idea. My drying cabinet was at 30% humidity and a wet towel wrapped about the intake brought it up to 50%ish

4 Likes

Ok folks - one week later… The picts are from day 26 of my first indoor grow.

Dont bother writing things like oh, how nice they are and stuff like this. It s not helpful for me

I d like you to be critical. They had more vital energy, they looked much healthier before I uppotted them.
Some of them have brown spots, some leafs are twisted and so on…

I grow in cocos. Nothing else in it. Just cocos. I m feeding Advanced Nutrients products. Sensi Coco Grow A and B,
B-52 and Voodoo Juice.

Today all of them received 100 ml of water with a ppm of 773, ph 6.1 and ec 1.8

Your turn now… Thank you all for your feedback !

high times ahead !

:helmet_with_cross::om_symbol:

7 Likes

How long does it take for your pots to dry out?

Ok watertank when you uppotted was the new coco dry? Just quick look(which they are not dying) and your details point me to believe a good phed watering with no food topped with a feed and return to normal program is your answer. Im no pro at all but if coco wasnt moistened evely it will cause salts from any nutrients to build in the dry then releases throws ph off n locks out. A good rinse or saturation at each watering will reduce lockout issues.
You have no bugs or nothing crazy outside the pot going on right?

2 Likes

Also being pale in i would think an s coco line would be good on magnesium and its early. Why are you adding the b52 and voodoo? Usually coco needs calmag but coco line of nutes should have it figured. Straight coco is like hydro. They only get what you give em for the most part. But i havent used b52 or voodoo. Got to see what they are before i say too much

2 Likes

Those brown spots might be calcium deficiency, check this out … :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Got no likes left george but i agree
I hate to jump at calmag when hes got young plants n that nutrient line should be stacked in both if its designed for coco though. I ran the 3 part added4ml calmag per gal once they got going.

2 Likes

Whats your actual feed strength watertank how you mixing ? Not combined ppm. Part a part b ?
ml per liter ect?

@Fill_Watertank
Sorry for the books. I looked up all the nutes. I used to run advanced nutrients but the 3 part ditched em cause i kept needing additives in flower. And i was growing more so 3 liters wasnt lasting through all the plants. I researched n changed to true plant science base a&b. No additives been needed since plus you get 2 gallons instead of 3 liters. And max feed is 7ml per gal not 16ml so overall lasts longer better balanced and was cheaper

The AN sensi for coco is boosted in cal and mag like i thought and supposedly its whole claim to fame is the ph perfect tech allows for best availability of nutes to plant direct. Which i would double check anyways.

What is that ph landing at when you mix? I dont think its perfect. Plus any additive other than those 2 parts changes the ph to not perfect. It said it right on the 3part bottles.
In coco straight it is like hydro. Flood, drain.flood drain
B52 is not needed its b vitamins for stress situations . Light doses say once a week unless you see a loss in vigor or plant struggling( honestly no single bottle fixes that. ) and voodoo juice is microbes.part of a 3 part microbe line of AN
They are good. I ran turantula. But again if not needed just keep a light dose say 1/2 strength once a week.
Add molasses to your feeds. 1/2 tbsp then bump to full tbsp in flower n add epsom for sulfur and mag. Once they hit flower youll be surprised how quick theyll suck that coco dry. Ill be here when you get worried.

You never want your coco to dry. Keep it wet.(well moist not soaked) Every time you water it adds oxygen for your roots too. So more frequent waters= faster growth. Not more nutes. It about More exchange at low levels.
Its going to be hands on. Couple waters per day eventually but thats part of cocos rapid growth.
Im back to my original theory watertank. Your nutes should cover all angles of needs .why isnt the plant getting them ? Thats the question
Id drop the b52 and voodoo. Maybe use them like a once a week tea at light dosage til plants are bigger and have a demand. Then you could up it if you feel the need.

But long story short flood that chit!!

i would not exceed 2 ml per gallon yet personally i would start low strength on them n let the plants talk to me. They tell me what they want way before its too late. Theyll tell you too. You got to talk to em.

Im no pro but if it gets ugly i always start with a good rinse then
Ph a jug of feed just part a and part b
at 1/2ml per liter for your young plants (1/2the reccomended starting dosage)
add 1/2 tbsp epsom salt for mag thatll bring your green color back and 1/2tbsp of molasses to feed the current microbe population youve built. If no nute burn shows in couple days bump feed to 1ml per liter.
( microbes are magic ) but dont waste em.
(you could always do epsom and mollasses as a seperate watering added to your program. ) thats still more exchange.

But Flood that coco.!!!
Put it in tub or something but you want to rinse and feed it.
Dont let it dry anymore. Keep flow of low dose nutes n raise em as paleness shows or plants lose vigor.
How deep are those containers and they do have drain holes right? If i see dry dry coco on top its usually too dry underneath too.

Straight coco id ph at 6.0 flat. But the chart leans at 5.8 Im going to attatch a ph chart for soil and hydro. Thing is coco is neither. It falls between the charts. First look at the hydro chart.
Your ph you been running does it hit all nutrient bars making them available to the plant ?
If not whats outside. I think calcium like george said unless youre phing too low. Then a lot more is out.
I mix coco and soil n people tell me im crazy cause they have 2 different availabilty ranges. My plants tell me coco n soil go well together though

At end your plants are not really showing a big concern. If it gets worse the above would be my actions. But for the record
Im no pro at all
couple years n i screw up still sometimes.

personally first i would just up the fluid exchange n make sure ph is right. Give a week n youll know whats up. If its what i initially thought the added fluid will fix it.
If its a true lockout you must rinse good then reset but i wouldnt jump on that.
And There are many things for sale to bump calcium n all ( dont buy them)
Basic calmag is all you need in that case.
If i had to reccomend one it would be
gh calimagic 1-0-0 that is something you need to have on deck though (calmag)in coco grows.
Again sorry for the book. Hope it helps and i didnt confuse things. If you have any questions tag me ill respond. But like i said im no guru at this. We all learn every day.

Dont worry watertank. Your plants aint gonna die here. Just keep caring about em n theyll come around to reward you soon enough.

4 Likes

Hey @Foreigner, @George and @rooted,

thank you all so much for your support. This is very helpful to me !

I will try and answer all your questions here. Except for the book rooted wrote me :wink: This I will answer separately…

How long ? I frankly dont know because they have never been very wet.

@Rooted & @Foreigner Before I uppotted I made the coco more humid. Like adding water by spraying and working the water into the coco so it was humid but not wet.

Just after uppotting I gave every plant 100 ml water with nutes in a circle around the plant. My plan for nutes is the following:

This is why B-52 and Voodoo Juice…

In the following days I gave them rather little water. Like between 100 and 150 ml.
Then leafs started drooping slightly at every plant. So no food at all for 3 days - for all the plants. Maybe this was a mistake. The drooping didnt get better…

To make a long story short. I do now believe that I did not water them enough. In the 3 days with no water and also before this, the coco in all the pots went dry. Very very dry…

So probably salts from nutes have been building up in the dry cocos…
@rooted I have no bugs or anything the like going on…

Sorry, what do you mean by this ? Will the pots not be much too wet if I rinse or saturate at each watering ?

Here my actual feed strenght. It s the 3rd week feeding. I take 3 ml/lt of Sensi Coco Grow Part A and mix it well with the water. Then I add 3 ml/lt Part B and mix it very well. Then 1.5 ml/lt each B-52 and Voodoo Juice.
I gave 100 ml of this mix to each plant.
ppm was 773 ec was 2.41 and pH 6.1 (Sorry, have only combined ppm)

@George I think you re right, George. This matches the picture… maybe I should flush all pots and start a new with nutes ?

Hope I have answered all question. If not, please repeat the question.

Thank you so much for your help ! You all are awesome !

PS. Just before I put about 200 ml in all pots. Just to wet them a bit… All the cocos was dry as a fart…

Edit: I use 3 pots at 11 lt each and fife pots at 6 lt each
<

2 Likes

Yup. Those babies got some root. Its coco. Get it rocking. I would wet em good then mix up at 2ml per l. not 3ml. They were going to lockout on you. Tha cal and mag is sucked up by the dry coco. So your nutes do have added cal and mag in them already. I looked.
I would water em good n feed em right behind it. Its coco with hps i think too. Yeah buckle your belt.
Flush em phed water then feed em right behind it. Feed em like a flush lotta fluid
at 2ml a 2ml b
Idk dosage on others but just cut that in half or reccomended dosage.

The first rinse is going to loosen the salts(cal and mag) the coco been stealing from your plants you want to rinse that to runoff before you feed.

2 Likes

The b52 is vitamins voodoo is microbes
Just add em at reccomended dosage for stage 1.

1 Like

Watertank from here. Every time you water or feed make sure you get all the coco wet good. Usually best to actually go to i think they say 20% runoff.
Idk i just bury it in fluid i run a random soil coco mix now(whatever i can get thrown together and lot of perelite) but i bury that too. I just do a lot by feel now. So its hard to really detail.

1 Like

Ok had to change to gallons. Youre pots. The bigger ones are 2.6gallon or so. So Definately flood em. Are you keeping the others in the smaller pots? If so theyre going to be demanding a lot more Coco will put out in small pots though. Just gotta keep it wet regularly. Youll see.

1 Like

My first thought is they look hungry - but the question is why. Based on what you’ve said, and that your coco has for sure been quite dry, then I would give a good soak/feed as a solution. See if that works. They may wilt a little with a good soak but that’s ok.

3 Likes

Sorry guys. I m exhausted - can t think straight and must go to bed…

I ll comment more tomorrow. After (I hope) a good night of sleep…

good night and thank you very much !

:helmet_with_cross:
:om_symbol:

1 Like

Very clever. Molasse contains 806 mg calcium, 600 mg phosphor, 283 mg mag, 485 mg kalium on 20 grs !

Do you want me to feed this mix (1/2 tbsp Epsom and 1/2 tbsp molasse) with every feeding ?
When they hit flower I give them a full tbsp of each ? Just to make sure…

1 Like

@Foreigner, @George and @rooted,

This morning it was quite hard to wait till sunrise for the plants. I was curious to see what happened the time I slept…

I was very pleased with the view. Part of it might be wishful thinking but I think they all look better.
No. 2, 5, 6 and 8 are looking much better. Less drooping of leafs. But look for yourself and tell me, if I m right or wrong.

I gave them all 150 ml of a mix of only A and B. Ph was not good. Around 7. I had to bring it down with
pH minus.
This is what I gave them: pH 6.25, ec 0.33, ppm 164

Later on they will get 100 ml each of a mix half tbsp of epsom and molasse…

Friends, I m sure this is the solution of the momentary problems.

Now here some picts… — GROW 1 - DAY 30 —

Thank you for sharing your time and wisdom :om_symbol:

8 Likes