Growing With Mr.Sparkle : 2021

Monday update

Right side doing its thing, front left PRxCD that was the sts sprayed plant was hit with some Darkspark pollen, will do it once more in the next day or two and then leave it. Looking thirsty as there res went dry some time last night so needs a fill, just gave some straight water in the mean time before i mix up a batch.

Also need to up pot that one and the eventual C9D mother and punt them to the top cab.

Looking better, may need to progress into feeding them, though they only got water this morning.

26 Likes

Can I just try it now lol

4 Likes

Wednesday update.

Few leaves were consumed in the res dry out and only water feed, up potted the three plants for the left side as it will allow me extra buffer room when i boot them to the top chamber and hand water them and i get those smaller pots back, the soon to be pollen producing C9D will remain in a small pot till i get pollen from it and then chop it.

One thing im learning is peat based mixes are slower to react with changes or mistakes compared to say coco, also gonna try lowering the feed pH or may do a bit of reading first just that now that the plants have somewhat levelled themselves may be slightly out or range as the feed rate should be good though looks like some deficiencies every now and then.

Right side, up potted 4 plants the perky front right one had 70% of its roots ripped off by accident doesn’t show though, others are all doing a big “meh” just will continue with feed and try and not over saturate them and see if they come back.

19 Likes

Seed Saturday you know the deal, random selection of those who respond back that they are interested with in the next 3ish hours from this post “12pm PST”.

This week some more PRxCD’s up for offer.

As for the Saturday morning update.

Left side doing well with the re-pot did some more flopping and shaping to the C9D in the back and the front STS one is getting pretty loaded with pollen sacs though still green so will be a week or more before they are developed and dried out enough to start dropping pollen. The pollinated PRxCD on the front left is starting to look swollen as far as seed development go so gonna have some nice seeds there.

Also all are on a higher pH feed water but ill explain that below.

Right side re-potted them all yesterday well all the ones i kept… wanted to try something feed wise as was noticing all the plants the big ones as well obviously were looking hungry so i fed some a higher than normal 2.4EC feed water and other at the original normalize level of 1.6EC though at a higher pH 7.5-7.6 and watched the changes, the high pH feed they all perked up quite quick so that’s what they are getting at this point in time.

Also meant to only repot 12 but ended up with 13 some how was planning to leave 4 open spaces to start some more seed once shuffles to upper cabinets and culling of pollen producing plants happen in a week or two.

21 Likes

Hi my friend they do look interesting :face_with_monocle: I would love to try them

Paps

5 Likes

I’ll give them a try

5 Likes

I’ll throw my name in the hat :tophat:

6 Likes

I would definitely be interested!

4 Likes

It’s soon April ! That means autos in the woods! I’ll drop my name in here also

4 Likes

Id love to give them a try :slight_smile: was hoping to grow a nice variety of every Auto I can get for this spring on the farm :slight_smile:

3 Likes

3xD6 rolls landed on @Papalag , @ShiskaberrySavior @Chronickyle all send you a pm shortly

9 Likes

Super awesome!!! Thanks I know exactly where these are going :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Congrats to the winners :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I hope the poisoned rose part isn’t to poisoned haha :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

@Mr.Sparkle Wow, your plants and setup are freaking epic!!! Wow, just wow! :heart::heart::heart:

5 Likes

nah there quite pleasant at least to me.

and thanks @nefrella

6 Likes

Thanks @Mr.Sparkle that’s very generous of you

4 Likes

That’s a very high pH do you think they perked up because the nutrients were locked out🤔

3 Likes

yeah exactly, issue is this promix or at least the bags i have you can water with whatever and the runoff is really low as in low 4’s, ive been half trying to ignore runoff numbers and focus on what the plants are telling me as id be likely to flush and cause more problems so to counter that i have added some dolomite lime to the stuff i haven’t used yet to maybe help as a more long term buffer, and also i guess i just have to water at a higher pH to counter the acidity of the peat.

No like i haven’t though of going back to coco a bunch of times, but i want to see this out first.

8 Likes

@Mr.Sparkle What r your thoughts on topping autos?

My NL would be a prime candidate (4th node topping) and was curious if its worth it? Thank you!

11 Likes