Grower13's Spare bedroom farm

what is the light?..

1 Like

They frost can be a combo of things starting with good genetics. Light also, should be some nice frost with the new SpydrX believe this will be @Grower13 first flower run with the light and flower setup, Peace OG.

4 Likes

13 Likes

I had no idea these lights are manufactured in Austin! I’ll be headed that way Monday to check 'em out. When TX goes legal, these Hill Country Growers will rule!

4 Likes

They all look great, do you find that you ever run into problems with 8 different strains and the one Res

3 Likes

I run multiple strains every time with no issues… I’m sure there are some strains out there that might not like my growing style… but so far most love it… unless something unforeseen happens these girls are going to be awesome.

4 Likes

How bout 38 different strains running in harmony? Obviously your not going to run most 100% Sativas and 100% Indicas in the same exact mix and have them both loving life, but the whole rumor that the internet created claiming you can’t do it is complete BS. People have argued with me for years over this, and I just keep showing otherwise and laugh it off. It’s all about ramping PH and making sure every plants get’s it’s perfect range on the weekly.

8 Likes

Good to know guys! I plan on running as many different strains as I can fit in my new room :grin:

All these beautiful pictures are really making me jealous and getting me off my ass to complete my space.

5 Likes

If you want to just walk in you may want to call ahead and schedule it. Pretty sure you would still need to order something ahead of time, as they do not have your typical store front. Illumitex is also close by, but I would be lying if I said it’s wasn’t kind of weird talking about weed with the owners when Texas is so against anything weed related. Cool people at both spots. I flew out from DC last year to see the operations and had to sign non disclosures to tour the places, and I know the owner of Illumitex personally…

5 Likes

Have had as many as 18 run fine together, mainly just stays around 7-8 at any given time on the same rez. All about understanding both the full life cycle of the plant and what its nutritional needs are at that specific time…and just like football you run a zone defense to cover the whole field every play.

4 Likes

Thanks for the info. I planned to call ahead and see if it was possible to talk to someone or see the unit up close. Very impressive but quite pricey. Cost is what has me apprehensive about LEDs in the first place. Patience while technology evolves has been my plan.

5 Likes

Those lights are the third gen of my lights I got a few years ago…stop by the bunker and look at my light, then look at the SprydrX1200 and you will see that is in fact the case. Oh, mine were 1500 each too when I got them…and never had a single problem…I average just over 2 lbs per run [ 9 plants in a 4x4 covered with 1 LED fixture] and the draw on them is 500w but the output is closer to an 1100w HID…so I routinely hit 2.0+ grams per watt…I saw @LED_Seedz hit well over 3gpw on a test run so yes they are almost 2x as good as mine and only 1500.00. :peace:

3 Likes

WOW! Say no more. That is crazy yield! Maybe it’s worth the money. However, $1500 Will buy a lot of HPS. I dunno. If one is growing personal medicine with lagniappe profit, is it necessay?

5 Likes

you could always find out what diodes they are using and build your own. kraven is giving me hope i’ll be able to pull at least 1 pound out of my 4x4 tent though. i have 700w of high efficiency LED but the plants were way overvegged so i don’ think i’ll be able to crank it to full. i’m maxed out about 12" above canopy. we’ll see! i’m getting excited

3 Likes

What about the quad strip led? Sounds interesting in a diy environment.

3 Likes

i’ve never heard of quad strip LED. the thing I like about DIY is it can be expanded easily or built slowly over time when able and customized to meet your exact environmental needs. plus i have more time than money right now :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

https://youtu.be/bQ3hEO83DoA
LED Strips

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/top-emitting/bright-led-strip-lights-16-ft-5m-quad-row-led-tape-light-with-132-smds-per-ft-high-cri-1-chip-smd-led-2835/3658/

2 Likes

Day 18 of flower here on my farm…

14 Likes

This grow looks totally healthy and totally overgrown.

Hat’s off to you @Grower13!!

4 Likes

I had a good teacher… all I do is control the system… the genetics, light, nutrients, and coco do the rest… takes some knowledge to run it… but is really easy peasy once you get the variables down and under control… there’s a few of us here now using the same setup… we change a few things to make the setup work in our own conditions and space… but we all get awesome results every time.

5 Likes