Free Seeds, Free Pollen & Free Clones Thread (Part 20)

If using corrugated plastic… Fill very well some holes with toothsticks… Because rollers don’t give a second chance.

I don’t know how that rollers adjust the pressure, but seing the last envelopes that arrive here they must be in “Stampy” mode.

10 Likes

Thanks bro! I appreciate it fully :slightly_smiling_face::relieved:

1 Like

Never had an issue with the plastic cardboard and I don’t pack the voids. Though stuff I use is very rigid and strong, can’t hardly squish it if you tried. Have had more beans cracked or squished in the coin flips personally. Only bad thing about the plastic cardboard is you have to repack for storage once recieved. But I do that with all my seed, so not an issue for me, though some may not like my packing style because of this. I feel I can land more seed for cheaper this way. Domestic I use little plastic viles but that doesn’t jive for international

3 Likes

That was most likely Motorbrerath.
Those have been showing out pretty well too.

@stiffy
Very nice work for a new guy.
Keep it up buddy. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Peace
Shag

6 Likes

Thank you for clarifying.

1 Like

Hey everyone, I’m going to do a giveaway to share some seeds I was just hooked up with from a friend. Check out the wiki here:

3 Likes

@thceed does the corrugated plastic as well. He sent 100 seeds in one letter one stamp. I have only loss a couple but that was when people used weaker plastic without sticks.

1 Like

Well, I have not taken pics of the plastic cardboards that I received, but I can assure that some seeds got crunched. If looked at the “holes” they were not squares, they ended being diamond shaped.

Sad, but true.

I repack all to 0,5ml plastic vials. I made a support for them and to the fridge (someone to water).

That is what I recommend, for security, the sticks.

2 Likes

I almost forgot today to send priority stamps. I’m on it now. Thanks for the subliminal reminder…seed giveaway it was.

Thanks dude!

1 Like

I have used that corrugated plastic before to send seeds and I put small pieces of dowel rods in every other seam to support just in case of the rollers of death. :wink:

2 Likes

Corrugated plastic is my way to go too. So far I never lost a single seed due to any rollers at the post offices. Has anyone ever experienced damaged seeds that way?

2 Likes

I have received in corrugated plastic, but the ends where empty and filled with 4 teethsticks… So that gives extra strenght.
The ones without sticks came in diamond shape…and some seeds crushed.

1 Like

This summer they changed the rollers at my post office and a couple got crunched. But, for the most part, I have shipped about 200,000 beans and only 100 got crunched. I will roll with these odds.

6 Likes

I used to get seeds in that material, still have the packing material from the last pack that came like that… anyway they cut Q-Tips in half and stuck a Q-Tip half in each end of the corrugated plastic.

3 Likes

It is extra protection.

2 Likes

Now you’re speaking my language :grin:

I was talking to two young guys at Walmart the other day who told me they had harvested the last of their deer for the year last weekend. I asked how many they had shot each and they said 6 apiece. Seems like a lot of deer!!

1 Like

I know English isn’t your first language. Toothpicks is the English I know translation can be weird.
I lost a couple seeds one time but it was because they were huge and only a few were crushed.
@LoveDaAutos 6 deer a piece is a stupid amount. I haven’t hunted in 20 years but you get get a buck license and enter a raffle for a doe permit only a few granted, once you get a buck you could get a bonus buck license. The only way I can see 6 being legal is if they are doing a thinning which some places do because we have killed of most predators. So we need to keep population in check according to the government.

3 Likes

That’s my problem right there. :sweat_smile: :joy: :rofl: