Free Seeds & Free Clones Thread (Part 17)

Good. Moving growmies, hope everybody has agreat day, it is almost 630 am here

2 Likes

I do love this idea for kids, multi faceted approach to responsibility. Very cool

2 Likes

Get some chickensā€¦and your neighbors will hate you.

1 Like

Depends on where you live. Donā€™t get a rooster if you want to sleep in at all.

2 Likes

They really do that shit early AF every morning? @Uprangewilly

1 Like

I believe so. I have only owned hens. I hear the neighbors going off all the time though.

2 Likes

Yeah, when the first light rays hit its balls, everydayā€¦ then at noon, 3pm 7pm anytime his last grey cell make a full revolution around his brain LOL

5 Likes

Yikes! Yep, no roosters for me. :man_facepalming:t2: the waking up at 3-4am days I could have but not currently. It would be stuffed inside a duck before you know it!

2 Likes

I disagree. They benefit from the compost for their gardens and quality eggs for less price paid at supermarkets where eggs tend to be 3-4 weeks old before people buy them. Ever wonder why the egg white runs in the pan like water? Itā€™s because its nearly a month old.

Haha yep, My last rooster would cockado at 4:30am sometimes :joy:
Fortunately, the coop is about a acre from the road and nearest neighbor.

4 Likes

The chicken poo is great for my garden.

Yeah, i tell people I donā€™t refrigerate my eggs and they look at me like Iā€™m crazy. Then I explain that store bought eggs are weeks old. My eggs get eaten within a week, no refrigeration necessary.

And yes, you are very right about the white being runny on older eggs.

6 Likes
2 Likes

Now I wanna try some fresh eggs.

2 Likes

If you do, itā€™s hard to go back to store bought.

4 Likes

Haha yea.I had to get used it.
the chickens leave a natural protective coating on the eggs, that chalky film. It allows them to remain on the counter. I only refrigerate them if I have some poo on the eggs and have to wash them and removes the protective coating.

When eggs were 8$ a dozen here at the store.
Take me somewhere eggpensive. :joy:

6 Likes

Very interestingā€¦. Iā€™m trying to eat healthier, and more natural and I eat ALOT of eggs. Iā€™m gonna look into where I can source them close by.

3 Likes

I know our local Southern States have farm fresh eggs for sale from the local farmers. Pretty reasonable price also.
I also see people advertising on Facebook to sell them.

That picture above is hilarious

3 Likes

WhiteWidow ladies awaiting some pollen , howā€™s that blue kush hybrid with wwā€¦anyone Try gooddayall calā€¦

My neighbors have a rooster who constantly bellows. I dont care about eggsā€¦ I care about my sanity.

2 Likes

Youā€™ll instantly notice the difference. Doesnā€™t run all over the pan.
From the taste to the color of yolk is a darker orange from roaming all those free grubs.
All the while supporting a local farmer. Win Win for both.

2 Likes

I feel for your sanity. Itā€™s irritating if you are trying to sleep in.
I was a nice neighbor and got rid of my first rooster after my neighbor mentioned they heard him real early. Maybe mention it to them. Possible they only wanted him for breeding.

Fast forward a couple months I have 3 roosters now :joy:

3 Likes